Thread: Desolé

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regular
    OOC:

Ok, LK. First, I didn't read your last post with Dominic, so I missed a few things there. My fault.

However, here are my issues.

A. I already reminded you to carefully label which character you mean. This is not hard to do. Instead, because your characters and your writing style is similar for both characters, it makes it immensely difficult to differentiate. So when I could've read the post once and immediately had an idea of what was going on, I instead had to read it several times.

B. Last I read, your character was in SPRINGFIELD. Do you realize how many Springfields there are? I assumed Illinois or Indiana, but now that I'm thinking about it, it might be Missouri.

You have to be specific. You can't just set a point on a google map and expect us to remember when you're RPing.

Regardless, this leads me to point C.

C. While PRPing isn't an issue, your character has to have some limits. So even if Uriel did reveal his presence, he's MILES and MILES away from Dominic at the very least.

Also, when dealing with powers and abilities, you have to be VERY careful about revealing them to your readers. You can't just say "By the way, he can sense angels." There has to be some sort of prior indication of these things.

When RPing an Archangel, it's a little easier, as there are certain basic conventions and expectations regarding such beings. However, when you're just a relatively mortal character, you have state from the get-go in fairly precise terms your limits, or in certain scenarios, your lack of limits.

Regardless, again you have to be specific.

I'm not up on my Constantine lore, but in order to reveal some sort of omniscience of such an immense magnitude, you just have to explain it very carefully, which I don't think you did in your previous post. Also, as far as I can tell, your character is somewhat different from Constantine, so if you're going to have a departure from a convention, you need even more specifics.

D. You can't just show up on the scene. In your last post, you mentioned that Dominic wanted to help Uriel, but unless his car is magical, he still can't travel so many miles in the span of a few hours (which has been all that's trespassed).

You gave no indication how long he had been traveling. Where he came from. You just said he pulled off the highway. At this point, this thought went through my mind:

What highway? What time is it? How long has he been on the highway? It doesn't have to be "I was traveling on 80-90 for 6 hours and it is now morning." But you need to be clear.

E. If you're RPing Frank Dora, I suggest you mention that it's Frank Dora. In which case, I have been clear to set up a few things concerning Frank that you did not follow, the first of which is that he goes by Dora. It's a small detail, but when I, as an RPer, take the time to set it up, it's a matter of courtesy that you, as a fellow RPer pay attention.

LK, I'm sorry to voice my frustrations the way I did and I agree I came off as a jack-ass, for which I apologize.

Now, I don't mind wrenches, but my main point here is you have to be very specific what kind of wrench it is, and how exactly you're changing the plot. You can't just say "Here I am. Good luck." Because that puts all the weight on me. I do have my limits and the situation was already v. complicated. Which is why I was so frustrated.
    Last edited by Arkady; 13-02-2009 at 20:56.

Thread Information