Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Mickster

Enthusiast
    I just wanted to hear his justification on a rather unconventional plan and I wanted everyone to be able to read his justification so the community could decide whether or not to do it. Now because of some over-zealous modding some noob might get tricked.

Cheech you were getting advice from someone who swears on his life that 1/92 = .92

You should read his justifications on that theory....
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    vines' "justifications" are all rather unconventional.

Post Fiend
    @ Dharan - that was the best thread in the history of the forums :)

does anyone have that thread? because Newark is right, it was probably the best thread ever created. I can't remember his step by step breakdown of how 1/92 in fact does equal .92
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    VT2 has it. He posted it last age for entertainment.

Enthusiast
    Cheech you were getting advice from someone who swears on his life that 1/92 = .92

You should read his justifications on that theory....
    That's a moot point. Someone else could stumble in and decide that it is indeed a good idea to run WT and TD because they read it from someone with a lot of posts in the forums. If Vines is truly incorrect than his justification (or lack thereof) will prove that and new players will be able to see that for themselves.

Closing a thread with a perfectly reasonable discussion going on is WAY over the line, and unfair to new players who are genuinely confused about what buildings to run.

shhh Lydias is watching!

/me puts on his best behavior
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    /me straightens tie.

I can dig the comedy gold up, if you really want me to.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

just the one where he actually does that awesome step by step calculation VT2, that was epic. If you can dig that up I won't flame you for a week.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    You close a thread that has a legitimate strategy discussion going on just because there's a few insults?

What the hell is this crap? One of the people giving solid advice was going to help me with my setup, but since I'm unable to be on 24/7 I was unable to continue the conversation. Now the thread is completely ruined. That thread seemed very civil compared to other threads around, but I don't see them getting closed all of the time.

There's no reason to mod these boards so conservatively. Part of giving out strategy and advice in a game where sometimes being unconventional works is a few insults here and there.

You want players to visit these boards so they can get advice on how to play and hopefully bring in more of their friends to the game, correct? People aren't going to visit boards where threads are closed all the time for stupid reasons.
    Starting to see why GT left?

Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Banned
    Ethan I only gave wrong info once and I was given a warning for that. The stuff I was posting about buildings was correct. I don't know if you know this but the official guide's formula have things left out or the numbers/information are slightly off. I do not know why they do this. If I say something about the game test it out punch it in. And you will see my information fits with what the game's out put.

I explain the concepts I put forth clearly and plainly just take the time to read them.

I give good advice in a clear manner. Unlike most of the advice that is given. Most advice given here is given in a way where one needs prior knowledge. That way of giving advice is useless when trying to help someone who lacks any prior knowledge.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    Go back to kindergarten.

Thread Information