Thread: Dwarf - Artisan VS Shepard

Dwarf - Artisan VS Shepard

Hello.

Just wanted some opinions

I'm going Dwarf but I'm not sure if to go with Artisan or Shepard.

Advice please!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Merchant
    Sage
    Mystic
    Warrior

^any of those

Dwarf Shepherd - Dwarf Artisan = 3%
    You don't need any farm with Dwarf Shepherd and it means 7% advantage for Shepherd
    You can increase ur capacity with 4% of this 7%. And you can use this spare %3 anywhere u want.
    If you compare immunities : Artisan building protection is not so important for a dwarf , you are also build your buildings free and with shepherd it is %30 faster. And also with shepherd you have immunity to plague,storms and droughts...

Shepherd >>>> Artisan

The artisan bonuses can be topped by sciences within a matter of days.

Shepherd speed increases and immunities are all very useful OOW and In War, although Warrior and Mystic beat both overall in terms of war contribution.

Regular

Smile Dwarf Shepard v Sage?

I know this is artisan v shepard...

but what about Shepard vs sage... having that ability to max those sciences?

Sage is better than Artisan, but doesnt bring anything to your KD.

Warrior/Mystic bring extra attacks or new ops. Shepherd keeps you active in the war longer. Sage lets you... avoid learns OOW and have better income towards end of age? Or you could go Warrior and make more learns.

Regular
    but wouldn't sage allow you to better grow and balance out with almost max sciences, which in turn affects more of your province? I've never tried sage or shepard and really want to see which one might be better... i'm planning on doing attacking and light M and T... and thinking that with sciences way up, can make up the -40 thievery effectiveness, and really use the 120+ magic effectiveness, gained from Sage...

Even as sage reaching max sciences is hard if you dont have the GC or activity to make learns consistantly.

A sage can be destroyed with massacres in war just like anyone else, a Shepherd gets his WTs back in quicker though and can be stormed.

The bonuses from sage are nice, but leave you very generalised.

Enthusiast
    Shepherd for Dwarf is better than sage more for the quicker building times and training times.

Sage is better when you can utilize that free science 0.5 bpa per hour really adds up quickly when you're running that and another 0.5-0.9 by buying books. But that is better suited for other races like Human, Elf, and DE who can really utilize the boost in science.

Post Fiend
    follow warrior through to conclusion and you will realize it provides you with more benefits than any other personality
    You remind me of Babe Ruth's gay brother, Gabe Ruth.

Regular
    Anything that's not Rogue, Sorceror and Artisan will do.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by xian_kgx View Post
    Anything that's not Rogue, Sorceror and Artisan will do.
    You mean mystic?
    And actually mystic goes very well with dwarf, the wizzie production with double guilds AND crazy BE is nice, not to mention great towers.

Thread Information