Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Absalom ruining utopia

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Hey Siabs.

It doesn't matter whether or not the largest alliance is called Absalom or Stoffalom. The name of the alliance is irrelevant.
    It's the SITUATION that matters, the SITUATION.
    This SITUATION is causing utopia to be boring. This situation has caused many kds to quit, many players to quit.

Have you now understood?
    People have said the same in other games, where a single group has dominated, until other groups or unconnected single entities come along to challenge. Bascially your post is an attempt at scare-mongering to help foster your anti-Absalom agenda which you have had for years.

As you say, it can be the same in any game. Absalom has indeed worked hard, if you read my posts, I don't blame Absalom of anything. I blame those that stand apathic watching utopia go to hell, and those that aid absalom.

Also, Absalom has not existed since age 4. ABS disbanded for some ages and then came back.
    Actually Absalom didn't disband for several ages, the longest it was "disbanded" was approximately an age and a half. Frankly there has been little or no discontinuation except for 2 ages where Absalom wasn't an alliance in the game since Age 4. I should know.

So, I'll repeat myself, the situation which we are in, is causing utopia to be predictive and boring.
    And when a zillion suckup kds run to aid the mighty beast, all hope seems lost.

Also, since you think I have been doing nothing, an alliance was under planning to counter Absalom, but omac ruined that. You of all people should know that you don't talk about everything in public. For many ages, I prepared, planned and made myself ready but that's not really something I announce in forums, is it?

Things out of my control ruined those plans and I decided to quit after seeing so much work ruined. That's why I am now retired, in addition to finding each age predictive and boring.
    I agree that you don't talk about everything in public, except that you seem to. You seem to spend an inordinate amount of your time bewailing Absalom, and/or those kingdoms who are friendly to our alliance.

You said you were retired now, so why do you continue this campaign of anti-Absalom posts, day in, day out? Hardly a week passes by without yet another Stoffi thread talking about our alliance. Apart from the fact we would never let you in, I am truly surprised you haven't tried to join us. Is that it? Did we reject your stalker like advances in an early age and now you have dedicated your life to stopping the "evil empire" that rejected you?

Whatever the reason, you are doing your cause far more harm than good, by basically being the bad PR for people who might otherwise see some merit in some of the points you made.

You've spent so long undermining your own credibility that no one listens any more. Like the little boy who cried "wolf", once too often, even if you make a valid comment, no one will care or listen because its coming from you. However hard that maybe to accept, nowadays your entire campaign is a joke.
    Last edited by Fagashlil; 22-02-2009 at 03:16.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SiAbs View Post
    People have said the same in other games, where a single group has dominated, until other groups or unconnected single entities come along to challenge. Bascially your post is an attempt at scare-mongering to help foster your anti-Absalom agenda which you have had for years.

Actually Absalom didn't disband for several ages, the longest it was "disbanded" was approximately an age and a half. Frankly there has been little or no discontinuation except for 2 ages where Absalom wasn't an alliance in the game since Age 4. I should know.

I agree that you don't talk about everything in public, except that you seem to. You seem to spend an inordinate amount of your time bewailing Absalom, and/or those kingdoms who are friendly to our alliance.

You said you were retired now, so why do you continue this campaign of anti-Absalom posts, day in, day out? Hardly a week passes by without yet another Stoffi thread talking about our alliance. Apart from the fact we would never let you in, I am truly surprised you haven't tried to join us. Is that it? Did we reject your stalker like advances in an early age and now you have dedicated your life to stopping the "evil empire" that rejected you?

Whatever the reason, you are doing your cause far more harm than good, by basically being the bad PR for people who might otherwise see some merit in some of the points you made.

You've spent so long undermining your own credibility that no one listens any more. Like the little boy who cried "wolf", once too often, even if you make a valid comment, no one will care or listen because its coming from you. However hard that maybe to accept, nowadays your entire campaign is a joke.

You fail to see the point once again. I don't care if it's absalom or stoffalom who owns for 15 ages. It's a recepy for boredom, and like you said, in other games things like this result in ppl banding together to create balance again. Up throughout history, we've seen the same thing happening in real life, when France became too powerful, nations around would ally and beat them back. The same happened to Spain when the Habsburgers became too powerful, the rest of europe allied to avoid the Habsburgers in uniting the holy roman empire and spain.

This is what I am talking about. You fail to see the point, don't be so egosentric on absalom absalom absalom. Ofc this is about absalom, but the name is irrelevant. A situation like this over time is very bad for the game. Do you agree?

And like I've said, Absalom has done nothing wrong, they SHOULD try their best to keep power.

From last age to this age, we lost 11% of the players in utopia. We are now at the lowest ever.
    There are some factors that makes a game boring.

1. No challenge
    2. Repetitive
    3. No way of succeeding

#1 is caused by the lack of changes, #2 is caused by the lack of changes AND the extreme absalom dominance, and #3 is caused by the absalom domination.

And I will say again, Absalom SHOULD try to hold power, no one sane would step down "to create balance".

Do you agree with this, SiAbs?

Or are you too busy trying to flame me? I couldn't care less what absalomites and nuuuuuuuubs say. You are expected to flame me, you're on the other side and you will try to discredit me as much as possible so this "world view" is not accepted. It's your job.
    As long as my friends are still my friends, I really don't care what my enemies think.

