Thread: Civil War: Request for Advise.

Civil War: Request for Advise.

Our KD, for some ages now, accepted some new players at the beginning of this age. After all Utopia is a game of fun and teamplay.

Apperently those new players had a different view on the game then the majority of our KD....

After some serious discussing they decided to try and take over the KD and impose their way of thinking on the KD.....

Because we gave them the benefit of the doubt they grew quite large, despite several requests not to do so.

That brings us to the current situation where we got into a civil war trying to defend the old values of our KD....

3 of the minions we can get under control, but because of our benevolence one of them grew to a size we cannot handle anymore....

Please advise us on how to proceed....

Is this considered propper behavior, if yes then could somebody stand up with us for a good cause....

Regular
    Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom just say that in the forums and the scots will fight on enventualy winning their Frrreeedom.

Or, you get those three minions under controle by killing them, and you all hit the guy taking his defence down. And keeping his peasants low so he can't grow.

The prov that causes the most trouble, the leader from the uprising so to speak, is also the biggest prov.

He is 3 times bigger then most of the other players....so its virtually impossible to hurt him due to the NW difference....

Concerning the other 3 minions....they try to avoid deletions by going into VM...:(

So it is not a simple situation where we can solve this internally...

We are requesting outside help....

Enthusiast
    I would let all the attackers do conquest on 1 of them (assuming you hav provs that have offense 51%+ their defense). This will kill a lot of his troops and lower his defense. If every attacker contributes you will be able to lower his defense down to a level where you can start doing trad marches.

Let the mages and thieves in your KD also do NS, Droughts, Meteor Showers, etc.

Work on those 3 provs 1 by 1. This is will work well if everyone in your KD contributes...

The king can cancel VM so thats not a problem. Pump one of your biggest provs, sending gc, sols and runes til he is big enough to conquest. Or find a kd you know with big enough ppl to assist in taking this guy out. Any communications with outside kds seeking assistance should take place through the king, pref on the kd public irc channel to ensure its not the king that has gone rogue and other provs can verify.

Enthusiast
    EXCEPT you CAN NOT conquest intra-kingdom only trad march and raze are available.

I assume you are in a semi-ghetto, so I will base what to do on that.

Find a kingdom with about 4 guys the size of your trouble province, be nice and politely offer his acres to them, i am sure they will willingly bring him down to size.

Meanwhile build up t/m capabilities, depending on his race he should have a weakness to either mage ops or thief ops, you can use that weakness to break him if your kingdom works on him together.

There are 3 ways to break someone down using ops, #1, peasant control if you take his peasants down low enough he won't have peasants to draft from, make gold for his province, or keep his BE in check, he will collapse under the weight of his own troops since he has little kingdom support.

#2 economy/starving it's a hard method to use as you need to steal all of his food, keep droughts on him, and destroy his farms, course he can steal food for himself, keep NB on himself, and rebuild farms.

#3 my personal favorite, tornado, LL, and Arson down his buildings until he overpops, it works just like trad marching him except he can rebuild his lands, if you have 6 or 7 people able to bring down his buildings you can drop his built land to 1/3 or less which will bring his troops down, you need to do it together though as it has to occur in a short timeframe to work well, say 2-3 hours max for all your ops to be done, make sure to steal his gc if he is not a dwarf as that will keep him from rebuilding the acres. this method works well over a couple days time.

the traditional NS and NM him might work but you won't get enough troops off of him to make enough trad marches to get him to size.

Thank you very much for all your advise, but it seems in vain.

they are chaining down the king and there is intra-KD not much to do about this situation....

Only outside help might bring relieve, and we need it soon!!

Anyone?

Its their KD too, why do you guys have claim to it?

Seriously though, sucks when this happens :( Part of the game though.

we had some newb try this to our kingdom, getting 20 provinces constantly oping you even though he was bigger then us we where also doing "failed traditional marches" to take out his armies as well as all the ops he suffered. Took us 24 hours of non stop attention to finally break him with a couple suicides and then he was done and killed off. Took about 72 hours to kill him. If your organized enough you can still bring them down.

my advice is if there small guys are very small quickly do all your attacks on them and kill them off. While attacking those focus all thieves and mages ops on the big guy and when small guys killed off start doing the failed attack to kill his armies and prevent him from growing or rebuilding until you can break him.

Like ishandra said it is part of the game but there are more of you and the faster you can kill off their help the easier

The reason why we claim it is because of democracy. That might sound silly, but if you have 20 votes of 24 I guess you can claim that the majority does not want that other ruler.

And true, we maybe should have foreseen this and should have reacted earlier (we were to good of faith); but the fact remains that this can be seen as a hostile takeover to which we cannot defend ourselves anymore.

That is why we call upon the forces of democracy to defend that basic right.

Tetsuo... I am the guy that hit your problem province twice.

I would hit him again for you, but my kingdom has its own issues to deal with at the moment. I wish you the best.

The problem province tried to contact me on irc (to no avail). It may be advised to try and talk to him in that medium instead of posts. Maybe you two can come to a conclusion that doesn't involve killing each other.

You could always tell him "Fine you have it then!" and secretly plot to destroy him later on. Or atleast, buy some time.

Does he realize that he actually has to have votes to be king, not just "keep what you kill" type politics?

Post Fiend

Thumbs up

Ah yes. the Code lives! Steven Seagal must be damn proud.

LL The Code!

Thread Information