Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few Questions (Need Quick Response Please)

Regular

Few Questions (Need Quick Response Please)

1. Is 10% Guilds enough for decent success rate on Self-Spells during war?
    Thinking of taking it down from 15% to 10% to put the 5% elsewhere.

2. Does Pitfalls and Bribe Generals work to increase enemy losses when Ambushing
    them?

3. Honor gained for Ambushes? Yes or no?

4. If answer to 3 is No, after getting chained, would you rather:

A) Ambush as many of those attacks as you can?

or

B) Do a Traditional March to get yourself from Knight back to Lord honor
    title and then Ambush whatever you can?

5. If the enemy's army has already made it home before you can Ambush them,
    Ambush will automatically target the next province that had attacked you for
    land? Yes or no?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by iDShaDoW; 16-01-2009 at 22:11.

Enthusiast
    1. Yes, even 5% Guilds is enough for self spells.

2. I will say no, not 100% maybe someone has a definite answer.

3. No.

4. A & B. is honor more important than staying alive and kicking ass?

5. Ambush will target the most resent land grab from your province. If you get hit 3x, an ambush will be in a reverse pattern. Last to first.

Regular
    Ahh okay, it's last to first. Thought it would be the first guy that hit me, good to have that cleared up before I started lol. So if I can only Ambush 2 people, should I just throw out 1 attack with 1 soldier to bounce attack #3 and then do real Ambushes on attack #1 & 2 since they took more of my land?

As for #4, I figure I can maybe get in 2 Ambushes on the 3 guys that hit me. Not sure if I'd be able to squeeze in all 3 Ambushes since none of them were Orcs.

If I can get 2 Ambushes, it'd be quicker return time on the land from 1 of the Ambushes or getting that honor title bonus back along with maybe just as much land as the Ambush if not more.

The population damage is pretty much already done from getting chained but I minimized as well as I could by sacrificing thieves (reducing desertions) to steal runes and then using my increased WPA to landlust what I could back (about 132 acres).

Oh and another question. If someone casts Storms on me, and I cast Nature's Blessing; the Storms still show up on my Mystic Advisor page. Will it no longer effect me or Nature's Blessing only works if you have it up before they attempt to put Storms on you?
    Last edited by iDShaDoW; 16-01-2009 at 22:43.

2. Does Pitfalls and Bribe Generals work to increase enemy losses when Ambushing
    them?
    I believe they do.
    Nature's Blessing only works if you have it up before they attempt to put Storms on you?
    Yes

Ambush often isn't very good after being chained, assuming the attacks you can ambush were sent at your full defense. Make sure to do a proper cost benefit analysis and compare acres taken with offense sent.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Enthusiast
    If someone casts Storms on me, and I cast Nature's Blessing; the Storms still show up on my Mystic Advisor page. Will it no longer effect me or Nature's Blessing only works if you have it up before they attempt to put Storms on you?
    Before Storms.

Postaholic
    10% guild is very minimal for self spells in top wars where runes are scarce. in ghetto wars u can probably get away with less since u can steal runes from inactive noobs in the other kd. however u have to build ur incoming acres very carefully or ur guild% will quickly fade away

for DE its highly recommended that u keep much higher than 10%, since u have the best spell in game, ToG (if ur kd knows how to properly use it). its very costly to fizzle

Yes because guilds give you runes.

Post Fiend
    I dont know what game you play because in Utopia they dont

must be orkfia

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    He probably meant that you need guilds so you don't fizzle with the runes you do have?

Towers give Runes, Guilds train Wizards and govern how well self spells work.
    Also the more Guilds you have the longer self spells last, so the more you cut back on Guilds the more often you will have to cast self spells to keep them active. I currently run 10% Guilds in my war build as a Gnome/rouge thief prov and if lucky get 10-12 hour casts, usually 8 or 9 hours, during pumps I go to 20%+ guilds to replace lost wizards and also get some 24 hour casts.

I just razed my guilds to free up acres after getting my WPA up to snuff. Now I fizzle everything. I sure feel this whould've been good info to include in the so-called "ADVANCED GUIDE".

'2% chance to train a wizard daily' really didn't lead be to believe they were involved in casting... Oh well! NO SPELLS FOR ME FOR 2 M.F. DAYS!

You are fully correct, this information should be in the Advanced Guide.
    This is probably the reason why it actually *is* in the Advanced Guide.

To cast a spell, you must have both wizards and mystic runes. The runes cost formula for all spells is available in the Formula section. For spells cast upon yourself, success is based on your Guild percentage and your Building Effectiveness - the more guilds you have, the better you will do. For spells cast upon others, the success is based on your relative wizard population, measured as Wizards Per Acre (WPA), modified by the racial bonuses or penalties. The higher your WPA compared to an enemy, the better your success. However, there is always a great deal of luck in every spell. Furthermore, the duration of all spells is greatly impacted by your Guild percentage.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by iDShaDoW View Post

2. Does Pitfalls and Bribe Generals work to increase enemy losses when Ambushing them?

5. If the enemy's army has already made it home before you can Ambush them, Ambush will automatically target the next province that had attacked you for land? Yes or no?

Thanks for the help.
    1. depends on your enemy 10% is about as low as you want to go for self spells though.

2. Pitfalls and bribe generals work on all attacks against said enemy so yes pitfalls and bribe generals do effect their losses during ambush.

3. No honor is gained from ambushes, plunders, learns, massacres, or razes. Only conquest and Trad march gain honor. Which I think is another stupid part of the honor system.

4. If you are being chained don't worry about your honor title/rating worry about keeping lands coming in and absorbing hits for your kingdom. if you can keep absorbing 5-6 attacks from the other kingdom that's 5-6 attacks not being used on others in your kingdom.

5. Ambushes are directed at the enemy of your choosing, they must have done a trad march or conquest on you for them to be available for ambushing, when you pick an enemy for ambushing you work from the latest attack to the earliest attack so usually from their smallest attack to their largest attack. when chained try to pick where you'll gain the most acres back either with trad marches or ambushes normally you'll find ambushing the first few hits is the most rewarding as you'll get the most land in the quickest time.

Thinking of taking it down from 15% to 10% to put the 5% elsewhere.
    Yes, decent success rate unless for humans -- which have a lot of fail even if you ran 20%.

2. Does Pitfalls and Bribe Generals work to increase enemy losses when Ambushing them?
    Not sure.

No.

A) Ambush as many of those attacks as you can?
    or
    B) Do a Traditional March to get yourself from Knight back to Lord honor
    title and then Ambush whatever you can?
    Get the most lands.

5. If the enemy's army has already made it home before you can Ambush them,
    Ambush will automatically target the next province that had attacked you for
    land? Yes or no?
    No.

Thread Information