Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia Fast Simulator

Draft Cost is off?
    I do not know the draft cost formula. It varies with current draft rate. I am just using the base values until I got a correct formula on this.

Veteran
    I'm just trying the sim out but it looks good so far :) Waited for a return of prophet for so long :p

I'm trying to cast BB with my DE/merchant or whatever the default choice was, but it isn't in the spell list...

Exploration cost doesn't take the acre cap into account.

Edit: Any chance of an oops button being implemented so you don't have to start from the beginning every time you make a mistake? :p
    Last edited by AFKain; 03-03-2009 at 18:37.

Exploration cost doesn't take the acre cap into account.
    What is the limit on exploration? Current size? Formula is quite off anyway :(

Edit: Any chance of an oops button being implemented so you don't have to start from the beginning every time you make a mistake? :p
    I wish I could, but the way simulator is coded I cannot, everything is handled dynamically so I got no way to rollback actions.

-

Thanks to a database access given by Ezzerland on Alliancerankings.com, I have been able to add a "Store" feature, available from The Papers. You can now save the history of events and share a unique key identifier with friends or kingdommates so they can view actions by entering the code on the main page!

Should be a cool new feature ;)
    Last edited by Toadi; 04-03-2009 at 22:11.

Veteran
    The new feature sounds neat :)

Explore cap is current size minus any barren acres. Too bad about the formula though :/

Ezzerland
    Formula for explore isn't so far off. It's accurate starting that I can only explore 71 acres :p The past 3 ages of strats I have saved all say explore max (71a) so it must be somewhat close for a protection strat.

And yea, AFKain is correct about explore cap. Current size minus barren acres. :)

Thanks for the save feature :) It's quite well worth the DB space for people to be able to share saved simulations :) I'm sure it'll come in extremely handy with age starts :)

gj toadi :)

Regular
    Great job Toadi,
    I used the old prophet to teach new players. (and test OOP of course)
    Many thx for all your hard work mate and AR for hosting.

Bo ;0)

Postaholic
    Toadi, Thanks for putting your time into this!

It looks great :D

Maybe OMAC should add it to its EUT program.

Edit: Toadi, is it possible to change monarchy status in the simulator?
    Last edited by Mourhelm; 08-03-2009 at 06:54.

It is not possible for now to change Stance or Monarchy other than from the main page when you create/import a province. It is on my to-do list, I will do it when I have some more time on my hands next week!

@Toadi
    WTH? No CGI Error included? Man, i'm sorry to disapoint you but without all this beautifull errors your simulator is zero :D

Hi, i'm a returning player, and so much has changed. I wanted a feel for the game trying out the sim, however, it would seem that the 12/20 hr bonuses do not apply within the first day. I would like to ask if this is true, or a bug.
    I hope this is not offending, although i realise also the age is ending, but it is useful for me.
    Thank you.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It's true. You don't get a bonus for the first day.

Thank you.

I have updated the Simulator for the next age according to the latest posted changes. New version is not online yet, Ezzerland is currently testing it and will upload it once he has finished.

If you still find something weird, do not hesitate to report it there. For now I still allow Undeads to buy elites - that allows me to deliver the new version of the Simulator faster - I will remove that properly when I find time.

Ezzerland
    I'll be running the tests now. I'll try to have it updated on-site in the next 3-4 hours, unless we run into any significant problems.

We'll keep you all updated.
    Regards,

Ezzerland
    Ran a quick 10 tests or so. Seems to be working great atm.

Gnomes food consumption was updated to include the amendment to their current changes (+50% food cost).

There is only a couple minor bugs that you might want to watch for on your sim.
    Exploration is not capped at your size. so if you are 400 acres, you could accidentally explore 500 acres, where the game would only allow 400. So if you plan to explore in the sim, watch out for that.

Also, sometimes there is an issue with sci, where you have to leave 1 book remaining because it's not registering. Don't fret, the last book is still there and can be used later :p

As Toadi mentioned, Undead elites are still trainable, but the cost is set high enough that its not really possible :p

http://alliancerankings.com/fastsim/
    Enjoy :)

Thread Information