Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Copy Cats are recruiting

Post Fiend
    Let's try a syllogism:

All fake wars are for pathetic losers who don't honor the spirit of the game.
    Catwalk engages in fake wars.
    Catwalk is a loser who doesn't honor the spirit of the game.

But we already knew that....
    "You're a failtroll Newark." - Catwalk

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    Well, they're welcome to claim I'm a hypocrite. And it's never fun to be caught pumping, of course. But it's fair game.

unless you enter a FW like a scared little baby who hits other's after a CF, but runs into a FW to keep from getting hit.

HYPOCRITE.
    "You're a failtroll Newark." - Catwalk

Post Fiend
    Realist, you are right that it is a valid stratagy. The point is that it is bottomfeeding and if you are so bold to not call it that then it certainly isn't anywhere near "taking on others close to our own standing"

Catwalk, like I said before you are right that they had 48 hours to build defense and they should have done that. I am not critisizing you for hitting them when it was profitable I am critisizing you for saying one thing and doing another. I already read your post clarifying your recruitment post and hitting for easy gains and such.

As far as the fake war goes there isnt much else I can say. You're metaphor didn't make sense regardless of how much you wanted it to. If you don't believe in fake wars then don't participate in them. Prove you can stay on the charts without using them. That would be a much bigger accomplishment wouldnt it? You don't seem like the kind of player to back down from challenges. I am being totally serious.

Claiming to support measures to stop fake wars and then participating in them is definately hypocritical. You shouldn't have bothered saying anything about fake wars that way you wouldn't have given off the image of playing both sides. I agree that the game mechanics are screwed up and things should be adjusted further to prevent fake wars. You know enough people, start an example yourself. Until then don't make false claims critisizing fake wars and then use them because you say "most top kingdoms use them" cause it makes you look desparate to stay in the charts.

See, i don't think its a big secret i think CW is a clown, but when even I come to his defense regarding this issue, you know you really have a poor case. Hate CW for his inability in game dynamics or hate him for his egotistical nature, but hating him for playing how the game should be played is kind of silly.

For one, bottomfeeding is the natural progression of how land flows. I have no idea how much times this has been repeated, but obviously no one gets it still. Its easy for a small noob to say "I always topfeed" when he has literally thousand of targets to choose from. If people could always topfeed, they would since it obviously gives more, but that is not realistic - at least not the way the game is designed currently. Next, attacking his use of FW is cute too. Before trading was legalized, it still happened on every level, albeit illegally. People also suggested to legalize it, but meanwhile, they still did it. Again, simple game dynamics dictate that FW is a viable tactic. Until you figure out an alternative, it will be done.

And this is what's wrong with utopia. Too many noobs thinking they have the slightest clue and approach things from the wrong way. Catwalk might have worded his kingdom description badly, but he's done nothing that was hypocritical at all even before he edited. You just sound like an angry noob who got hit and decided to vent. That is only laughable and pitiful not because you got hit, but only because you are dumb.

Post Fiend
    You obviously didn't read my post very carefully Realest. I said "Realist, you are right that it is a valid stratagy". I agreed with you, and with CW that there is nothing really wrong with what he did, but I could see why people don't like it. It was cheap, but that wasn't my point. I never said there is anything wrong with fake wars. But don't claim to support measures to stop fake wars and then use them claiming they are necessary to be in the charts.

I am not afraid to say that I am somewhat noobish because I just started playing again after about 9 years off so I am still not fully adjusted to the way things are now. I never tried to say that I knew exactly what I am talking about. I simply said, saying one thing and doing another thing is hypocritical.

Here is the definition of hypocrite from dictionary.com

"a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, esp. a person whose actions belie stated beliefs."

That sounds pretty accurate.

You are also mistaken in your statement that I am an angry noob that got hit. I havent been hit in a while. Our kingdom was bottomfed upon a couple days ago but I had enough defense.

You missed my whole point, so maybe you are the dumb one.

