Thread: % Rax needed for min attack time in war

% Rax needed for min attack time in war

Maybe this is a dumb question but is there a minimum attack time and what % barracks is needed for an orc warrior to hit the minimum in war and OOW?

yes, there is a minimum.. 50% rax maxes the reduction from them...

so min time is : take a race with qf and warrior personality:

in war: 6.12h

out of war: 7.65h

but its not really worth dedicating so much land to rax

Orc wont reach 8hr attack times without sacrificing too much. DW/Elf/Gnome/HU can achieve it with either QF or good sciences for BE, while still being a good attacker.

Saying that, the closer to 8 the better and the harder it is for enemies to ambush you.

Post Fiend
    I think you would burn out your off. too fast as well,not only that,you would get uberfat fast if you could mad attack,and not be able to hold the gains.I ran 20% rax last age with warrior,just over 9 hours was my best time if I recall.

i was getting 7.xx in war 2 ages back with gnome, with 22% rax or something. i dunno, in war i tend to only build only tgs and rax =P
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Postaholic
    also u should consider ur incoming lands. if u r making single taps, and hit non-stop with 7h attack time, and assuming u do not use speed build, u'll always have about 50% land unbuilt (2/3 in progress and 1/3 incoming)

so have min attack time at start of war AND being able to maintain it for at least the first 30h of war, u r looking at approximately 80~90% rax for an orc/warrior

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra View Post
    Orc wont reach 8hr attack times without sacrificing too much. DW/Elf/Gnome/HU can achieve it with either QF or good sciences for BE, while still being a good attacker.
    With the new -20% war reduction instead of the -15% of last age Orc/warrior shouldn't have too much trouble reaching 8 hour times:

16*.80(war)*.90(same island)*.85(warrior) = 9.8 hours so you only need ~18.5% from rax to get 8 hours, which is what 15-18% rax.

---
    Original poster:

There is no set minimum to attack times it's just base attack time times each modifier. The rax has a max modifier of 1.5%*25 = 37.5% You will give up way too much to get that max modifier and you're missing out on the -10% modifier from QF so you will be slightly slower than say an Elf/warrior or gnome/warrior with the same amount of rax. Dwarf and Human can only reach your speed since they have higher BE's and thus need less rax to reach the same % modifier,where you would need 50% rax to reach 37.5% modifier at 100% BE they would need only 25% with their 130% BE.

The Theoretical minimum trad march time would be:

16*.80(war)*.90(same island)*.90(QF)*.85(warrior)*.725(max rax) = 6.38 hrs

I was considering this the other day as well.

If you dedicate 15% of your land to Rax and assume 100% BE (most likely closer to 85%) then you can get:

14.4hrs*(0.8 for WarBonus)*(0.85 for PersonalityBonus)*(0.775 for Rax)

This assumes that the war has lasted longer than 12hrs. If it is only the beginning of war, then you would multiply by 0.9 instead of 0.8 for the WarBonus.
    If you were to play Elf/Gnome Warrior instead of Orc, you could also get the 10% QF Bonus
    You are most likely looking at about 8hr return after the 12hr mark, but once the land starts coming in then that time will drop to closer to 9.5hrs.

david62 :I think you would burn out your off. too fast as well,not only that,you would get uberfat fast if you could mad attack,and not be able to hold the gains.I ran 20% rax last age with warrior,just over 9 hours was my best time if I recall.

if this is true, then whats the point in running elf/warrior?

With land in progress and attacker BE being around 80%, your going to need a lot more rax than 15%, especially as the speed bonuses kick in 12 hours into war after which time you will have had 2 lots of land come in possibly and maybe taken massacres/arson/tornado as a heavy attacker.

Thread Information