Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True or False

Post Fiend
    No I was just meaning if you hit an identical province from a larger kd would you get higher gains? I was told this by someone but couldn't understand how it could be true. thanks for clearing it up.

My claim is that you never get a gains bonus for hitting a higher NW province OR kingdom. Based on Makka's findings linked to above. Optimal gains% is at same NW. For a target in a kingdom below 82.5% of your kingdom's NW you start getting penalties, if it's above 82.5% there is no penalty (and no bonus).
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

From your own link Catwalk:

*Notes* I personally do not believe there is a top feed BONUS as such, I think hits upwards of 0.825 KD ratio will have no deficit but no advantage either. However; I have no data to confirm that assumption so I will not make it part of my results at this time..[/i]
    My other worry is that his gains formula includes a cap based on defenders acres, but nothing with attackers acres.

I have always assumed gains were dependent on NW ratios, while caps were dependent on attacks acres. Even as Orc I never made a single hit for more than 20% of my own acres, no matter how land fat the enemy was.

It has also been suggested on Utopia Wiki that the Orc gains bonus does not multiply raw gains as suggested in Makka's work, but shifts the curve 30% in the optimal direction to bring them closer to cap.

I think there's still a lot of work to be done to prove anything, but I might try hitting for equal NW and see if my gains seem relatively better than hitting above my NW.
    Last edited by Ishandra; 15-01-2009 at 01:57.

Good catch, I'll remain sceptical about that part then.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Get him to work on the honour formula next though, most of what I've seen suggests its the same curve as land gains just shifted upwards for NW by around a 5% positive NW difference.

True..
    NW based return times have been taken away, not gains.
    Hitting up your NW always yields bigger gains because more available resources.
    Hitting down your NW effects honor points taken and created.

So yeah, do the honorable thing and hit up your NW. A strat that never fails to land my group in the top honors.

Thread Information