Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Absalom ruining utopia

From vines

About two or three ages ago I was in the top 50 for land and networth and in the top 100 for honor.
    What was the province name vines? This I got to check out. Did you finish there or was there only temporary?
    Dolgil Rosethorn
    If it's broke, fix it.
    If it's not, don't.
    If you do not like the results, change your methods.
    Quit making the same old mistakes. Make new ones.

Forum Addict
    Korp, you misunderstand completely. COV wouldn't dominate in the same way ABS has done these last 3-4-5 years. COV is not strong enough for that, and there are too many fractions. Like it is now, Absalom is an oligarky controlling everything. If you want a #3 nw rank, you gotta ask Absalom for permission. 90% of all kds finishing relatively high, is in fact NAP'ed with ABS and has gotten permission to be there. Any objections to this?

There's no talk of exchanging ABS for COV, what we need is to get a balance again, like we had when MYTH, ECHO, early EX, etc were around.

I'd claim that a kd cannot finish in top 5 in todays utopia without asking absalom for permission. They have a monopoly on the charts and decide who gets to be there. And when the war finally happens, idiots like CW think they are smart by supporting the oligarky instead of making it possible for themselves to actually accomplish something with ABS being gone.

And yes, Catwalk is the largest single reason(though not very big in the big picture) since he seems to have huge influence on boring game changes, and now he also contributes in new ways to making utopia boring for generations to come.

Who will win next age do you think? Abs? or abs? or perhaps abs? Or perhaps even an abs-NAP'ed kd. Doubtfully, but it can happen if abs lets it happen.

One would think ppl are smart enough to know their own best. CW, YOU ARE NOT AN ABSALOMITE! You serve THEM, not yourself.
    And next age, you will have even fewer targets because of all the MAP's and NAP's ABS has given out.

This resembles a bit with the french revolution, or the american revolution. All power in utopia is in the hands of a few, and many are stupid enough to help them keep their power without knowing it's not very smart for them.
    The only difference here is that France and USA succeeded in their revolutions. In this game, the people help the opressors instead...

In all other games, it's normal for ppl to rise against the biggest power factor and overthrow them. In this game, ppl help the biggest power factor and thereby keeping their grasp on utopia.

This does something to the morale of many kds, and has already caused many to leave. Where's the fun when you can't do ANYTHING about it, and you can only finish #9 because ABS says so?
    That's something that causes ppl to quit, age after age with the same sh*t. Even Korp has to agree with this.

And screw the name Absalom, pretend they are called Santa Claus instead. It doesn't matter what their name is. What matters is that someone owns utopia and dictates EVERY single age and no one can do anything about it.
    ABS vs Rangers

word!

Post Fiend
    i think you would be suprised with the actual mechanics at the top, abs doesnt tell its kds who to cf... they decide that on there own.

anyway who cares, alliances will always be an element in the game, people get friendship, and knowledge and enjoyment from it, if you really wanted to destry abs, you missed your chance, a few ages ago would have been the prime time to take them down....

now they are fully entrenched and unless people are willing to continually face them without fear of the consequences, they will do as they please, and everyone will run from them.

if these new supposed top kds werent so worried about making a name for themself and just interested in testing themselves agains the best, abs wouldnt have a chance to completely dominate the charts....

Enthusiast
    Alliances (not just ABS) are destroying the game.

Few ages back when few people in my old kd had worked very hard training new people and organising it from a ghetto to a mid level kd we finally took the next step and decided now it's time to wave a "known" kd in utopia,the kingdom was ****

Guess what happened,few hours after we finished the wave 2 kd's from the alliance they where in waved us ~24 hours,forcing us to start rebuilding again and forgot about war

I mean CMON! a unknown ghetto waving a known kd and they couldn't wave back for them self,they had to ask for help,and if somebody remember this don't deny this cause it's 100% fact

IMO this is one reason people quit cause they know its not possible achieve something when you are beeing powerplayed like this when you are considered as somekinda threat
    Last edited by Saatana; 19-02-2009 at 19:04.

Enthusiast
    thats why i been and suggest proposed reset everybody...everyplayer
    after 10 ages of what..!

build a new server with news people...
    change drastic layout games mechanic
    trade or move..only allowed after 3 new ages passed..

which will kill the utopia and revive the fairness of utopia!!

i got long time haven't see people argueing in leadership, test to war..or what

Post Fiend
    Seriously Stoffi whenever i read any of your posts ALL that goes through my mind is these words over and over:

"God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betchGod your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch God your a whiney little betch"

Grow up.

Had it occured to you, instead of whining about it, or cheating your arse off to try to compete, to actually establish a long term ambition to defeat Absalom and go and form an alliance to do so?

Absalom dominates now because Absalom have been in existance since Age 4, and they have taken years to perfect the art of alliance play within Utopia. They understand the politics, they understand how to war better than any alliance before or since, and they understand how to divide and conquer.

