• I don't like or hate them, neutral

14 18.67%
  • They are okay

2 2.67%
  • I like Absalom fair enough

2 2.67%
  • I like Absalom

5 6.67%
  • I love Absalom, they rock! (this is ofc impossible)

10 13.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much do you hate/dislike Absalom

TheRock, what are the odds of 25 actives provinces landing in each those 5 kingdoms?

Some have been trying to build a realm for over 2 years WITHOUT trading and they still don't have 25 actives players.

I was part of Wrath of Absalom of few years ago. How did i get in? Yes, trading. Im not saying Absalom are the only ones to blame.

But right now, the game is a joke. I personnaly deleted my account after being hit every 48h by Absalom players suiciding me. The only reason for the hit was that i was in a ghetto. They were leaving 125-150k defence on 8k acres while i had +400k defence on
    5k acres.

In a normal and competitive game, someone would get a** rammed for suiciding like that. Not in Utopia.

I doubt im the only one in this situation. Hits are part of the game but when all "top" kingdoms NAPs and need 48h agreement before making any hits on eachothers then you know you have a problem.

OMAC should reshuffle all kingdoms. Now that trading is legal, let all those "top" kingdoms rebuild but legaly and not by breaking rules.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kwwww View Post
    thats if any non-skd can keep up with their growth rate. there is a good reason no1 tags oop

kwwww, even though kds "hide" early age, their locs are always out fairly early among the "top" players. Only a minimum of kds manage to stay hidden, and ABS kds are rarely among those few. There's always some guy who tells his friend who tells his friend who tells his friend, always.

Keeping up with their growth rate ain't the problem, the problem is finding ENOUGH ppl who can keep up with their growth rate. They simply outnumber the rest by using farms, multies and some legit kds. We saw that very well a few ages ago when HappyBDsingapore(an absalom player) explored max and was #1 prov and then farmed out to an abs kd, and then when he was small and had a nice wpa/tpa, he kept greed/riots/etc on ALL banks that were non-abs.
    ABS vs Rangers

Post Fiend
    /me yawns

stoffi is up to this again....
    anyone want to place bets on how many multis he makes himself this age??
    i say 20.

And to Wishes, if omac shuffles utopia, i will quit. i have spent the last 3 ages trying to build up my current KD, I started with 6 core players, and they are still with me. I am now up to 18 core players, and I would cry, literally, if that happened. i have had 2 good players get deleted over that time, and many who left. i have gotten 9 of my now core players fully legitimately, and the rest i got from trade ins from players giving me their account on their own will.

I have worked very hard for it.

PS ohh and yes, i have ran into stoffi's multis twice in that time too. to me he is more annoying then ABS.

Join us at #bladesofhonor
    SECRETS R.I.P.
    LL Realms; my one, my only, my precious...

The world is full of unhappy people; solution to this problem-> smile
    We can use all the arguments, alibis, and defenses in the world; we can explain ourselves hoarse; but we cannot affect something so deeply imbedded in human consciousness.

<@Bones> i spent $3000 on my computer to play this game i been back for 2 ages now and im getting acused of cheating
    lmfao

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
    All top 50 provinces are Absalom? I guess that's fair, Abs has the top 5 kingdoms.

1. Seasons of Absalom
    2. Sanctuary of Absalom
    3. Rage of Absalom
    4. Mercy of Absalom
    5. Deliverance of Absalom
    get your facts right first deliverance is not abs. seasons is definitely not abs. *Sign* some people have no idea which SKDs belong to what alliance.

And to some people ABS seems to rule the server but it is not true. Seasons beat Sanctuary earlier and deliverance had a war with mercy. and as far as i know there are always KDs such as sleepy and box that can fight abs.

Stop hating them cuz they have good organizational skills and dedication. Not many people commit as much as they do.
    Last edited by kwwww; 19-01-2009 at 04:41.

Forum Addict
    My bad, I didn't realize Seasons wasn't Abs. I didn't know we warred Deliverance, did we win?

