Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How to play Bank?

btw did lehman brothers use vines math?
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Enthusiast
    I thot about it, and im going to say its possible. Btw my calculations are based on utopiawiki, so someone tell me if the numbers are obselete.

Suppose everyone in ur KD is equal in size but u r double that. Everyone is 150NW/a (u r prob bit more, but nvm u r only 4+% of ur KD NW)

U war a KD equal in size.

The cost of dragon would be 1.75*KDNW, and the KDNW is 13 times your own (rmb each of your 24 pal is half your NW). So you need to accumulate 13*150(ur NW/a)*1.75(dragon cost modifier) gc/acre = 3412.5 gc/acre

If u wanna do that in 24 hours, U need 142gc/acre income. Impossible. So the best you can expect is to raise that in 48 hours. 71gc/acre. Ie if u can rush sci without school, possible.

But now, say u wanna kill the dragon yourself. The number of specs you need is 150*13*(1/44)(dragon hp modifier)*(1/5)(strength per spec)=8.9 specs/acre
    Can u afford that? Even if you think 6 specs/acre is reasonable defense against the enemy provinces half your size, you need to keep 15 army/acre. +8t/wpa, thats 23units/acre.

I guess in 48 hours u can fund a dragon yourself, but you prob can only kill the first dragon, not the second yourself. And this doesnt even consider that biggest problem, that u r the sole huge t/m in your KD, and vulnerable to other bigger KDs with provinces of your size. The math works, partly. But stretched. Good luck.

Banned
    That age humans had 30%-35% income and 30%-35% science eff. And sages had half cost sciences.

I had ~10% homes. The reason I ran so few homes was because homes take away jobs, however, I need 10% homes so I could keep a 40% military. With my 40% housing science I was able to keep a 100% jobs filled.

I was maxing out on banks, and arms, and I had a 0 draft. Only had 1% towers didn't need more then that. I had around 4%-40% towers. I had around 3% farms.

My military was small 38%-40% This allowed me to have every job filled and also kept my military wages and low paired with the arms it make military upkeep very cheap.

My money science was almost a 100%. My housing science was around 40% my tool science was the same. My war science was around 60%. My weakest science was was just over 500bpa and my strongest was around 700bpa.
    My income science comboed with my banks made my mod income +200% plus I was a baron due to an oop war we had.

After that age they changed it so sage didn't have 100% protection and also so one could not get ~+100% income from science. They also made orc pay for some of their draft. And do not confuse not drafting for not having an army I had a strong army I just didn't draft any of my troops they were aided to me by the orcs whom had free draft.

By the way my province was not the biggest in my kingdom. One problem I did run into was that my sciences were so high that they were starting to add more and more networth to my province as I grew in size. I was well over 200net per acer. On the bright side if I were to have doubled in size I would have been making around 3 times the amount I was making. 3 times 2mill you do the math.

Regular
    Welcome back vines.

Enthusiast
    Ok I'll use the higher values you provided to come up with the size of your province in order to make 2 million gc gross income per hour (meaning before wages/draft/etc).

+200% mod income

2,000,000/(1+2.00) = 666,666 gc raw total

(0.40 * 25) + 22 (peasants/acre) * 2.5 = 65 gc raw total/acre

666,666 / 65 = 10,256 acres

Congrats on having a very decent size province for being in a kingdom with all 2000 acre provinces.

Edit: and oh by the way 65 gc raw * (1+2.00) is nearly 200 per acre raw.
    Last edited by uzziah; 23-01-2009 at 19:25.

"I was maxing out on banks, and arms, and I had a 0 draft. Only had 1% towers didn't need more then that. I had around 4%-40% towers. I had around 3% farms."

Aren't you just being cute, and full of lies, today?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

"After that age they changed it so sage didn't have 100% protection and also so one could not get ~+100% income from science."

Vines, there are no caps to science, only a bellcurve.
    Technically, you can get OVER 9000%!!! increase in income through sciences - it's just not realistic.
    Oh, and weren't you the one who claimed that science added 0.92 networth a book to your province, and hated science with all your heart?
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.

Banned
    Thanks it's good to be back, but I never left brother.

I just have been trying to figure out a new strategy for the next age. Pounding out all the figures has taken a long time. Come next age I will have a strategy that will even push me to my limits. All my strategies require a full understanding of the basics and non-basics. However with this new strategy it more then anything I have tried. I'm planing something BIG. I'm the guy who had an avian with ~200%MODME, an orc with ~+100% land gains, a human with unbelievable income, and a gnome with a population unheard of. So you know when I say it's BIG, it's big. To tell you the truth I don't know if even I will be able to pull this one off.
    That's why I can't wait to try it out.

"I'm the guy who had an avian with ~200%MODME, an orc with ~+100% land gains, a human with unbelievable income, and a gnome with a population unheard of."

That gnome in particular was most amazing, optimal, and dangerous.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    That gnome in particular was most amazing, optimal, and dangerous.
    You know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. fitting I guess :)

avian with ~200%MODME
    I bet any orc can show you 200%+ OME soldiers without much effort 3/0 soldiers are not that hard to reach. I remember pimp one age showing my Human/Warhero as 263% OME and 73% DME. Didn't mean anything since true offense and defense is all that matters.

In vines' world, truth is the same as fiction.

Regular
    You can actually do better than a back...be 3x times BIGGER than any in your kingdom, then U can fund the dragon, kill it while still remaining unbreakable and then 4x massacre the enemy every 12 or less hours...I did that this age with elf sorcerer...(check in elf land ranks..UARFCN...) 6k acres..250-300k gc income/hour...killed their dragon 2hours after it arrived..they didn't killed mine not even after 4 days or sending..already funded half the second..sending crazy amount of aid to the other provinces and 8x massacres per day on their biggest province then moving to another one while the first one gets NSed badly then chained.

yeah,I'm BIG, 1/5 of the kingdom NW but I CAN turn a war around and did that 2 times until now, so if U wanna be a bank better be an HUGE attacker,preferably with only elite offense so U can se-mi suicide in war..anyway nobody can't break U + U get protection from TM's due to size

Banned
    Dude there is no cap but their comes a point where one can't go any further. Believe me one can no longer get near 100% income science, it just can't be done.
    Also I think there was a glitch in the system because I was making well over 65gc per job closer to 10 times that amount per job. Same thing when I had the Avain with 200%modME once I reached around 170%MODME it jumped to 200%. You will noticed if you do the thing that I have done that you will come across things like this.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by vines View Post
    Dude there is no cap but their comes a point where one can't go any further. Believe me one can no longer get near 100% income science, it just can't be done.
    Also I think there was a glitch in the system because I was making well over 65gc per job closer to 10 times that amount per job. Same thing when I had the Avain with 200%modME once I reached around 170%MODME it jumped to 200%. You will noticed if you do the thing that I have done that you will come across things like this.
    When genesis restarts im going to run a human/merch and pump extreme science into income ALL age at 5k acres. With only a few days left im going to convert to all schools(so i wont be learned while dropping) and drop my defense so im landgrabbed to under 1k acres.
    I bet i can disprove you and get 100% income sci.

2,270,000 bpa with 50% libraries at 1000 acres will give you 100.1%. If you pumped that all at 5k acres, it's 454 bpa.

Definately possible, save yourself a boring age on gen.

Thread Information