Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Mickster

This is epic...

"DHaran who is saying wt are affected by tpa. I'm not."

"We are talking about the fact that wt will give less benefits because a dwarf's tpa is less"

You just completely contradicted yourself vines, proving how little you know or understand.

Where is Mickster, I want him to see this so he knows why I was flipping out earlier...
    S E C R E T S

vines, just explain to us with numbers. Let's say the enemy has 3 tpa, you have either 1 tpa as non-dwarf or 1.43 tpa as a dwarf (= 1 TPA). You're saying that WT are less effective for the dwarf?

Alternatively, same 3 tpa enemy and either 1 tpa non-dwarf or 1 tpa dwarf. Again, WT are less effective for the dwarf?
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Banned
    DHaran you started off by say dwarf's tpa .7 and not 30% less effective. Then you started saying td and wts are not affected by tpa. Here's the thing less tpa one has the less benefits one will receive from td and wts, simple as that. I can give you an example if you like.

Let me explain how thievery works.

First, you entire your thievery-tab, and select a target. Now, select an op. We shall go with nighstrike.

You put in the amount of thieves to send, then click.

The game first checks for an auto-fail: clear sight, watchtowers, and assassinate wizards all have one.
    If the target has watchtowers, or is an elf with clear sight on, it's going to roll for auto-fail. If you get caught here, you're prompted to a failed op, and it's going to cost you a lot of thieves.
    Now, if you get by the auto-fail, the game compares TPA to TPA. Gnome has + to TPA, and dwarf has a - - these are both racial, and are added last in the equation. No matter how high a dwarf mods his TPA, he'll always have the penalty, since it's added last.

If your TPA is 50% greater than the target, nighstrike has a very high success-rate. Say that you pass the TPA-check.

Now, the game checks for damage. Each thief you send has a maximum damage/capacity. If you send more than the target has a resource - in this case, units - you'll fail due to oversending.

As you continously get in nighstrike after nightstrike, you'll notice that the kill-counts become smaller and smaller, and that they don't increase even if you send more thieves - this means you've reached the max, and that you need to gradually lower your sent thieves with each op.

Starting with 1000 sent, and ending with a final op that sends 300, is pretty normal.

The dwarf-penalty works as such: raw TPA (say 1) x science (say 10%, since it's early in the age) x thieves' dens (say 0%, since dwarf rarely runs thieves' dens) x racial (which dwarf doesn't have) / negative racial, which dwarf does have one of. If you run the human magic-penalty like this, keep in mind that that penlty includes an auto-fail on self-spells, but human also seems to have 0 penalty when it comes to offensive magic.

Vines, you're a complete imbecile, and you need to learn your place.
    Don't speak - ever.
    The only times you're allowed to speak is when I give you written permission.

It's damn, hard work running after you, and cleaning up among all the n00bs you confuse.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

OMFG how do u think you calc a penalty vines?

100% - 30% = 70%

70% = .7

.7 * tpa to modify

WTs have absolutely nothing to do with what tpa you have, if you have 0 tpa, the WTs will have the same bonuses as if you had 10 tpa.
    S E C R E T S

Banned
    The watch towers will give him less benefits. When comparing two province you have to give them the same tpa other wise it is much like comparing apples and oranges. A non-dwarf with 1tpa and a dwarf with 1tpa that how you should set up the example. However I will use your example, inherently the dwarf had to keep and maintain .43 more tpa than the other non-dwarf province in order to reach the same benefits from tpa. Because he has the same benefits from tpa the dwarf will have the same benefits from watch towers. In fact if the dwarf keeps his or her raw BE at 100%(130%) the watch towers will do more for the dwarf. Howerver when dealing with provinces with the same modtpa the dwarf will always be at a disadvantage and thus watch towers will be less useful.

Because he has the same benefits from tpa the dwarf will have the same benefits from watch towers.
    Completely random nonsense. Please back it up.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Vines, '-30% thievery effectiveness' doesn't translate into '-30% effective watchtowers and thievery.'

Really, it doesn't - just go away, or shut up.
    I hate cleaning up after you.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I wasn't kidding when I said I want him banned, it is unacceptable for him to be allowed to continue spamming his ideas on these new people looking for real answer. I really hope Mickster or Lydias come in here and read this and see what I am trying to get rid of.
    S E C R E T S

before i read that post about 1/92=.92 i thought most of the confusion came from vines' poor english. he can't seem to get the exact point across that he wants, but that 1/92=.92 was complete bollocks. granted, i've never thought any of his posts have been the most intelligent, but i thought maybe his incomplete english contributed.

maybe he's actually like 8 and we just don't know it. would also explain his poor english

he doesn't understand math, he doesn't understand the game, he doesn't understand how to learn, so it's a lost cause.

All he does is cause problems for ppl trying to learn or trying to teach.
    S E C R E T S

Banned
    I ready said I was warned for doing that. And I have not done it since. The fact that you guys keep bring that up shows you have nothing else to call me on.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Utopia
    Earth
    I actually deleted about a dozen and a half posts that were insults, rants and raves against other posters.

Since the thread became nothing more than a pissing contest, I closed it so people could stop, take breath, and quit sniping at each other.
    Last edited by Mickster; 03-02-2009 at 00:09.
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

Mickster can anything be done about ppl who give nothing but false information and refuse to accept being wrong and continue feeding new players wrong explanations?
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Kingdoms
    Legends of Zork
    Utopia
    Earth
    Unfortunately, no.
    Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh

Thread Information