Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade guide

Trade guide

Many seems to have trouble making trades work properly getting errors. My kingdom have done trades this round with no errors at all, its been flawless and I?ve helped others making it successful without having to wait for OMAC to look into it.
    So here is what I?ve told people to do. Basicly what makes the difference is usually the last part in #4 in the trade out section
    Note: I am NOT a moderator and this guide is written\made solely on own experience with the trade system, including my own kingdom and helping others and this is NOT a guarantee that your trade will work, but its worth a shot ? I have yet to receive any message or notifications of errors by people using this.
    Monarch:
    1) login to master account
    2) enter monarch section
    3) generate trade code
    4) double click the code and mark all, then copy it
    5) provide the ?trade out? section to the person that is going to trade out
    6) give the ?trade in? section to the person that is going to trade in
    Trade out:
    1) Please login to your master account(don't login to the game itself)
    2) provide your monarch with your game account username (is found right under ?owner? on the game account line
    3) click on the "edit" button on the line for your wol account
    4) Enter this trade code in the "trade code" section:
    [insert trade code here]
    Then click the "update trade code" button
    The code should then disappear. But to be sure, please re-enter it and don't click anything, just logout
    Note: the last part is important, each time my kingdom did that no errors occurred, and we?ve used up our trade codes.
    Trade in:
    1) login to or create a master account and create a new WoL account IF you already don?t have one
    2) click the edit button on the WoL game account line
    3) in the section right above of ?Province Sitting?, fill in the username provided by your soon to be monarch, and the trade code he\she also provided
    4) check the box to give your old province to your soon to be old monarch if you feel to do so
    5) click the trade-in button
    Whoiila u should be in
    If this doesn?t work, I guess you should fill in their support form at:
    http://utopia.swirve.com/support_form/feedback.php
    Happy trading J

Too much to read for my lazy eyes.

You sometimes get an error message when moving but get in anyway. Make sure to check after trying before pulling hair out.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Montu, thanks for this information. I have 2 trades to try, hopefully they will work out ok

Really shouldn't take a rocket scientist to accomplish a simple trade...

followed your instructions, and when the prov leaving put in the code and clicked update code, it told him it was, but it left it in the space. and now it doesn't work for the new guy.

so i deleted the code. tried again, same thing... code doesn't match.

so i deleted the code and had the guy leaving delete, and i issued a move code. but the move failed, most likely because the prov is still showing as dead on my kd page (although i thought i had seen somewhere in the forums that CW said you could in fact move into a dead prov, but i could have remembered wrong)

*sighs* this is far too much work

and i think i just found out what i did wrong. we used the master account name rather than the province name

now i guess i just have to wait for the prov to fall off the kd page and hope we don't get any randoms in

Regular
    Can anyone tell me if trading works while in protection?

So far both attempts of mine failed,
    it says

Province for that username could not be found!

yes, it works. i've done 1 move and 1 trade, both actually in freeze time and they worked fine.

double check you are using the correct username.

Regular
    thx Luth,
    They said they followed my instructions,
    but I can only trust those facts as the 3rd wheel in the trade to be correct.

I don't wanna waste a move when it does work!

thx again!

We just traded a new person and we didn't had any problems
    People may be confused about trading and moving
    This are 2 diffrent things
    For moving, the monarch has to generate a move code
    The province that want to join has to put that code and the kindom location in the Moving section

If you want to trade into an existing account in that kindom the things get a bit complicated
    The monarch has to generate a Trade code. This trade code has to be used by both players that are swaping accounts. During the transfer the monarch is NOT alloud to generate other trade codes(if it does the old code will not work)
    To make things clear from the start let's suppose you are the province A in a random kindom and you want to trade in kindom x:x with province B(the province that offered his account for trading)
    The monarch of the kindom x:x is the one that will generate the unique trade code
    Now, the tricky part. In the Trading section are 2 sub-sections,categories
    The first sub-section has only one box that need to be filled with the trade code
    The province B will fill this box with the trade code and press Update Trade Code
    The province B will send his username(without the password) to province A, or to the monarch that can send it to province A
    That's all that prov B has to do

Now province A with THE SAME trade code will have to fill the second sub-section of the Trading
    He will have to fill the username he got from prov B or monarch and the trade code
    He may opt to let his old province to the random kindom monarch for trading purposes only
    And the last thing prov A has to do: PUSH TRADE-IN BUTTON

REMEMBER: It's verry important that the monarch don't generate a new trade code during the transfer
    I hope this information will help
    At lest it's more accurate info than OMAC has provided

Regular
    if i will like to trade a guy that got account on Genesis ... is he gonna lose that account ??

No trades or moves in Gen.
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Post Fiend
    ummm..
    Here's a new one for you ..
    The Trade Code was too many characters to fit into the box?

Need more help here, and still better directions on Trade Codes.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    ummm..
    Here's a new one for you ..
    The Trade Code was too many characters to fit into the box?

Need more help here, and still better directions on Trade Codes.

Thanks!
    you have copied a space at the end of the code?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Yet another question I had not yet encountered...
    This time, the departing player came back into the game to tell me he had entered the Trade code, and the incoming player could take the province over any time now. (This departing player is just leaving the game, he is not moving into a new province.)

Errr....I had assumed that if the departing player had entered the Trade code correctly, he would not be able to re-renter his province any more at all.

So...is it possible that he HAS done this correctly, and can just keep coming into the province until the new guy takes it over?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kestrel; 16-06-2009 at 03:01.

Thread Information