Thread: Honor Gain

Honor Gain

How does a province determine the honor gain when hitting others in war?

How much honor you gain per attack is it dependent of the NW?
    If so, anyone has any idea within how many % of the NW could you hit to still have honor gain?

Does it mean the closer the enemy's NW it is to yours, the more NW you gain/lose?

Other than Trad. March, does other form of attack gain honor?

Thanks for taking your time off to reply

Veteran
    As far as I know the exact formula is not known. The factors you need to take into account are the target's honour and the NW. That the target's honour is one of the factors should be pretty obvious since each hit takes a % of the target's honour. If you don't hit any lower than about 85% you should be getting decent honour gains, as I recall the gains don't drop very much for top feeding (ideal NW is likely the same NW as you have). The only other attack that takes any honour is Conquest, CQ is a rather crappy attack though and there's no point in using it to get honour since the honour gain is much lower than for Trad March.

Postaholic
    i believe max honor gains for attacks are against people ur own networth range. there are little honor penalty for topfeeding but heavy penalty for bottomfeeding

i think the max is around 15~20% of enemy's total honor. based on my experience and what my kd mates reported to me in the past, the max honor gain when hitting a baron was up to about 400, and hits against marquis/dukes were in the range of 900~1200 honor

i hope that gives u a rough idea. but as i said im not 100% certain myself. altho i never worry about it. these days attacks alone wont get u to top honor, u'll need propaganda

Is +/- 15% of your NW consider within range?

yes
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast
    Honor gains are based on a % of the person being hit's honor and also based on your honor at the time of making the hit.

That's before you take in consideration nw size difference and unlike max gains the max honor gains are closer to +20-25% over your networth you have to be topfeeding to get max honor gains, they of course follow a bell curve after that.

That being said it's easier to lose honor when you have higher honor than it is to gain honor. Any province in a kingdom that is much higher in honor than their kingdom mates automatically has a target on their province, if you want to go for honor you have to get your kingdom to go for honor together, honor is a kingdom wide goal not a province goal.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by uzziah View Post
    Honor gains are based on a % of the person being hit's honor and also based on your honor at the time of making the hit.

That's before you take in consideration nw size difference and unlike max gains the max honor gains are closer to +20-25% over your networth you have to be topfeeding to get max honor gains, they of course follow a bell curve after that.

That being said it's easier to lose honor when you have higher honor than it is to gain honor. Any province in a kingdom that is much higher in honor than their kingdom mates automatically has a target on their province, if you want to go for honor you have to get your kingdom to go for honor together, honor is a kingdom wide goal not a province goal.
    very true, although, on occasion you can get high honor on a single prov =)
    my elf in gen last age had marquis honor in a kd where next hightest was baron, but yeah, i immediately had a massive target on my head, even 3 raw tpa & wpa wouldnt keep people out... i ended up on count, but that was purely due to the fact i was warrior and did army out/army in =)

Thread Information