Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Fast Simulator

Utopia Fast Simulator

I have been using a self-made Excel province simulator for a dozen of ages already, and ported it to PHP recently in order to have a better look and feel. Most of the formulas and pages have been intensively checked and tested, and simulator is good for an official release now.

Utopia Fast Simulator

For these who used Prophet in the past, the functionality is pretty similar, with the fast forward button on the Throne page. The default province creation procedure will create a province in protection, with the start of age resources. If you want to use the simulator in order to manage an existing province, you can use the Import feature on the login page and input your formatted CB and raw Survey, SoM and SoS.

There are still a few known issues that should be corrected in an upcoming version, once I manage to get the correct formulas. Mainly:

. The exploration costs formula is slightly incorrect.

. The building efficiency changes are instantaneous, rather than progressive.

. Changing Pay Rate has no impact on the military values being displayed on Throne page and Military Advisor. However, the wage increase is correctly applied.

. Starvation and overpopulation are not handled. Simulator is mainly used to evaluate province numbers, and these situations are not nominal. Food stock will go into negative values if needed, so you will still get to know whether or not you produce enough food.

. It is not possible to double train military, for quite obvious reasons.

. All spells are available to all races. Players should know which spells they have access to, so I just cut some development time here.

Every action performed is stored and the actions log can be accessed in The Paper section. This could be used for strategies sharing amongst kingdom mates for example.

Furthermore, as mentioned on the simulator home page, no action or province intelligence is being stored, and everything is handled through a PHP session. This session lasts for 20 minutes, so if you stay inactive on the simulator for more than that all your data will be lost and you will see tons of warnings.

Thanks to Alliancerankings.com for hosting it!

I will try it out.

Thanks in advance.

Nice.. :)
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Post Fiend
    good job toadi

: )
    Kaer Loche Alliance

nice i like it alot :)

looks great!

The exploration costs formula is slightly incorrect.
    if you need to do a more closer formula to the real thing (atleast at start) use:

2.7854 * Acres - 250
    for even closer formula use

2.7854 * Acres - 250 + 1.5 * ( Total_Land_Explored - Total_Land_Lost ) * WarEffect * RaceEffect * MillsEffect
    for the real formula... PM ME!

I had checked your formula when you posted your Excel file Bijo, found some discrepancies and did not get deeper into it. If you have something more accurate, I'll gladly take it. Though that 2.7854 looks weird to me, Mehul usually used fractions in his formulas (see the 8/31 factor in building costs for example). Did you try to convert this factor into a fraction?

Oh, and I got a tad less lazy today and added real dropdown lists for the spells. Now races only get access to their real spells. Fanaticism and Aggression are also working. It is possible to cast the spells that have no direct impact on the province (Invisibility, Clear Sight...), the runes cost is deduced as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadi View Post
    I had checked your formula when you posted your Excel file Bijo, found some discrepancies and did not get deeper into it. If you have something more accurate, I'll gladly take it. Though that 2.7854 looks weird to me, Mehul usually used fractions in his formulas (see the 8/31 factor in building costs for example). Did you try to convert this factor into a fraction?
    no i didnt try to convert this factor into a fraction

its seems that you were right...

1000/359 * Acres - 250
    should do the trick also ;)

I will check this value, thanks! I'll also see if the 1.5 factor is accurate.

Sim bugs

WARNING - Province is overpopulated, Peasant decay is not yet handled by Simulator

No free builds for dwarves.
    No retaining build.
    No rune growth.

In both Import mode and stand alone sim
    IMPERIALS KLA

I just made some tests regarding the issues raised by Hurlin and could not reproduce them.

Is someone else experiencing that behavior?

Enthusiast
    Would be nice if there was an option to add your current province into the sim and continue from there like the old sims...

Quote Originally Posted by Saatana View Post
    Would be nice if there was an option to add your current province into the sim and continue from there like the old sims...
    http://www.alliancerankings.com/fastsim/import.php

P.S.

Toadi could it be metatron messing with me ?
    IMPERIALS KLA

Enthusiast
    Not working...

My CB:

Soldiers:963
    Goblins:1769
    Trolls:4883
    Ogres :2753

Is shown in simulator like:

Soldiers:116
    Goblins:963 (my soldiers)
    Trolls:1769 (my goblins)
    Ogres:4883 (my trolls)
    Thieves:0
    Wizards:1576 (my thieves)
    Prisoners:2813 (my warhorses)

Regular
    Do you have a way to put your data in so you can use the province you have now? I copy my throne page and that works fine.. then i make sure my angel is not on and copy my building from my advisor and they show up on all the wrong buildings... my sciences i copy from science page.. not from advisor.. and they get all messed up...

the military pasted just fine and works fine.

What would be a nice deal is you can t ype in the numbers of whatever buildings you got and all that data that you as a person can change then you click the button to start and your province appears and you can go from there changing stuff as you have it. Hope that makes sens.

! NICE !

now if only it was angel compatible :)
    All-in-one formatter accepts the page copy but not angel.

Thread Information