Thread: Strengthen Mills and Guardstations

Strengthen Mills and Guardstations

Update Buildings: I like multiple use buildings: Lets improve on some of the less commonly used ones, and improve diversity.

New Mills:
    Decrease Building Costs by % * 4 (Max of 99%)
    Improves Food and rune production by %*2 (New)

20% New Mills @100%BE= -80% Building Costs, and +32% Food and rune production

New Guard Stations
    Decrease Resource Losses when Attacked by % * 2
    Increase enemy troop losses by % * 1.5 (New) (perhaps %*1 weaker)

IE:20% New Guard Stations @100BE= -32% losses when attacked, and +24% enemy troop losses.

Enthusiast
    Whenever I look at building changes I think: would that make me want to run those buildings?

No. I don't think I would. The mills idea I don't think would do anything to make them more popular. If you're warring, you don't want to run mills really do you? The Guardstations idea isn't all that bad, but I think I would still rather stick to other buildings...

Post Fiend
    Actually the Guard Stations might be worth it if the enemy troop losses was high enough. If you combine Elf/War Hero and Guard Stations, it could be deadly. Pitfalls, Bribe Generals... pretty nice.
    The World is out there. We are stuck inside Here.

Enthusiast
    Maybe tweaking to 1.75% for each bonus -- they would have to significantly increase losses to make them worthwhile.

Post Fiend
    I mean I think Guard Stations do need to be improved, no one runs them as it is. However, Mills do serve a small, but early importance in the game.

I like the 1.75% bonus. It's a good start. Run it for an age in Genesis and see how it works. I might try to run Guard Stations then.
    The World is out there. We are stuck inside Here.

Thread Information