Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Race changes: Embarassing

Post Fiend

Final Race changes: Embarassing

The preliminary changes were actually decently thought out and not horrible.

Then, OMAC pulled a 180 on most of the good changes. Very poor decision, shows lack of backbone in sticking to your ideas. What's worse, the brand new changes, never before even mentioned, are rather poor overall.

Too late to change anything now, but... wow. Really embarassing moves all around for OMAC. Not even just bad... embarassing. Sorry guys, not one of your better days today.

Enthusiast
    They rightly backtracked where they needed to. But there was no other real substance... I hope next age they can give us some more changes to jig the races around a bit.

Orc get leet credits...... 1 or 1... Thats a good trade but is it worth it. Orc, War Hero maybe...?

Regular
    I completely called it. The changes are very nice. Concentrating on the race changes is pretty sad, the game mechanic changes are huge. Orc is very competitive now, and in fact I am hands down going orc.

Explain to me what changes you don't like, and why. Dark elf nerfed too much? Hardly, they merely now have to utilize that free % of buildings they get.

Great job OMAC, love it. I am really hope next age we can start incorporating at least one new race, perhaps started in gen for testing. I'm looking forward to this age.

orc will be better as credit can build elites now to help rebuild offense to make up for bad economy, But If I see a kingdom of orcs they going to be terrible dragon killers

As for changes I think they are fine. Orc didn't need 6 off spec and maybe dark elf shouldn't of kept it but gone to another race instead. at least they raised dark elf elite to make economy harder to go all elites

Director of Age Changes
    Orc got a nice bonus.
    DE will pay 2.5 times the military wages of an elf. Not sure why they decreased the leet NW...
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Post Fiend
    the orc credits on elites is the only interesting change imo.

orc WH will be very interesting if played right.

Post Fiend
    The last minute backtracking shows a complete lack of faith in their own ideas for game direction. That's really what I'm talking about here. I don't think it's as big an issue that the new changes are empty, it's simply that the old ones were abandoned within a day of being announced.

Sure, many thought they were bad changes, but unfortunately those are really the only people you ever hear from. Many surely thought the changes were a step in a positive direction. What's most important, OMAC thought they were good enough to be announced. Pity they gave up on themselves so easily, which is a discouraging sign for the future of Utopia.

Regular
    If you like them, tell them that and encourage others too. Personally I'm thankful they changed them because the changes seemed completely random and in my opinion they wouldn't have helped any of the problems.

They made some safe changes race wise...but as stated previously, the game mechanics changes are huge and should make for better warring. Which is definitely a move in the right direction.

although the race changes are very minor, the overall game changes are mostly overdue and good for the game.

DE was really quite strong this age, a small nerf wont hurt them badly.

Orc has lost a significant advantage with the new draft levels, so the econ boost was necessary.

No point slamming OMAC over some pretty reasonable (if minor) changes.

Regular
    I am positive surprised, all changes are fine,
    The only critism is the low number of changes, but lets consider that omac is still new and dont have the exp of mehul, so they avoided to risc too much.
    Next age this should change, but so far good work Roisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobolob View Post
    Orc get leet credits...... 1 or 1... Thats a good trade but is it worth it. Orc, War Hero maybe...?
    Yeah Orc is lookin pretty good!

IMO these race changes aren't terrible, and besides, isn't there usually some changing around from the prelim ideas to the final? I seem to remember the same or similar happening just about every age past. I can think of other things to complain about with OMAC than this, personally ;) I like the war changes a lot.

Post Fiend
    Thankfully, yes, the other changes are very nicely done, especially the war changes. Not trying to slam OMAC, been very pleased with most of what they've done so far, but scrapping things last minute is not a good trend to begin.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by forum name View Post
    The last minute backtracking shows a complete lack of faith in their own ideas for game direction. That's really what I'm talking about here. I don't think it's as big an issue that the new changes are empty, it's simply that the old ones were abandoned within a day of being announced.

Sure, many thought they were bad changes, but unfortunately those are really the only people you ever hear from. Many surely thought the changes were a step in a positive direction. What's most important, OMAC thought they were good enough to be announced. Pity they gave up on themselves so easily, which is a discouraging sign for the future of Utopia.
    Um, the loss of the +1 offspec was catwalks idea, not theirs. They backtracked because vast majority decided that the changes were not very good and didnt address the issues at hand properly. ie, DE got nerfed to a t/m race too much, while orc gained a big bonus that it didnt need and would have been a waste.

Gnomes unchanged instead of weakened, is good. Humans will get slightly better bang for their buck considering the whole server may be after them now.

I say good job on the final changes, OMAC. (and the preliminary changes on game mechanics)
    Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left.

Forum Fanatic
    Nice correction Roisin :)

Thread Information