Instead of being a whiny maggot, why don't you, Mansoor, etc etc whoever hates Absalom now get together (trading is legal now) and form an alliance to rival Absalom.

But no, you and your ilk cannot be bothered to spend the time, effort and evergy to do something like that, so all you do is cheat and moan to try to defeat them.

It is the same with any game or sport that a single team or alliance dominates. Its so because they have worked harder, for longer, and now are reaping the rewards of their labour. You on the other hand want others to do all the work for you.

You are just a joke nowdays. There was a time when you were vaguely amusing, but that passed quickly and is not the case any more. Now you are a sad pale reflection of what you used to be, a bitter and twisted little soldier bewailing the nasty Absalom.

Either do something about it, or stfu. No one cares about your opinion any more.

I thought you were gonna die? So NIKE... Just do it.
    Have Fun & Prosper

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by brenton View Post
    canadians are ruining ice hockey. No one else can win, they are all just fighting for second. I think they shouldn't be allowed to play any more because it isn't fair for the other teams.

hahahahahh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolgil View Post
    From vines

What was the province name vines? This I got to check out. Did you finish there or was there only temporary?
    Yeah I finished in the kingdom. But I left after wards. I am not sure of the name I used but I'm sure there is only one province that is in all three. Should be easy to find. To tell you the truth I can't even remember the name of my province last age.
    Last edited by vines; 18-02-2009 at 12:28.

Enthusiast
    canadians are ruining ice hockey. No one else can win, they are all just fighting for second. I think they shouldn't be allowed to play any more because it isn't fair for the other teams.
    You can't compare icehockey with ABS or any other alliance...

Canada isn't in any "alliance"... icehockey is 5 vs 5 (22 players in the rooster),they also don't have some other teams injuring the next opponent players on purpose

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SiAbs View Post
    Had it occured to you, instead of whining about it, or cheating your arse off to try to compete, to actually establish a long term ambition to defeat Absalom and go and form an alliance to do so?

Absalom dominates now because Absalom have been in existance since Age 4, and they have taken years to perfect the art of alliance play within Utopia. They understand the politics, they understand how to war better than any alliance before or since, and they understand how to divide and conquer.

Instead of being a whiny maggot, why don't you, Mansoor, etc etc whoever hates Absalom now get together (trading is legal now) and form an alliance to rival Absalom.

But no, you and your ilk cannot be bothered to spend the time, effort and evergy to do something like that, so all you do is cheat and moan to try to defeat them.

It is the same with any game or sport that a single team or alliance dominates. Its so because they have worked harder, for longer, and now are reaping the rewards of their labour. You on the other hand want others to do all the work for you.

You are just a joke nowdays. There was a time when you were vaguely amusing, but that passed quickly and is not the case any more. Now you are a sad pale reflection of what you used to be, a bitter and twisted little soldier bewailing the nasty Absalom.

Either do something about it, or stfu. No one cares about your opinion any more.
    Hey Siabs.

It doesn't matter whether or not the largest alliance is called Absalom or Stoffalom. The name of the alliance is irrelevant.
    It's the SITUATION that matters, the SITUATION.
    This SITUATION is causing utopia to be boring. This situation has caused many kds to quit, many players to quit.

Have you now understood?

As you say, it can be the same in any game. Absalom has indeed worked hard, if you read my posts, I don't blame Absalom of anything. I blame those that stand apathic watching utopia go to hell, and those that aid absalom.

Also, Absalom has not existed since age 4. ABS disbanded for some ages and then came back.

So, I'll repeat myself, the situation which we are in, is causing utopia to be predictive and boring.
    And when a zillion suckup kds run to aid the mighty beast, all hope seems lost.

Also, since you think I have been doing nothing, an alliance was under planning to counter Absalom, but omac ruined that. You of all people should know that you don't talk about everything in public. For many ages, I prepared, planned and made myself ready but that's not really something I announce in forums, is it?
    Things out of my control ruined those plans and I decided to quit after seeing so much work ruined. That's why I am now retired, in addition to finding each age predictive and boring.
    Last edited by Fagashlil; 22-02-2009 at 03:15.
    ABS vs Rangers

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeMaster View Post
    i think you would be suprised with the actual mechanics at the top, abs doesnt tell its kds who to cf... they decide that on there own.

anyway who cares, alliances will always be an element in the game, people get friendship, and knowledge and enjoyment from it, if you really wanted to destry abs, you missed your chance, a few ages ago would have been the prime time to take them down....

now they are fully entrenched and unless people are willing to continually face them without fear of the consequences, they will do as they please, and everyone will run from them.

if these new supposed top kds werent so worried about making a name for themself and just interested in testing themselves agains the best, abs wouldnt have a chance to completely dominate the charts....

I know how the game mechanics work, bm. :)

And yes, alliances will always be an element in the game and I like it. :)

And I agree, the right timing was several ages ago, they will now do as they please.
    ABS vs Rangers

Thread Information