Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Orc/WarHero***

Post Demon
    So, do horses count of ambush def? Cause your OME does *NOT* count, and without warrior, that's actually an important point to consider. Much as I normally hate low ME and BE, high draft + stables, for Orc it actually makes MORE sense than for anyone else.

BTW, I see NO reason to run 3 raw tpa unless you are aiming for an A/T. And then you need more like 4, and TDs instead of WTs. IF you are using WTs, drop your tpa to around 1. You really don't need more if you jsut find the room for about 20% WT. (And the extra 2 pes/acre should up your BE enough to find that last 5% for the WTs from farms/guilds/towers/banks).

Do Mercs effect ambush def? Can dungeons help, or are they too going to make the ambushes easier like OME does?

Think Different

assuming you have enough horses to horse all your off, stables become more effective than TGs after around 12% tgs.
    You cannot calculate it this way since the amount of land needed to mount all your horses depends on your offense, while the amount of land you can spare for offensive modifiers do not.

Stables are useless for Orc, unless your BE is atrociously low. If that is the case, then running Homes is still better than Stables since it provides more offense points - 64 offense before Housing science vs. 60 - and also bumps your BE slightly up. You should only consider running Stables at the very start of the age, when your offense is low and mostly spec based, since at that point of the age modifiers are pretty irrelevant while raw values matter a lot.

What Toadi said. But there are times in mid/late age when you can use stables too.
    ILM.

With +15 orc war heroes in a kd, will guard stations help if used by all? And what ratio/prov?

Orc war heroes, high offs

10% homes
    8% farms
    10% banks
    17% tg
    10% raxes
    15% guard stations
    15% hospitals
    10% guilds
    5% towers

There's also an Elf for 24/7 pitfalls.

We're a just above ghetto kd, usually beating other ghettos and losing drastically to Top50 kds.

Post Fiend
    take 5% out of GS and add to rax. i ran 10% rax as a warrior last age

Banks are not very needed in war, you can lower these. I would never go to war without Watchtowers as a non thief province. High offense is pretty useless if thieves can tear it appart in no time. 5% Towers is clearly too high, Orcs have no spell to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    Banks are not very needed in war, you can lower these. I would never go to war without Watchtowers as a non thief province. High offense is pretty useless if thieves can tear it appart in no time. 5% Towers is clearly too high, Orcs have no spell to cast.

I think we can take some % from there and there and throw some wt. 10% are enough?
    We always massacre in un/hostile and the first 12/24 hours from the war.

15% Watchtowers is better.

I still dont understand why people would want to use Massacre in war, especially with Orcs and the removal of NW based return times.

Because Massacre stops your attackers crumbling under constant MS/FB among others.

It also removes TPA TDs and WTs, opening up the enemy for Thievery, even if only for 24 hours.

You have a point Toadi. We never played orc before and the the removal of NW based return times is fresh so i had in mind the old strat.

We'll massacre before war and chain right from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    Stables are useless for Orc, unless your BE is atrociously low.
    keep telling yourself that. it mostly depends on what % of buildings you want to invest total. stables also reduces troop losses, so you get a double bonus from them.

So, do horses count of ambush def?
    no, they don't. they count as off when ambushing however =)
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Id rather have 20% Hosps 20% TG than 15% Hosps 15% TG 10% Stables as an orc.

Stables are all well and good, but look at what you have to sacrifice for them and look how quickly they become useless if you a) lose land b) lose horses c) can steal horses anyways

I was just wondering.. if u don't have any banks... how are u gonna pay for the daily expences?

Because all working peasants generate 2.25 GC each, plus income sci bonuses, plus honour bonuses.

this one don't have any homes so I guess this buildstrat would be more benificial in the beginning when u are tiny, right?

10% WT
    20% TG
    20% Hospitals
    20% Rax
    10% Banks
    10% Guilds
    5% Farms
    5% Towers

this is during war... any faulties in it? I know some of u mentioned banks isn't needed but I don't know why? if u can give me a good reason I might swap those 10% into homes instead..

Thread Information