Thread: Bring utopia back!

Post Fiend

Exclamation Bring utopia back!

I've been browsing through these forums for a few months now and all I see is people complaining how bad Utopia has become. We just sit here and ***** about everything, OMAC, hackers, Ads, PLayer numbers, Absalom, etc...

Seems like everyone just expects someone else to fix Utopia. Well as with all "businesses" - i will refer to utopia as a business - success is measured by customer support. Most businesses develop through word of mouth. If we want Utopia to be successful then we gotta get out there and spread the word.

If you go to college/uni put some posters up about Utopia. Put a link on your facebook/myspace. Get your friends into the game.

If you're a monarch DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN to teach new players. Don't just kill them off if they don't want to use msn/irc. The days where you just razed off a so called "inactive" are over! PLayers are a precious commodity. If you put the effort in then hopefully they will bring friends to the game.

OMAC you need to fix the damn scripting and hackers at all cost! Get rid of these bull**** ads putting trojans and worms on our comps. you can't expect people to put up with that.

Make up some posters for us to download and put up around campuses.

Let's stop complaining and do something!

on campus: omg hai guyz lets go play teh online browser text gaem and be elves and dwarves and GASP! DARK elves! So kewl that I controol teh leet 10000 elf lords! Tralala~~~

Just imagine... hehehe
    At least that's how I think the mockery will begin if you try to advertise it.

Post Fiend
    Who cares what they say?

You know the game is good, I know the game is good. There are other people who will think the game is good. Did you mock the person who introduced you to Utopia?

Glad you could make a constructive post though...

Postaholic
    durantz, try teaching someone 9 years worth of utopia experience through in-game messages, and see exactly how long you last before you go insane from having to repeat yourself cos the guy doesn't even speak english as a native language.

Pass
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Post Fiend

Thumbs down

I have played utopia since the beggining. I have been the monarch of my current kd for the last 2 ages.

I give every player that comes into the kd my full attention. I don't threaten them with destruction if they fail to make an attack or if they do a tm instead of a massacre.

You guys wanna sit there and kill off any new player who doesn't learn in one week then you are the ones to blame for the game going down.

The amount of times I've repeated myself is unbelievable. I've taught people from a whole range of countries with different levels of english. But i'd do it over and over again as many times as it takes. As long as I get new players in the kd I will put in the effort to help them.

Keeping passing, i guess you gotta stick with what you're good at.

I'd download a poster to stick up at school or work any day! Snap to it OMAC.

I would too

1. clean up/delete the cheaters
    2. institute the 3 improvements
    3. then advertise

Never advertise before you've improved the game!

If you advertise too early you will only get some new sign ups, but these new people will leave the game soon after signup, for the (all too often) mentioned reasons.

Remember rule nr.1 in marketing: Don't advertise a bad product.
    Historical example: AMTRACK tried it and failed!
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Thread Information