Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Fast Simulator

Toadi could it be metatron messing with me ?
    Yes, data is extracted directly from the page, and Metatron adds lines, which screws up my parser. I just realized that my own Firefox plugin messed with the page and thus screws up the import section. I need to rewrite that a bit.

now if only it was angel compatible :)
    It cannot be "Angel compatible" since Angel does not indicate how building, troops and books in progress are spread.

I've improved the search function I am using for the import feature, it should work much better now, though Metatron might still have nasty effects. I am not using Metatron so I do not know how Metatron actually modifies the different pages needed by the software.

Post Fiend
    Eeerm. When i go to use the import function and click on <import data> the website just hangs and does not load.

I tried to import with both formatted and unformatted information and with all information and without all information.

Am i missing something?

There was some differences in the PHP versions I am using on my test server and Alliancerankings server, which caused these timeouts. It should be fixed now, at least I hope so. I tried to import my province and it worked fine.

Post Fiend
    Ooo very nice work toadi it is sweet. If only i had found it a bit earlier in the age so i could plan a alot futher ahead. Definitely recommending to others:D

Umm two things i found was that my figures were wayy off because i couldnt factor in honor. It modifies alot of my figures and as a result i pretty much died in the first 20 hours without it factored in.

Am i missing the honor input section?

Also i was unable to input a kingdom stance as a result my figures were wayy off. As the stances affect BE, ME, BR and spell efficiency it kinda warps a bit of my prov.

That being said it is still very nice:D i have been looking for a simulator for ages since the old arcaic programs no longer are relevant.

Well the simulator was originally made to be used for testing protection strategies, and I am (slowly) evolving it into a full simulator. As a result, honor and stances were not taken into account in the original release. I have already added building efficiency and military efficiency changes into the equations, but some factors are still to be added.

I will try to add honor soon, and then work on stances.

New version released, which should fix a few import bugs and exploration display issues in the history section.

Furthermore, the import mode now takes honor and kingdom stances into account. Honor is directly read from Throne page while stance has to be manually defined. I havent tested that new code intensively, so there might be some bugs around, but nothing serious.

If someone knows the ME/PR formula I am interested. I'm also interested in how BE and ME slowly evolve towards the final value, if someone knows.

played around with it for 2-3 days of simulation. looks pretty good. great work

Enthusiast
    @Toadi

Draft Cost Bug:
    Draft Cost is not taking into account. It always says "0gc" Draft Cost on the Council page.

Enthusiast
    @Toadi

Draft Cost Bug:
    Draft Cost is not taking into account. It always says "0gc" Draft Cost on the Council page.

That is correct, thanks for pointing. I will deploy a fixed version later today.

Note that this is simply a display issue on the Council page, and has no impact on actual income calculations when advancing time from Throne page. Draft costs are already correctly deduced there.

Enthusiast
    Okay so it is in effect.. but it doesn't show on the council page? Okay

I've fixed it so it shows on Council page too now.

EDIT - I just found an issue in Import mode when province is in Peaceful stance (bonus is applied twice), I will be fixed tomorrow!
    Last edited by Toadi; 26-02-2009 at 22:35.

Enthusiast
    Draft Cost is off?

In game, I am paying $52 per soldier on Emergency Draft Level. Orc at 1,010 acres.

The simulator says $39 per soldier.

Banned
    One thing I came across when using this tool is that I didn't need any food. The build I was testing out with the tool had max birthrate so my people were being born faster then they were dying. lol That would be cool if I could do that in the game. I had over
    -1,000,000 food and my birth rate was keeping my population at max :0

Thread Information