Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Genesis... :S

/me humps Pike and Estranged, threesome ftw!

lol wtf a bunch of cry babies, mehul was even worse EVER since he made the game, so take a chill pill.

Danm whiners.
    This forum is made for uss to complain/whine/ask for advice etc etc, So its my right to whine in here. But thanx for pointing out to uss that were whining!

Now u clearly dont understand my message. I havent compared mehul and OMAC. Neither did I say OMAC is better than mehul or mehul is better than OMAC. U missed my point.
    Im just stating that I THINK OMAC is doing a very lousy job and are not in this with the best interest for the game.

But yes, I actually do believe the previous owners did a better job than OMAC so far. So now I did say it.
    Last edited by Hugu; 15-12-2008 at 20:29.

Post Fiend
    I would like to see some answers from OMAC, if they aknowledge that they should be doing better, and if they are trying to make that better in the future, this inactivity thing with no heads up in the forums which should be a minimum recruirement is kinda lousy, seeing as its not even weekend.

If not, you should considder rehiring Mehul, he used to do a decent job considdering his crew.

Post Fiend
    People atleast Omac reads these thread and responds to most of them.

Mehul sometimes would disappear for weeks and ages would just keep going forever :p

I agree that Omac needs to understand the utopian player crowd better, you have people who are online/login 20h out of 24h and with only 2 minutes of game play per hour that means we have more than 1000 minutes a day to read and check these forums.

We are expecting the same kind of nuts presence from your staff or atleast a hourly (or as much as possible) update on important issues.

Regular
    From where do you get the idea that OMAC reads these threads Sharu?
    It's so painfully obvious that they do not. They bought this and so many other games for the ad incomes and pay services they are introducing. Their interest in this game lies with keeping the players below a maximum level of discontent, where they would start losing money. They have no interest in the game itself.
    This is atleast my firm belief, and I will continue to believe so until proven wrong.

Mehul had a behavior that was set in stone.
    He'd always provide 'estimated' ends to the servers, but all deadlines were always kept to.
    If the server was set to restart a 5 am for him, on christmas eve, it would restart at 5 am on christmas eve.

OMAC couldn't even add the changes before freeze ended, let alone implement half the vaporware they announced.

Give up, people - it's now a serious fact that Mehul, who ran this game for fun and laughs, did a much better job than OMAC.
    Last edited by VT2; 15-12-2008 at 22:37.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Galrion View Post
    From where do you get the idea that OMAC reads these threads Sharu?
    It's so painfully obvious that they do not. They bought this and so many other games for the ad incomes and pay services they are introducing. Their interest in this game lies with keeping the players below a maximum level of discontent, where they would start losing money. They have no interest in the game itself.
    This is atleast my firm belief, and I will continue to believe so until proven wrong.

Totally agree with u here Glarion. Thats what I sincerely believe too.

VT2, yes indeed Mehul did a betetr job than OMAC so far.

Although I kinda feel it was Mehuls Lifework, and for OMAC its "just another game".
    Apart from this, I expected more from OMAC as a "professional" gaming company.

Regular
    They didn't even reply to a lot of kd reporting their hacked acc, some kd are majorly ****ed atm and losing charted positions, but well, good game omac.

Enthusiast
    Even though I bet without the hack issues they still wouldn't have kept the deadline. They will just use the hacking issue as an excuse.

Regular
    It was posted 3 days ago that Genesis was going to start today. Surely by the time they announced it, it was ready.... but no

Forum Fanatic
    Database error
    The Jolt Forums database has encountered a problem.

Let them fix 1 server before starting a 2nd 1. Would be completely stupid on their part to open a 2nd server when the first one is under attack.Some people i guess dont think to clearly at times when they post .

I can create an account now. Guess they're just bad at telling time

edit: and they're bad at making it work within that time
    Last edited by lingar; 16-12-2008 at 00:17.

i created an account but cant login to it... does anyone else have this issue?
    Join #nursinghome - for the retirees and the vets to talk about stuff

Regular
    Mehul will always be great and better since this was his game. I remember in his peak he was what made this game absolutely awsome.

OMAC is not a bad thing, however as mentioned their motivation isn't the game itself to be great, but keeping it's player base content or they will lose money.

Thankfully money is not always that bad, without that incentive this game would be long dead.

Mehul in his last dying efforts stoped caring for the game as much. Hence you get ignorant nobs flaming him to death.

Mehul was the true creator, now Buddha took over, to run utopia for a while.

Post Fiend
    Well hopefully someone from OMAC will come and clarify to us whether they intent to improve their work on utopia..

Post Fiend
    It seems that genesis kd's will consist of 2-3 players, I dont know whats the cause is, many people didnt know gen started, the signup process has been faulty etc etc..

Hopefully more people will sign up!

Charts are still disfunctional..

Thread Information