Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for players/trades

Enthusiast

Looking for players/trades

Here's how this works. Our operation has two kingdoms - a "major league" and a "minor league." New recruits work their way up the minor league kingdom to get a chance for the majors at some point. The minor league kingdom typically picks up new players who show a desire to learn and show activity. We stress the fundamentals of the game in minor league - activity, dedication, willingness to be a team player, etc. If a player shows us what we're looking for he is brought up to the major league where a lot more is expected.

Players are expected to sign contracts with loyalties to my operation and will receive locations of all of a farm as a form of payment for their services. If a player breaks his contract he/she will not only be barred from my operation, but from other big name kingdoms out there. Contracts are typically 3 ages, but you can get resigned for longer if you prove yourself. When under contract, you are essentially the kingdom's property - you can be traded to other kingdoms for some of their prospects as well.

Experience is not required, though it's a plus.

I am also looking for other monarchs out there willing to conduct trades with some of my fresh young prospects. They have been trained very well. I can show war papers and pimp activity to back them up. I expect whichever GM.... err.... monarch to prove to me his players are good as well or no deal will take place. Currently I have a few young but experienced players - gnome/rogue A/T, elf/mystic A/M, and human/sage A/t - on the trading block looking for a veteran dwarf/shepherd.

Write here if interested (No PMs please - I'll contact you).

Hi there im currently playing all tho i haven't played in a while... Right now im playing a gnome warrior... Tho i have heard that rogue is better... Your view on things interests me and i would like to apply...

Interesting concept. Have you finally embraced recruiting as a playing style Cheech? Contracts are overdoing it just a wee bit, though. Can't imagine anyone signing up for that or respecting the agreements if they do.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yea I like the idea of having a minor kd, but the contracts are a little much.

Enthusiast
    Yup Catwalk. I decided to run my operation similarly to the MLB. Top kingdoms will probably follow my lead and have several minor league kingdoms that have players work their way up to the top. That's the new utopia you envisioned, correct?

Enthusiast
    You have followed too much sports where they use this system with major and minor teams

If I was as serious about the game as I pretend, I'd employ a similar line of terms and conditions, plus possibly a contract of honor.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

It won't work, just like in real life when 10 year contracts turn out to be 1 year contracts and somebody gets traded or released. Not to mention, if I was a good player sitting in the ghetto minor league kd waiting for my turn, I would say screw it and go find a good kd myself.
    S E C R E T S

Enthusiast
    Someone who knows what their doing probably wouldn't have a need to be in the minors. The minors are for training young, enthusiastic players.

Sounds like a complete farm and banking system your setting up.
    To all provs responding to this I'd suggest you keep your personal information to yourself less it be taken away from you in this scenario.
    BOOYAH!

As long as both kingdoms play for themselves and not the other kingdom, it's a very good concept. Allowing players easier access to play at their desired level without breaking up friendships is a very good thing. It's being done already to some extent, especially when kingdoms merge. But the contracts are ridiculous, was that part meant sarcastically?

Post Fiend
    Hey sign me up,and while your at it why doesn't our KD give you our best Uber attackers while we're at it? LOL! Ya right ,Good luck cause your gonna need it to get other Monarchs to trade you crap provinces for more crap ;) Just get rid of those guys you don't want and get someone to take thier place.Very good concept on the Major/Minor League tho,Utopia is for friends also,but competition is where it's at.

Spam is best served on taost.My spam on your toast ;).

Enthusiast
    was that part meant sarcastically?
    I think catty is on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheech View Post
    Top kingdoms will probably follow my lead and have several minor league kingdoms that have players work their way up to the top. That's the new utopia you envisioned, correct?
    Top kingdoms alleady have more than several "minor league kingdoms" to recruit from, even without the hassle of keeping one specifically for that. After all, the ghetto players allways love to be invited into top kingdoms.
    Utopia has to be saved! Join #strategy!

The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us. It's the darkness in our own heart that we should fear!

Wolf, that's usually a one-way arrangement with no favours returned for the ghetto kingdoms.

Thread Information