Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Luns' Mass VM in war NOT cause for deletion

I support omac's decision THIS time but should it happen again i will not aggree

becuase omac now has a chance to close the loop hole add it to the rules and force the game to not allow vac mode if 5 provs are allready there meaning the game will stop it from happening in the first place they just need to code/program the game to stop it from happening again

so if it happens again and omac did not code/programe the game to stop it from happening then its just as omac saying we will allow it again so we can mass dlete someone again

but if someone recives a warning not to do something take it like an adult and dont do it again you are not kids trying to find out if it will happen or not you are adults?
    The fool who asks is a fool for only 5 mins
    The fool who never asks is a fool for life

Enthusiast
    The code needs to be set to where once 5 provinces have ACTIVATED it no one else can. not to if 5 provinces are in it .thats how it is now already

People forget that vacation mode is not a game option to hide.its for someone having to spend time away ,not to mass go into to hide to save a rank spot. that in itself is exploiting the concept of the game.

Okay, so you want kingdoms deleted for using fake war as well onlymad? War was never intended for kingdoms to hide away and pump in. But sure, have fun in the lynch mob. I already said that I have no issues with kingdoms being deleted for farming, but that didn't happen here. Not saying whether they farmed or not (they may well have been), but that's not why they were deleted.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Forum Addict
    Deleting kingdoms for FW sounds good to me, tbh, if there was a reasonable way to determine it in every situation.

Funnily enough farming isn't against the rules as far as I am aware; but mass vacation mode has been spelled out often enough. Not to mention they had a personal warning. It's no good saying that Luns is some kind of nublet kd that innocently and cluelessly attempts to manipulate the rules without realising it. Hitting the vac mode button at the same time so the restriction doesn't hit is clearly rule manipulation. That's not allowed.

If you don't agree with the rule, then campaign to change it like you did with trading. But don't say it isn't against the rules.

Also, OMAC has spoken. Just suck it up like those of us who disagreed had to suck it up when trading became legalised. You can't just have everything you want in life.
    Last edited by Sweetiepie; 23-01-2009 at 21:06.

Having the whole kingdom go in VM outside war is no more against the rules than asking people nicely to use Pimp/IRC or leave the kingdom. OMAC also deleted people for that at first. Then again, I believe you sympathized with that? The main point here is that they were specifically told that going in mass VM during war was not allowed. They then remedied the situation to the best of their knowledge and were deleted without warning.

Enthusiast
    Catty it is against the rules and always has been., stop trying to defend actions you know are wrong. Dont act like they didnt know it was wrong what they were trying.
    And yes Fake wars should be hurt also. i know you dont want to hear that either because you fake war alot yourself
    the entire war system should be redone to help stop it ,but because it hasnt yet doesnt mean its ok to go around it like you did trading and using proxies.

And yes they were farming and CEs and info have proved it plus the monarch himself stated he didnt know they could get deleted for farming kingdoms,they farm kingdoms every age ,thats why they stay small in the first place.

Ill give you all the credit in the world cause your kingdom doesnt do that and thats why your against farming and dont care if they got deleted for that,but if they happen to bypass other rules you use then its alright.
    Catty your getting more hypocritical every age

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    .......The main point here is that they were specifically told that going in mass VM during war was not allowed. They then remedied the situation to the best of their knowledge and were deleted without warning.
    Come off it. Tell you what, sometimes people just have to use their common sense. An employer doesn't tell you in the employee handbook that you can't shi* on the desk, that doesn't mean it's allowed.

The fact of the matter is that the world is full of smartiepants who think because something is not spelled out syllable by syllable, that they'll get away with what they want to do. They tried to exploit a known quirk, you think that's ok from your post, but it is even specifically warned for in the general rules. They'd even had a warning for vac mode abuse previously. Lun just fell foul of their own smartiepantness. They gambled and lost.

And let's face it, does it matter that they are deleted? No. Doubtless they own a shell or enough of a kd to recreate through the next two ages. So they've just had a punishment, is all.
    Last edited by Sweetiepie; 23-01-2009 at 22:54.

What an irrelevant example. Sweetiepie, are u drunk or sth? Or maybe you're still struggling to pass from literature class.

An employer doesn't tell you in the employee handbook that you can't shi* on the desk,...
    Yes, but OMAC DID TELL us in his warning that we can't go VM DURING THE WAR.

The fact of the matter is that the world is full of smartiepants who think because something is not spelled out syllable by syllable,...
    But our "something" was written in that warning, crystal clear.

See the difference? Any light bulbs in your head?

Forum Addict
    No, you just hoped to get away with it. And you didn't. Quit whining, it's getting old.

Veteran
    i lol @ this thread, and most every1 in it.

must admit i pity the monarch of luns tho, despite such a stupid decision he made, he knows that better than ne1 else and has a bitter pill to swallow now, its too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by onlymad View Post
    Catty it is against the rules and always has been., stop trying to defend actions you know are wrong. Dont act like they didnt know it was wrong what they were trying.
    But there is nothing wrong with going into vacation mode to protect yourself. It's wrong to lock the enemy in war that way, forcing them to withdraw. That's exactly what the rule was about in the first place.
    And yes Fake wars should be hurt also. i know you dont want to hear that either because you fake war alot yourself
    Since I regularly suggest that fake wars be curbed or prevented, that makes you look rather silly (as always).
    the entire war system should be redone to help stop it ,but because it hasnt yet doesnt mean its ok to go around it like you did trading and using proxies.
    Nice apples and oranges argument there. You're linking the war system to trading and proxies? We never x-logged, if that's what you're hinting at. Our reasons for trading and using proxies have absolutely nothing to do with the war system.
    And yes they were farming and CEs and info have proved it plus the monarch himself stated he didnt know they could get deleted for farming kingdoms,they farm kingdoms every age ,thats why they stay small in the first place.
    They may well be. You may notice I stated above that I'm no fan of Luns and their tactics, whether legal or not. But that's not why they were deleted. Please stop lying about that.
    Catty your getting more hypocritical every age
    You're getting even less attractive for each post you make.

Obviously, OMAC didn't agree with you, or the kingom in question, and they got deleted.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

OMAC got plenty stuff wrong before and changed their minds later. I've filed a support ticket about this, let's see if they'll come to their senses.

Postaholic
    /me agrees with omac, how stupid do you have to be to get a warning and then break the rules again...luns needs to grow some balls

oh and catwalk owns you onlymad :P

The Luns never farm all the way to the top kingdom honor. Just because people play better and reach top doesn't mean they cheat and such. They warred previous kingdom with honor.

If you are a ghetto kingdom, nobody gives a poo about your kingdom but if you reach top, lots of unexpected things will happen. Accusation, x-logging, running multiple accounts etc.

You all only know "Oh they cheated", "mass vm", "they run multis", "farm ghetto kingdom to get to top kingdom". A very typical utopia player indeed.

Thread Information