Thread: **Greenie** Help with Gnome/Shep pls

**Greenie** Help with Gnome/Shep pls

I'm playing gnome shep in genesis and it is completely unfamiliar to me. Greenie, would you please give me a hand with a strat as I am completely lost. Do I run full spec def and leet off? I picked it with the intentions of growing huge but looks like I am going to have to war. We're pumping for a week and this is my build right now. I need a good A/T strat for pump and war with as much advice as you can give me. Here is my build now. Cheers!

Buildings Report of xxx (x:xx)
    [http://www.utopiatemple.com Angel v1.93 Beta 2]

Server: Genesis #19
    Ruler Name:
    Personality: The Shepherd
    Race: Gnome
    Building Efficiency: 100%
    Kingdom Stance: Normal

1. Homes: (13.6%)
    2. Farms: (4.5%)
    3. Mills: (13.6%) + in progress (+1.5%)
    4. Banks: (27%) + in progress (+3.9%)
    5. Guilds: (27%) + in progress (+2%)
    6. Towers: (4.5%) + in progress (+0.3%)
    7. Stables: 0 (0%) + in progress (+1%)

Total Land: 1,x21 Acres (90.1% built)
    In Progress: 97 Acres (8.7%)
    New Land: 124 Acres coming in

Seven static defensive guys per acre - the rest of your soldiers, after thieves, all go into elites.
    Chance are you'll never have most of them out at any given time.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    Seven static defensive guys per acre - the rest of your soldiers, after thieves, all go into elites.
    Chance are you'll never have most of them out at any given time.
    pretty much what VT2 said... except i wouldnt run more than 5 defspecs/acre and try and keep spec credits from OOW hits as much as possible for when you war

for "pumping" get arms, guilds and banks, you want as much tpa, wpa and DR as possible, try and get at least 3tpa... and i wouldnt bother training defspecs if you only have a week to get ready

for war, 15% TD's 15% TG's and 10% rax, rest is up to you =)

got no idea why you're asking for me to help tho =)

Because you're the man. So gnomes run arms? VT2, I you are the master of this concept, should I build any stables or steal horses for war, as i've heard gnomes need stables.

No more, no less.

It makes it impossible to do complete suicides.

And yeah, steal horses in two weeks, when all the stupid orcs are loaded with them, send them on your first attack, and never keep them home for a tick.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

There are better things for your thieves to do than steal horses, like NSing. I personally would go with 6 def spec to be able to semi-suicide now and then when the time is right. VT2 probably deals with a lot of newbies and it may be a good idea not to allow them to suicide at all. Tends to lose wars. :) Anyway, something I tend to use as a gnome modified for you.

12.5 homes
    4.5 farms
    14 guilds
    4 towers
    6 rax
    12 stables
    15 forts
    10 banks
    12 TDs
    10 TGs

You can drop the banks for more TGs if you want or other things if you got 100 bpa or more in alchemy and aren't drafted much more than 62%
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

In Gen you get 15% OME for free. I would think more about getting guard stations if there were more people on Gen than there are now. Maybe in a war, but not with 4 or 5 provinces per side.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.

Good that clears up a few things. First of all, I can't imagine semi suiciding in a 4 prov war would be that bad of a thing when necessary. One question, why so many forts? Is that gnome specific? I don't use any forts in WoL with my elf, just 20% tgs as requested by my king, though I've heard a ratio can be ideal. I also agree w/ the fact there is better uses for stealth but if they could be stolen pre-wave with a combination of some stables it seems like it could work all right and the stealth could be recovered in time.

BTW, thanks for your help so far greenie, Dolgil and VT2 all very helpful.

What do you guys think for gnome science? Also I saw someone say gnomes run arms, but why would gnomes need to run arms when everything is dirt cheap? I'd say the gnome economy is pretty healthy without hosps/arms.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by tengo View Post
    What do you guys think for gnome science? Also I saw someone say gnomes run arms, but why would gnomes need to run arms when everything is dirt cheap? I'd say the gnome economy is pretty healthy without hosps/arms.
    so you can run higher drafting rate and decent sci rates?

Science is good. Get it. Sheps may not need much for food science, though.

The reason for forts like that is this: with 6 def specs, minor protection, and 200% pay rate, you have about 40 dpa with all your elites out. Great for turtling as well. With those specs and ten elites (easy to do) you have around 90 dpa. Fortified would give you close to 100.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.

Armouries give lower rates but the rates are already dirt cheap. There is also no option to run a higher drafting rate, and I never heard of it affecting science. Aren't other buildings way more important?

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by tengo View Post
    Armouries give lower rates but the rates are already dirt cheap. There is also no option to run a higher drafting rate, and I never heard of it affecting science. Aren't other buildings way more important?
    well, if you can cut down normal draft costs to 85/sol and elites to 230, thats 35 gc saved you can put towards science

and when you want to grow quickly, that can matter

Thread Information