Thread: I miss this game...

I miss this game...

Hello, everyone, this is the shortly infamous Lord_Hawk from a place that those familiar with me will know where I am from.

I don't know how many remember me, and I don't care, as the point is that I played this game a long time ago, and have experienced the highs and lows through the ages. Due to life concerns, and the sadness to see my beloved game fall like a slowly sinking ship. I've returned a couple of times for a couple of days, only to see that the game has changed little for the better, and has gone away from what it was first meant to be by Mehul (who I guess is gone now?).

We should never take games seriously, and when one dies, we just play another. I'm, however, not afraid to admit that I'm truly saddened by the fall of this game. I miss playing it. I miss when I was new and things were so easy to grasp for new and returning players.

No other game, not even an MMO could have ever compared to the social life of this game, and while there are many copycat games all over the internet, this was the original, and the one that created the concept of true intimate team play. I want that kinship with my kingdom back.

But to now see that trading is allowed? Multiple provinces per person? To see that those aren't dealt with anymore? The complicated equations for science and all that frequent players can adjust to, while people like me who want to return to the game dont' even recognize it anymore? Not to mention what a NEW player must think when they read the guide and wonder if they will ever get the overcomplexity of this game?

Maybe this will be a discussion, maybe this thread will get deleted, maybe people will call me a newbie, or maybe this will be a post i make and never think of coming to see this thread again. I don't know.

These are just the feelings of someone who used to play the game, wants things to improve as he lurks around...maybe once a couple of weeks to a months, wanting things to turn, get better, or to see some innovation or foward direction.

That's my two cents. I apologize if this offends anyone, even the owners, but again it's just how I feel.

I want my game back.

Forum Fanatic
    Game doesnt miss you tho Hawk altho i do sometimes miss making fun of your ideas.Only infamous tho in your own mind :)

Trading is very limited

Sitting a province is even more limited

Science isnt complicated if you can read

Same ol Lord Hawk tho.always complaining about concepts of the game you couldnt grasp .Game has to evolve at times ,which means you have to adapt or move on. you moved on.

I'm glad there's someone who at least remembers me, though you may have been involved in the game more than me.

Trading isn't just limited, it's ALLOWED, give someone a trade code, and someone can hop right in.

The complexity of the game is in more than just one area. the game is mathematical to the point where unless you have the exact tools and formulas that people like us had, and like you probably have now, it's impossible to get by.

I don't think someone should have to download Utopia Angel to create an effective province, but without it your province is always going to be mathematically inferior, and I'm sure even you know that.

Another thing with science in particular is that unless it states it now in the guide (admittedly I haven't looked at the guide in over a month), the science maximums are not listed, so how am I supposed to know what to build up?

The game should evolve, yes, but evolution does not always mean making a game complex. You can increase user experience by merely changing the way things are done rather than adding yet another calculation for Brother Green to crack the code for.

Forum Fanatic
    Again Hawky. its limited to 3 total trades unless OMAC gives you a extra which hasnt been done

I like most older players can still make attacks without tools.They do help but not needed totally

Science you would determine what to build based on your race and personality and your goals. it isnt hard to figure out what works whether its in the guide or not i have no idea. never use the guide either

To me the game has been dumbed down over the ages because of all the extra tools ,may be the first time we have ever agreed on anything. But it has also evolved into other aspects aswell. You can only tweak races and change their names so many times before that doesnt work anymore which is what happened finally.

Wondering tho. now its the tools you say that have destroyed the game.I remember years ago you said alliances did that when you were creating your anti-alliance alliances everywhere. you change your views finally or can Lady G still at some point plan on you stalking her still lol ?
    Last edited by Thunder TA; 16-12-2008 at 15:16.

Regular
    Ahhh Hawkey and his AAAAAAAAA neverforget a historical figure of this game. You braught interesting topics up for dicussion so you built yourself a name.

I would like to see you return, and don't judge utopia for the trading and movie it's turned out better than i would have thought. Give it a go mate.

hawk complains too much.

that is all.

how bad are you at math that you can't calculate the simple things? "wtf, how menny bildeengs owt of 1000 maik up 20%? gawd dis gaym is complecks"

Regular
    lol?

Not a historical figure, but just a small moment that I guess some people seem to remember rather well (won't give myself credit for that, since I became power hungry and corrupt).

It's more than a "little" bit of calculating. When before every attack you have to put in every bit of information into Utopia Angel when you make attack. Their troops, the troops trength, figuring in MP or GP or whatever else, then figuring in your own spells, figuring out the defense you need to leave at home.

Having to be careful not to become too networth fat or landfat. this was all ready complicated enough when I was playing, but now everyone must be careful not to have too little defense for their networth AND their land.

Figuring out combat losses, figuring out exactly how many buildings you need, then the building formula? GOD!

Then there's ambush and conquest you have to account for.

The game is a lot easier for Thieves and for Mages, since there are not near as many things to take into account (since you don't attack) but from what I hear the usefulness of being a pure T/M has been wiped out.

Now don't get me wrong. I write web pages and I write programs. I LOVE mathematics and calculations, but we're working witht he same equation age after age, and the love of mathematics alone cannot keep one in the game for too long.

I'm not saying to make the game extremely simple, but make it dynamic without making it so ridiculously complex, as other games do, not so complex that you're having to pull out the angel and the calculator to figure everything out. I mean, yeah, I can do it, but from someone wanting back into the game, and I'm sure there are people that could be reading this now that think the exact same way, I want my game to be fun and playable.

meh, who uses Angel to attack?

Metatron + som calc = ftw

Angel = bounce or oversend

and most of that stuff you don't have to obsess about unless you are in a top kd, its only that complex for the players who want it to be. Ghetto to midlevel kds can operate perfectly fine without ripping their hair out running calculations.
    S E C R E T S

Anyone who can do fifth grade math can attack in this game.
    Anyone who can do fourth grade math can calculate what pieces of their land need to be what building to get the desired effect.
    Anyone who knows basic english can enjoy the game.

It's not complicated, because it's silly math. Math is easy.
    As easy as it's boring.

Legal trading is almost useless - moving people around is useful, but we only got three moves, and have yet to receive more.

You pretty much qualify as an ancient, old, gnarled veteran.
    Either get into the game again, or get out. Baseless whining gets you nowhere.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Regular
    i know how you feel. the game is dying because assholes outnumber everyone else playing. see above for example.

If you love the game start playing again. At least give it a nudge!

Post Fiend
    Refer to my "Bring Utopia Back" thread.

You want the game to get better then do some work! It's that simple.

If OMAC and the players work together instead of at odds the game will flourish.

Who even needs a program to get the numbers.
    Lol.

Its not that hard to work out.

VT2 is right.

Thread Information