Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened?

What happened?

It seems to me that the last two ages, kd's stay substantially smaller than in the past. For example, I was in a decent warring kd (2-3 wins) for 3 ages and we'd all end the age about the same size (350k-400kNW) with maybe a few stragglers who had been chained. And honestly the growth, then, seemed very slow to me. Last age I left a month in due to computer problems and we were all extremely small ( 400-900 acres) with one war. i didn't think much of it, bc as we all know some ages can start slow but the growth usually pick up after a few good wins. Well this age, i've been keeping in touch with them, but they are still extremely small (avg 150k NW). They seem to have, pretty much, the same people and still have their usual war wins, just no growth.

Anyways, it doesn't just seem to be that KD but the majority of KD's. Has everyone taken the idea of small warring KD's to the extremes or is it mathematically more challenging? The good ole days just seem to go by alot fast and not drag on as they do now. I miss rushing to 1000 acres, science pumping, then jumping to 2000+. Getting chained down in a war, but coming back even stronger and larger for the next war. Maybe everyone is so worried about being labeled an explorer or dicer that they stray away from Traditional Marches OOW in fear of being crucified.

I wish i was a nub again, playing an avian warrior, while aweing at my impressively large king. Back when i wasn't good enough to grow large, but thought by topfeeding it would happen. Now i'm able to grow with ease, only to find myself either having to sit back and wait for everyone else, or be deemed a bad person with evil intentions.

I created my account this age thinking that this will be my last and I do what i've never done, but wanted to; go solo. told myself i wasn't going to help this ghetto i landed in bc, honestly, been there done that. Strange enough, after a near intra kd war, I found myself wanting to help the kd i was with. I'm now monarch and am doing my best to help the new players as much as i can. Unfortunately, i think that most of the veterans now in utopia are players like me who have helped so many nubs that they don't waste their time. The good players trade into a good kd, and leave the peasants behind.

Well just some random thoughts at 6am.

Sir Postalot
    well, seeing as it is 6am for you, merry christmas =)
    and i agree with the statement that alot of people get sick of training nubs =)
    Now i'm able to grow with ease, only to find myself either having to sit back and wait for everyone else, or be deemed a bad person with evil intentions.
    unfortunately that is a very true sentiment these days =(

yeah i have the same problem... grown to over 3KA but only explored 100 acres and most of the rest of my kingdom is between 1KA and 1.8KA with only a couple over 2KA...

I dun quite understand why some ppl are having trouble growing as pure attacker outside of war really...

Maybe it's the turtle thing. Stick your head out and get it cut off.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

dolgil, by god, you're right. thank you for saving my utopia experience.

umm define turtle... I have similar opa to dpa and hit people within my range and occassionally retalling into larger kingdoms when they have provinces semisuicide on me....

I been sticking my head out all round dolgil

Same thing in my Kingdom, we are all under 1k apart from 2 or 3 guys. I am also Monarch set the growth cap to 1 - 1.2 k acres until everyone else gets there then I'll move it up but your right back 4 years ago when I started to seriously get into Utopia and be alot more active we all ended up around 300-400 k in networth now it seems at the end of ages we are usually bordering on 250k.

I dont know why this is. I would like next age for my Kingdom to drop the war rampage and just try and get into the top 100 in terms of networth and size.

Depends on whether the rest of them want too but that would be challenging in itself, maybe even more so than warring all age.

Staying small within ghetto range, produces far more and quality war wins. People respect the game more at that level. I would rather spend my time with players in this game who try hard and put 200% effort into it. You will only find the true talented at the bottom of the charts with high honor points.

Size means nothing in this game anymore till the day the turtles decided to participate with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Size means nothing in this game anymore till the day the turtles decided to participate with the rest of us.
    I completely agree. Well said

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Staying small within ghetto range, produces far more and quality war wins. People respect the game more at that level. I would rather spend my time with players in this game who try hard and put 200% effort into it. You will only find the true talented at the bottom of the charts with high honor points.

HA, sure...
    dont know what you are smoking, but i want some =)

Originally Posted by Spliff
    Staying small within ghetto range, produces far more and quality war wins.

THAT is called ghetto bashing. Its like taking candy from a baby.

although i do admit there is far more competition at that size. so overall you most likely wont get anywhere with honour along with acre/networth. but i dont think i'll respect the game at that level when there is 95% of the server there.

now thats just boring

to the original starter; theres getting less and less players every age, so theres going to be less acres to take. and the fact that its easy to turtle just makes it that little bit tougher

I have been playing this game since it was started and I love it when people grow extremely large. It is fun to try to keep up with everyone and it make a person proud when you can take someone down that is almost twice your size.

Now I haven't been able to create a new account because of some issues I am having witht he website but I can definately see how keeping the provinces small can take some of the fun out of the game.

Also I saw that a Monarch can put a growth cap on the provinces now? I don't like the idea of that if I understood that correctly.

Having a full KD below 1.5k acres means a lot less and a lot quicker rebuilding after wars, no matter how chained certain provinces get.

Thats why most warring KDs stay small and since many KDs are afraid to grow, for fear of being alliance food, they stick to just Warring.

I have been playing this game since it was started and I love it when people grow extremely large. It is fun to try to keep up with everyone and it make a person proud when you can take someone down that is almost twice your size.

Now I haven't been able to create a new account because of some issues I am having witht he website but I can definately see how keeping the provinces small can take some of the fun out of the game.

Also I saw that a Monarch can put a growth cap on the provinces now? I don't like the idea of that if I understood that correctly.
    LOL at Dwimer! If you have been playing since day one i'll eat my hat!!! So funny.

ROFL @ eat hat

Thread Information