Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True or False

Post Fiend

True or False

Is it true that if you are warring a bigger kd your gains will be greater than theirs?

Say I was in the smaller kd and I attacked someone of equal networth from the bigger kd would i gain more land from him than he would gain from me?

False. Both because there are no KD NW effects in war and because your gains are never boosted by hitting up. You just don't get a penalty when hitting kingdoms at least 82.5% of your own NW.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Sir Postalot
    OUT OF WAR, yes, you get a bonus
    IN WAR no, its the same as hitting a kd same nw

Post Fiend
    thanks guys... doesn't make me feel any better though :(

Not correct according to Makka's findings _greenie.

Assuming they all have networths slightly greater than your own kingdom's, then yes, you get a bonus to gains per attack, but that's all.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Not correct according to Makka's findings VT2.

So you're telling me that my attacks for 15-20% land are lies, and not at all better than their hits for 5-15% land?

O....kay.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Forum Addict
    It's true, but not for the reasons you'd think.

Kingdom Relative Networth Gains (KRNW) don't apply in war, so you won't gain extra just because their kd is bigger.

However, bigger kingdoms have bigger provinces. You'll be topfeeding, they'll be bottomfeeding. You can therefore expect your provinces to slightly outgain theirs. This is due to NW-based gains and not KRNW.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    So you're telling me that my attacks for 15-20% land are lies, and not at all better than their hits for 5-15% land?

O....kay.
    no, what he is saying is that hitting down in kd nw gives a gains reduction
    whilst hitting same kd nw, and higher, doesnt give a bonus, its "raw gains"

Say I was in the smaller kd and I attacked someone of equal networth from the bigger kd would i gain more land from him than he would gain from me?
    The OP doesnt say anything about raw or bonus gains, merely more gains than the opponent.

VT2 said
    Assuming they all have networths slightly greater than your own kingdom's, then yes, you get a bonus to gains per attack, but that's all.
    which would be correct, the gains would be bonus if the enemy province was higher NW, which it will be if they are all higher NW.

So Catwalk took VT2's post the wrong way I think as he was actually right.

I love these forums so much.

Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post

O....kay.
    I certainly won't discount the possibility of you lying, but faulty memory/poor interpretation of data/simple miscalculation are probably better bets.

Ishandra, I believe that gains% maxes out at same province NW and that there is no gains effect for hitting kingdoms 82.5% of your kingdom's NW or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    Ishandra, I believe that gains% maxes out at same province NW and that there is no gains effect for hitting kingdoms 82.5% of your kingdom's NW or higher.

So the guide is wrong where it says hitting opponents larger than yourself will provide greater reward? Along with 99% of the utopian community.

VT2 Hadnt mentioned KDNW in that post so its irrelevant.

The guide is getting to the point where it's wrong more often than not. And you have no basis for claiming what 99% of the community believes. Moreover, if their belief is based on what a flawed guide and out of date guide says, I don't see how that's relevant.

Maybe I misread, didn't it state that either you got higher gains% for hitting larger kingdoms or larger provinces? Both of which are not correct. If you're merely referring to larger actual gains (due to higher acres as well), it's correct of course.

Thread Information