Thread: Desolé

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Fiend
    A) We've addressed that, I know, and I messed up. I also just realized that I neglected to label the last two posts for Marcus, so I do feel like and ass for that point. My bad

B) Through my posts I mentioned the states that both of my characters are in. The only thing I can do beyond that is insert the state into each post, which would get tiresome. I did mention that I have the map setup with where everyone currently is, so using that as a reference would be a good thing to do.

c) Springfield, MO and Jonesboro, AR are 218 driving miles away from each other according to Google Maps. I checked Google Earth and found that the straight-line distance is 173 miles. Before I even looked at the Google Maps, I rationalized that Dominic would have sensed something like what Uriel did at about 200 miles, considering what I perceived to be the strength of Uriel's actions. At the same time, I knew that him knowing the exact location would be completely pushing things. As far as revealing what he can do, that can only happen when the situation comes up. You mentioned before that we shouldn't describe things like we would in third-person (your example was clothing and details). Dominic is not going to always dwell on what he can and cannot do, normal people don't do that. So with the absence of character sheets and not posting as we would with great detail, how else would I go about revealing this? Something happened, Dominic reacted. In my mind, given what he does for a 'living', this was a logical progression of things. You can't expect me to explain every detail about my character in the first few posts. Things happen, stuff gets revealed at other points in the RP. I can't help that, in fact no one can.
    The distinction between Constantine and Dominic is character-wise stuff. It's like taking the same idea and altering it slightly, but giving a different sort of person (though similar, I admit) to play the role. I can see your point on stating limits, I could have thrown in a bit about 'not noticing had it been farther' or something, if that is what you mean. That would have been helpful, so sorry about that then.

D) As I mentioned above, Springfield, MO and Jonesboro, AR are only 218 miles away via the highway. Google Maps states that at being just over four hours of straight driving. Given that Dominic departed at most an hour after sundown (estimating eight hours of dark), a four hour trip to Jonesboro is entirely plausible. The events depicted in your post were around when the sun went down (unless I totally missed something), so again a four to six hour trip would place Dominic arriving before sunrise, which is when I am leaving it (hence why I didn't mention it was daylight or anything). I never said it was immediately after this, I figured everyone would understand that I was arriving after the events that had already been depicted.
    At one point I mentioned that it was four or five hours until daylight, which is entirely reasonable when you compare the time it takes to get from Springfield, MO to the border. I leave clues in my writing, even if they are not blatant. Again, though, I know I could have mentioned what highway it way.

E) No it wasn't to be Frank. I picked a name and stuck with it, though I thought Frank was with Alice.

I left things the way they were because I figured Uriel would eventually emerge and either notice Dominic there or not. In either case, Dominic is locked in that room and waiting. In the next post I was going to get him let out and probably have Uriel told about me. My NPC hadn't gone and told Uriel because Uriel was resting, and I figured most of the camp was respecting that.
    I can see how this god a little complicated, but my point was that if there were issues then just email or PM me. That was most of what irritated the heck outta me.

Ren - I'm fine, in fact I was fine shortly after I posted my initial reply. I get over things quick.

I'm more than happy to continue RPing here, and there's no hard feelings on my end. If you wanna smooth out the details with me, Ark, then I'm more than happy to. I swear I do not try to make things more complicated than they have to me.

fake edit: I'll use this place to put my next post for Dominic, if you wanna use yours for Uriel's. or we can delete them, either way
    Last edited by LordKain; 14-02-2009 at 21:25.

Thread Information