Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back Stab Strat - is it useful

Post Fiend

Back Stab Strat - is it useful

This is a typical backstab strat based starting strategy, no matter which race or personality you are:

- Set your draftrate on 55%. Set your science research on minimum. You should use your first points of sciences to the fields alchemy and tools, later housing too. DON’T TRAIN TROOPS! (important!)

- Slowbuild 20% - 25% mills. The more you want to explore, the more mills you should get. If you slow- or speedbuild after your mills are there is not very important, as the cost is pretty low, but those 6 hours won’t get you more money in than the double building cost costs you still. So: just do as you feel.

- When those are ready, build your startup-strat. This might include enough farms to have enough food with your aimed explored size; and a whole lotta banks. Some few guilds and towers won’t harm too, but its mainly banks this time.

- After building, explore.

- When explored land comes in, build on it as fast as you can. You’ll need arms before training your army, so build some. Be sure all arms you build are ready when you’re beginning to train your troops (24-19 hours before oop).

- About 24-19 hours before you come out of protection, you begin to train troops. From then on, you might want to add some stables if you plan to attack anytime soon, or you might want to get some guilds online to train some more wizzies. You could raise your science investment now.

Any comments? I would like to know if it is worth trying this strat during protection.

Regular
    what has this to do with backstab?
    unless you plan to explore to 1k acres i dont think its worth it, getting those acres in more banks will get you about the same cause you'll spend quite some cash on building and razing hose mills.
    So its worth it for a long explore maybe but not for something like a 600 acre oop and attacker after

Post Demon
    So, I thought this was going to be about DEs pretending to be T/Ms when they are actually a/Ms that semi-suicide as a kingdom strat. The backstab chain, cause you never saw it coming.

Actually, while DE had the +1 stealth, this might have been a stunningly effective war build if the whole kingdom did it. Sure, you lose 2-3 provs per war - but massed NM, then massed NS, and then everyone attacking like a nutcase ought to let you disable half an opposing kingdom in 48 hours. a/T/M setup, since your only ever hitting mass opped provs with like 10-20 dpa. Best bit is, you get lots of wars at first cause you look like a bunch of T/Ms. And everyone knows how hard T/Ms suck, right?

Think Different

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge1979 View Post
    what has this to do with backstab?
    Backstab was famous for his protection strategies made 5-6 years ago (or more?) and posted on Temple's Strategy section. The starts were detailed to hour per hour or at least to key login time's basis and were the best protection strats.

The above blurb, though includes some key things, it's not by far so detailed, also don't give exact build percentages or numbers for the build strat to follow hour by hour.

The fact that the guy says it's "backstab" and tries to mimic the old strat, means nothing. It's not even at 5% quality as Backtab's strats were. In fact has so many missing (important) things that those who are used with tha backstab style can say this sucks... badly.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Post Fiend
    We are planning to attack 1 day after OOP. If its not worth to do that strat, i guess i better stick to build my start-up strat first then i'll just wait for first 24 hour bonus for more money. As usual, 20-24 hour before OOP i will train my soldiers. When I'm OOP, I will build my War strat. ..just like that...:)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfDGrey View Post
    Backstab was famous for his protection strategies made 5-6 years ago (or more?) and posted on Temple's Strategy section. The starts were detailed to hour per hour or at least to key login time's basis and were the best protection strats.

The above blurb, though includes some key things, it's not by far so detailed, also don't give exact build percentages or numbers for the build strat to follow hour by hour.

The fact that the guy says it's "backstab" and tries to mimic the old strat, means nothing. It's not even at 5% quality as Backtab's strats were. In fact has so many missing (important) things that those who are used with tha backstab style can say this sucks... badly.

Aha i love history....back then does he calculate everything manually?

I don't think it is worth waiting for mills for so many hours. I build 30 banks 20 armories 20 mills at start. Then is easy to explore some, drafting doesn't hurt that much because you have armories, and little reduction on specs helps too- you train them in thousands at such small size. And banks are here to increase income ofc, and if you get them 22h in OOP its better than 38 or 44h... Then when the land comes in you top all of them up equally.

Backstab - he used a calc. I do it too for genesis. Metatronplus for wol.
    ILM.

Post Fiend
    Backstab was one of utopias greatest at strats.
    -Zack-

"There are no women on the internet, only men, FBI agents and Chris Hansen."

Baby who wants to love me sexy uh?
    Baby are you ready to lick me sexy uh uh?
    Take off your shoes and suck me sexy!
    Baby we’re naked and we’re humpin’ sexy!

here is one of them:

http://www.utopiatemple.com/strategies.php?id=6840

well if you compare the analysis and details... how he calulates the income and the effectiveness... balancing factors as they "worth it" and "need it"...

eh... what more to say except LOL @ Major Player
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

The speed-building Mills strat used to work well back then when speed-building effectiveness wasn't reduced in Protection & Mills were better over all. Also, there was a lot more to it, like calculating bonus income into the strat so you know when to log in, & many other things. It was fun times doing this w/ Dwarfs back then.

It's easier & works well enough to just build 10% Farms, 10% Homes, 25% Banks, 30% Arms, 20% Guilds, & 5% Towers thru protection, then adjusting accordingly OOP for war or whatever your KD decides.

Ezzerland
    This depends heavily on your goal and intentions.

Regular
    ah backstab.. kk that sunk way back into my brain.. long time ago..

bring back those undead, they rocked.
    kinda liked the sci system back then too

Post Fiend

woot

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDGrey View Post
    here is one of them:

http://www.utopiatemple.com/strategies.php?id=6840

well if you compare the analysis and details... how he calulates the income and the effectiveness... balancing factors as they "worth it" and "need it"...

eh... what more to say except LOL @ Major Player

ah...thx for the link

this is cool...2003 is ages ago lol...

isn't mills only good if you are going to explore alot of acres? like .. 1600 acres.. to 2k acres?..

why would any attacker choose mills anyway? O.o

you only want mills at the start. once you have your land, and its mostly built, destroy the mills, and never use them again.

i'm only exploring to 650 acres, so i'm not using mills. if i was going for 800+ acres, i would start using mills, just so i could get my prov set up by OOP

thats just me though

Thread Information