Post Fiend
    My hats off to Deliverance this age.It's about time one of the top guys fight thier way there instead of paradising to the top.Our King in Genesis is Absalom Sanctuary,he has had IRC turned on for 4 years straight and that's why they're a top KD.I don't care for them mysleves thier just a bunch of Paradising Bottom Feeders.I would fall asleep at the wheel with all that growing,YAWWWWNNN!

Regular
    the purpose of this thread is pretty pointless. abs out grows 90% of the KDs in wol so most of you guys arent even affected in anyways. they do land grab into provinces that happen to grow fast in the beginning, like top 200 in land. if abs ever decides to go for honor then it might be a different story.

and speaking of illegal trading how many of us havent done it. I wont lie, none of my last 4 accounts were created myself. But it is hard to play in KDs were only 4-5 people actually commit to the game instead of 20-25. Some players want to be competitive while other dont mind just being stuck in ghettos. there is nothing wrong with it. as far as i know b4 trading were legalized abs only give accounts to players in countries where accounts were created, which is way more fair than some KDs which xlog with munk.

lol Wishes, you seem to be quite unfamiliar with Utopian history. Many kingdoms as you have described have come and gone, and few if any have been able to compete with Absalom. There's a lot more to Absalom's success than having twenty-five players and knowing how to NAP.
    Potius Mori Quam Foedare

Forum Addict
    Striker, want a NAP for this thread so we can tag-team Wishes?

I personally don't mind abs.. That is how things work. If there wasn't abs, there would be cov or someone 3rd. But it WOULD be someone. I've been looking on nw charts from first ages, and even there I could notice dominance of tagged kds over independent. Smart ally to beat strong or die trying to fight them alone. It sure is boring to watch 5 abs in top 7 but you would see someone else instead of abs anyway. It also gives some challenge to ppl that want to overtake them.

kww, TheRock was sarcastic...

You got point there when you said 90% of kds aren't affected by abs anyway. Funny thing is that ppl from mid range kds cry cos abs wins every time and cos they "bottomfeed" to be bigger than rest. Would you like more to abs stay in your range and pawn you big time? And argument "5 ages ago one abs kd hit me for 40 acres" is just hilarious.

And no, I don't like abs much. But I don't hate them either. They done nothing to me so I don't have reasons to hate them. I voted "dislike slightly" cos I think it is boring to watch abs rotate on top charts from age to age..

<3 stoffi thou
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker073 View Post
    lol Wishes, you seem to be quite unfamiliar with Utopian history. Many kingdoms as you have described have come and gone, and few if any have been able to compete with Absalom. There's a lot more to Absalom's success than having twenty-five players and knowing how to NAP.

Yes, there's dice-bots, prov scripts, etc etc. But ofc, there's lots of skills in abs, no doubt about that.
    but a dice-script helps, and so does NAPs. You can't just get 25 random players and think you have a good kd, it needs good leadership. Leadership is the key, and also NAPs for abs and seasons, and then dice-bots for abs.

:)

And no, I'm not gonna play. It's been 129 day(s). since I logged any provs.
    ABS vs Rangers

And counting :D
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Forum Fanatic
    Strange i didnt know all top 50 were in ABS or Napped with them.
    My kingdom is normally top 30 -50 for net and land and we have never been in ABS or Napped with them .They do their hits and we retal. Normally they move on as its easier to find kds who wont return the attacks.At time they have waved and if we didnt want war they were asked to move on in which they have. Normally alot quicker than other kingdoms actually.

Regular
    you can bottom feed KDs not provinces. lots of mid range KDs have one or two big explorers who are way bigger than rest of their KD. They are the ones who get attacked by top 10 KDs of nw chart. These people stay in fortified and keep around 110 dpa, but they still get attacked. even if they retal they get hit even more cuz now they have lower defense sine army is out. Thunder i might have attacked a 800k nw in your kd or another TA kd recently, 400 acres suicide, but no one retaled:)

Big fish eats small fish. If big fish got nothing to eat, it dies. Small fish becomes big fish. And so on and so on.

Ppl have to live with the fact there is someone way better than them. If they don't understand that then they should go and play some single player game where no one is better than themselves.

Big kds hitting big provs in small kds is not problem of big kds. It is problem of big provs. If they want to be big, they better go and teach rest of kd how to be big and strong instead of whining.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Thread Information