Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orc/Artisan uses

Orc/Artisan uses

So is Orc/Artisan a good combo for thief/mage? lol

I think I would rather just go with DE/mystic for T/M.
    These so called experienced players are just wanna-bes. The less tpa one has they less affective they are. For example if a person has 0 tpa but they have 50% watch towers the watch tower will not help any. It's a fact. Right now I'm like lol because it seems to me you "experienced" players seem to think if you put up lots of wts with little or no tpa that will protect you. Well you're wrong.

-Vines

Architect Of Lies - Aka - Useful Idiot

now you guys are just baiting vines
    Thats entrapment
    Have Fun & Prosper

Banned
    I read it and left it alone. The orc/artisan can work but is always better to go attacker when playing orc regardless of the personality.

Does orc/artisan make a good combo for a t/m?

The answer is if you want to be a t/m pick a different race. Not to say orc can't be a strong t/m, but other race are more suited for the t/m role.

lol I do actually believe thats the most sensible thing i have seen from Vines so far.
    These so called experienced players are just wanna-bes. The less tpa one has they less affective they are. For example if a person has 0 tpa but they have 50% watch towers the watch tower will not help any. It's a fact. Right now I'm like lol because it seems to me you "experienced" players seem to think if you put up lots of wts with little or no tpa that will protect you. Well you're wrong.

-Vines

Architect Of Lies - Aka - Useful Idiot

Post Fiend
    Orc/Artisan uses?

farming acres for attackers?
    -Zack-

"There are no women on the internet, only men, FBI agents and Chris Hansen."

Baby who wants to love me sexy uh?
    Baby are you ready to lick me sexy uh uh?
    Take off your shoes and suck me sexy!
    Baby we’re naked and we’re humpin’ sexy!

soldier bank
    Have Fun & Prosper

lol that really was the most sensible post in vines history.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    Wow, go vines. Maybe he can own up to one sensible post a day?? Mmmmight be stretching it too far.
    The World is out there. We are stuck inside Here.

I think there might be some people who have gone Orc/Artisan this age. It's very funny.

Regular
    orc artisan is very feasible.

i did an excel solver calculation to maximize OPA.

it turns out that stables and dungeons are very important in maximizing OPA.

check my file out. i'll post a link to my excel file hopefully tomorrow. i'm currently in an internet cafe and has no access to my file.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansel View Post
    orc artisan is very feasible.

i did an excel solver calculation to maximize OPA.

it turns out that stables and dungeons are very important in maximizing OPA.

check my file out. i'll post a link to my excel file hopefully tomorrow. i'm currently in an internet cafe and has no access to my file.
    I highly doubt you calculations are correct, it is far too easy to show that the buildings saved by other personalities are greater than the buildings saved by artisan.

If you look at just the buildings the artisan personality effects and take a normal % used of that building by others you'll see you only save about 6-8% of your acres to get the same values, and you'd have to use greater than 50% of those buildings to achieve that 6-8% benefit meaning you have less than 50% in percentage buildings. Warrior gains far more than 8% worth of rax with it's -attack time bonus, merchant receives more than 8% with the +% income bonus, Sage receives more than 8% if they used school or banks to pay for the extra science they gain, mystic don't get me started they easily can save 20-30%

Just because stables and dungeons are good for getting OPA doesn't mean they are good compared to other buildings in a lot of cases especially with Orc TG's and Forts are better than stables at boosting OPA, hands down better.

Regular
    sorry to tell you, but it is accurate.

i was able to unlock the missing piece in the equation, the diminishing returns of buildings.

some people might have unlocked the formula already, but i'm proud to say that i was able to unlock it myself.

actually, its a no brainer equation.

it is not perfect, i will admit. but it is fairly accurate. try it yourself. and if ever you use the code, just don't forget to credit me. the name is Ansel, if ever you forget. and you're welcome in advance!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IS8R0U7N

yeah, artisan orcs are not the best, but it is very FEASIBLE. that's what i'm trying to say here.

p.s. - the spreadsheet is personality neutral = does not account for the artisan personality. you should edit the mods of the structures that artisan affects before using the solver again.

sorry, on cell D13, i left 1.25^2 (a mistake while computing yesterday). sorry about that. i removed the 1.25 mods for the artisan personality so that other users of this spreadsheet would be able to use it with "neutrality."
    Last edited by Ansel; 06-02-2009 at 16:46.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by uzziah View Post
    Just because stables and dungeons are good for getting OPA doesn't mean they are good compared to other buildings in a lot of cases especially with Orc TG's and Forts are better than stables at boosting OPA, hands down better.
    this is a fallacy.

that's the main reason why they reduced the dungeon and stable capacities! they were too powerful back then.

now, they are balanced structures. they were stand alone back then, but now even if they were nerfed, they work very well when mixed with TG's.

plain TG's or plain stables are never the optimal way to do it.

it should always be a mix of stables, dungeons and TG's.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansel View Post
    this is a fallacy.

that's the main reason why they reduced the dungeon and stable capacities! they were too powerful back then.

now, they are balanced structures. they were stand alone back then, but now even if they were nerfed, they work very well when mixed with TG's.

plain TG's or plain stables are never the optimal way to do it.

it should always be a mix of stables, dungeons and TG's.
    I never said plain TG's or Plain stables infact you can try the math yourself starting with 10% in forts and 10% in TG's and you'll see that an additional 10% in TG's will out weigh 10% in stables for orcs.

Stables were never as good as being able to steal warhorses and use extra +% ome buildings (which were not always called TG's) but who cares about then I was speaking about the game as it is today.

Stables are not as good as using TG's and/or Forts to boost OPA on an orc.

Thread Information