Thread: People overreacting on genesis

Unhappy People overreacting on genesis

My kd made a joint decision to ask a member to leave after much deliberation because we weren't working very well with her. We thought it was handled quite politely but the prov now seems to have asked her husband's kd and according to her several others to hit me to the ground now if I don't defect. I'm pretty sure that isn't a fair thing to do, surely just because you have more friends playing the game you don't get to throw your weight around like that. She was monarch in the beginning and we switched for reasons I don't need to get into, and that explains a lot of her anger I guess.. but I still think that all this is going too far.

On April 1st, YR3, we received this note...
    To My Hated Enemy Queen Cinque
    Defect out of that kingdom now or we'll have the rest of our wol friends hit you till your province is destroyed. You do not play this game the way you've played.

You constantly and poorly abuse the position in which you are. So take this as a warning. Leave now. We don't need players like you on this game who lie and act like a child to get thier way.
    Signed, The Wise King PimpDaddyFresh of Bootah Grabber (4:31)

Anyone got any ideas as to what I can do? Our kd is 2:20, she's Jennifer's Palace.. message is from her husband. Don't just suggest defecting please cause I'd really like to keep playing with the people I've got to know and enjoy playing with >_<

ignore that king. he cant get good gains off you, so that doesnt matter. Your Last gnome is the closest to breaking her. Pump him up, get his leets trained, and get him hitting her. Get storms on her, and start bounce waving. The dragon isnt a major concern yet, as it will affect jen too. If you really have the backing of the kingdom, then they will be willing to help you. Ignore the out side for now, and deal with the internal problem. After SS can break her, start to pump up the second Gnome to break her too. He seems to be the next closest to having the O to break her. Work on getting both those Gnomes trained to hit her, and she should soon leave. you could also try to find a kingdom that is looking to war, offer them a war win to help you clear her out. This would help you protect yourself from the kingdom thats hitting you, and put on a little more pressure on her..
    Last edited by Jace; 11-01-2009 at 08:20.

Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand.---Baruch Spinoza

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.---Frank Leahy

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.---Galileo Galilei

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.---Andre Gide

I'm sorry, I don't speak stupid. -- Jace

Any idea who they are on Legends? Still, this doesn't look like a black/white conflict.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Sounds like Kygal to me. Shes the only female in this game that would be that retarded.

Few things in life are ever black and white. Thats why i didnt offer to help. I offered a way she could help herself. :)
    Last edited by Jace; 11-01-2009 at 10:01.

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.---Galileo Galilei

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.---Andre Gide

thanks, I appreciate that, will try what you said :) The rest of the kd were in the decision making as well, just none of us are exactly enthusiastic about this kind of reaction. Not sure who she is on WoL but that doesn't matter, different game after all, shouldn't have to deal with problems from one on another.

Could always put pressure on them on Legends to return the favour. What led to this?
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

I'm not even sure, maybe something as mundane as personality clashes between us and her or just different ways of doing things in the beginning. We'd given her an initial cooling-off time after she lost monarch but things didn't improve the way we'd hoped, it just got to the point where it was silly to go on with things the way they were. I'm not sure why she's so reluctant to just defect having been asked to, I can't imagine it's been much more fun for her playing in the kd the last couple weeks than it has been for us.

From her perspective I've heard a few things that she's accused me of to other people but there's not much truth in them at all, especially her most common one which involves me deleting all her posts heh, I am not that kinda person.. even if what someone says has me gritting my teeth I'll leave it up so long as it's not overly rude. I think there was one I deleted because it was written almost entirely in caps, but I would do that any day to anyone and even posted to say I had deleted it and why. Probably the biggest mistake I made was trying to explain mine or the kd's point of view on things she disagreed with, those conversations never ended happily though for the most part there wasn't much actual nastyness from either side. I never meant to actually sound like that anyway, but I sure got frustrated sometimes.

Anyway I haven't heard from them since this morning and we're hoping she's calmed down a bit and will either leave quietly or at least keep her friends out of it. Thanks everyone for your advice, it's much appreciated, especially the quick responses :)

Post Fiend
    Ohhhhh...she lost monarchy.
    That puts a whole different perspective on things, lol.
    Jace gave the best advice far as i can see, just find a quick war.

That was actually really good advice

yaaay i gave good advice :) there is a first time for everything

Post Fiend
    some people take gen way to serious

Some take Genesis seriously in general.
    That's a big mistake.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

LOL! Agree with VT2
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Thread Information