Thread: Honor gains

Enthusiast

Honor gains

Are honor gains affected by the rank difference, or merely the rank of target?

Ie. Assuming equal networth, would a baron lose more honor if tradmarched/op by a peasant, compared to being tradmarched/op by a viscount?

Just mass of honor, compared to your own.
    Since mass decides your rank, you could say that rank does have an effect on honor-gains.

Yes, a baron would lose a lot more if hit by a peasant, compared to getting hit by a viscount, since the difference in honor is so great.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

As an A/M, outside of war, what's the easiest way to gain honor (without getting fat from trad marches, preferably)?
    dz comin at ya

@dzarovit,

Out of war, the best way to gain honor is opping Kds that are unfriendly/hostile with you, but for the most part, it's a waste of time compared to honor gains in war.

i'm still a pretty inexperienced player, but i know a lot for a n00b. i know honor gains oow are a waste of time, but i'm close to the next rank, and i'd like to get it before my next war starts (probably 5 days from now)
    will i be able to get decent honor from learn attacks and some regular mage ops, or is it just going to be a completewaste of time?
    dz comin at ya

Enthusiast
    You will get none from learn. Not sure about ops without relations, but i believe none as well. As a baron, i got 30+ with a trad on another baron oow. Thats the best option I believe.

Just try it out, run a few OPS and see if your honour goes up. Simple.

Enthusiast
    Can't. All mana goes to Dice. And 1 tpa.

There's no honor-gain for ops and spells outside of war.
    Standard attacks and conquests will give you a tiny, tiny amount, but that's all.

The easiest way to gain honor as A/M is to spam storms kingdom-wide during war, followed by kingdom-wide greed, and the occasional meteors, plus landlust when you have the runes, and there's a target that has extremely low WPA.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Sir Postalot
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2 View Post
    There's no honor-gain for ops and spells outside of war.
    Standard attacks and conquests will give you a tiny, tiny amount, but that's all.

The easiest way to gain honor as A/M is to spam storms kingdom-wide during war, followed by kingdom-wide greed, and the occasional meteors, plus landlust when you have the runes, and there's a target that has extremely low WPA.
    sorry VT2 you are wrong

i gained ~300 OOW on gen last age by casting explosions on barons or higher =)
    one measly honor point at a time =)
    (it got me over the line to marquis!)

and before anyone accuses me of being a dirty T/M, i was an elf A/M with over 100 opa =)

Formidable

Thread Information