Quote Originally Posted by Newark View Post
    Let's try a syllogism:

All fake wars are for pathetic losers who don't honor the spirit of the game.
    Catwalk engages in fake wars.
    Catwalk is a loser who doesn't honor the spirit of the game.

But we already knew that....
    Do you consider vulturing honorable? If you do then you are an idiot, if you do not then stfu about fake wars
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

But don't claim to support measures to stop fake wars and then use them claiming they are necessary to be in the charts.
    There is no hypocrisy about it. I believe the game should be changed, and would enjoy playing under different rules. Until they're changed, I'll play under these rules. I also don't consider it hypocritical for top kingdoms to support changing Paradise while using it to reach #1. The main problem with FW is that it requires you to have a FW partner available. That excludes many kingdoms from being able to use it, and places too much emphasis on contacts imo. Essentially, FW is a pumping stance. There is nothing wrong with having such a stance, it's just too strong at present.

A better example, is it hypocritical to support better funding of public schools and send your kids to a private school because you don't feel public schools hold sufficient standards?
    Last edited by Catwalk; 27-03-2009 at 09:58.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Post Fiend
    Ok, fair enough. What are your ideas to help reduce/eliminate fake wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk View Post
    A better example, is it hypocritical to support better funding of public schools and send your kids to a private school because you don't feel public schools hold sufficient standards?
    In answer to your question, yes, I believe that is hypocritical. But again, this is a more serious issue. You're kids need school. If you live in a country whose public school system sucks and you have the money for private school then great. Like I said before, you can be successful and have fun playing the game without getting on the charts. I guess some people NEED to get on the charts.

None the less, sorry for going off topic in your thread. I would have no problem continueing this conversation in the suggestions thread or wherever else it happens to go.
    Last edited by jennahaze; 28-03-2009 at 04:24.

Your kids can also get a good education at a public school, there just may be a better alternative. Is it hypocritical to support measures to improve the stability and reduce the crime rates of ghettos without wanting to go live there yourself?

I've suggested measures against FW elsewhere, this isn't the right place for that. But basically, it's about adding various measures that each penalize fake wars slightly while having minimal impact on real wars and at the same time introducing a stance which achieves some of the same effects as FW in a more balanced manner.

Post Fiend
    jennahaze: as the dictionarry points out, a wave is a signal, mouvement or coordination of some sort from all its original points to the end of it. thats why that word was invented and used accordingly. province 1 would attack to province 25. yet again, if you get attacked 13 times or 25 times in 4 days. Is it a wave? why not? reason is that for the same reason a wave at the beach could not happen with the left part going up and down and falling on surfers and the rest of it coming from the same rush of water but 4 days later so it is the case with 13 hits. 13 hits is what it is. just 13 hits. splashes of water coming in randomly. so think again when using the term waving as it doesnt mean only its abstract and litteral meaning/sense but its political and personal meaning aswell and it is quite significant and is a serious matter in here, regardless if taken* with a pinch of salt or with a great deal of concerrn.

Not with Honor, unfortunatly, there is only political and relative morals in here. people will prioritise and do things certain ways that will not go against their standard of concience. It could be for a selfish or selfless reason but there is an numberless amount of things to discuss about this subject. but honor is really shared among respected foes and trsuted friends who could be opponents as they could be allies. even there tho, it might not be the same type of honor youd expect from anyone. and they would know this and be fine with it.

EDIT:Also, to go along with what CW said. Someone might might believe that the speed limit should be at 100 but is currently at 80. what should then be the right thing to do?i used a reverse situation because if we grant ones argument to an extreme then the opposite side must do the same likewise. but this work the other way around just the same.
    Last edited by Lordwarallied; 29-03-2009 at 22:22.

Topping this one, we're still recruiting.

catwalk your inbox is full

*rapidly deletes the cyber sessions with VT2*

Recruit me. I heard you welcome all Ex Heretics?

With open arms and claws.

Thread Information