Maybe kwwwww and his "fellow SKD mates" have some more words of wisdom, I need to smile more of the total lack of knowledge some ppl demonstrate.

If there were only Absalom kds to play in on this server and I was playing, I'd quit on the spot instead of joining Abs. I stand for what I say and mean, unlike many others which we have seen.

And there's only been 2 threads about abs during the last 6-12 months. I only found out about this alliance war some days ago. :)

And I'll repeat myself, I have given you the keys on how utopia can have a better chance of surviving. 11% fewer players this age shows that I have a point.
    ABS vs Rangers

Stoffi you stated that this is not an anti-ABS thread. The title of the thread is "Absalom ruining utopia"...... another lie?

Regular
    stoffi get a life, you are unhealthy obsessed with abs you need a psychiatrist before it is too late. and you hardly know me, but you got balls to say that you know what i will think a few years from now.

im not even gonna comment further, cuz stoffi lives on publicity/beef stunts. thats how pathetic his life is, he must have some enemy to live on.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    Hi, my name is kwwww. I play in SK (or I am big SK suckup) and I have huge epeen. Now plz love me..
    since stoffi and his clones are the same, i will not make any responses. if u want a response, pretend you are stoffi and read the posts i made to him instead.

@Si
    I thought you were gonna die? So NIKE... Just do it.
    Take HaJ, & OA & all the other ghetto aliiance wit ya.
    Have Fun & Prosper

Quote Originally Posted by 0papa View Post
    @Si
    I thought you were gonna die? So NIKE... Just do it.
    Take HaJ, & OA & all the other ghetto aliiance wit ya.

No you ignorant cretin, I said I was retiring from the game. That does not mean I am going to die. If you don't know the difference, you are a moron and beyond my ability to communicate with you, because of your lack of intelligence.

And I am and have always been in Absalom [hence the name SiAbs], and not even Stoffi would call Absalom a ghetto alliance. I will be kind and assume this is some attempt at village idiot level humour, and not that you are a complete f&^ktard and unable to discern between Haj, OA and Absalom.

Next time you want to reply to one of my posts, try thinking BEFORE you post to avoid looking someone who couldn't find their arse in the dark with both hands.....mkay?

You fail to see the point once again. I don't care if it's absalom or stoffalom who owns for 15 ages. It's a recepy for boredom, and like you said, in other games things like this result in ppl banding together to create balance again. Up throughout history, we've seen the same thing happening in real life, when France became too powerful, nations around would ally and beat them back. The same happened to Spain when the Habsburgers became too powerful, the rest of europe allied to avoid the Habsburgers in uniting the holy roman empire and spain.

This is what I am talking about. You fail to see the point, don't be so egosentric on absalom absalom absalom. Ofc this is about absalom, but the name is irrelevant. A situation like this over time is very bad for the game. Do you agree?
    I am not missing the point, I am saying that people should get off their arses and do something about it if they think the situation is bad instead of moaning about it. As you pointed out above, people in the past in other games have banded together to defeat an enemy. There is NO reason why they should not do the same here. Nothing needs to change other than the will of people to do something. Let me assure you, nothing you are posting is going to change that.

From last age to this age, we lost 11% of the players in utopia. We are now at the lowest ever.
    There are some factors that makes a game boring.

1. No challenge
    2. Repetitive
    3. No way of succeeding

#1 is caused by the lack of changes, #2 is caused by the lack of changes AND the extreme absalom dominance, and #3 is caused by the absalom domination.

And I will say again, Absalom SHOULD try to hold power, no one sane would step down "to create balance".

Do you agree with this, SiAbs?
    I agree partially with your analysis, but there are numerous other reasons why the game has fewer and fewer players, mainly because younger gamers nowadays are more interested in graphically more interesting MMORPGs like WoW or Warhammer or Guild Wars, or any other of the multitude of online MMORPGs. Another reason is that 10 years ago people were prepared to spend time learning a game and its mechanics to become a better player. Nowadays where "skillz" are transferable, if a new player comes in and due to lack of experience doesn't succeed, many will leave due to their inability to persevere and learn.

Finally, there is some truth to what you are saying regarding the dominance of Absalom, but I have always hoped that would serve as an inspiration to other players to get their acts together to provide interesting opponents to Absalom and challenge our dominance, rather than having the moderators of the game modify it because others simply aren't either dedicated or good enough to defeat Absalom.

Or are you too busy trying to flame me? I couldn't care less what absalomites and nuuuuuuuubs say. You are expected to flame me, you're on the other side and you will try to discredit me as much as possible so this "world view" is not accepted. It's your job.
    As long as my friends are still my friends, I really don't care what my enemies think.
    You obviously DO care what people think otherwise you wouldn't bother posting regarding the topic. And I am flaming you more for your record of anti-Absalom campaigns in the past and your open admissions of mass cheating.

Maybe kwwwww and his "fellow SKD mates" have some more words of wisdom, I need to smile more of the total lack of knowledge some ppl demonstrate.
    Rather you should try and recruit them and teach them to be better to challenge Absalom dominance instead of sneering.

If there were only Absalom kds to play in on this server and I was playing, I'd quit on the spot instead of joining Abs. I stand for what I say and mean, unlike many others which we have seen.
    You are assuming Absalom would have you. Big assumption, and not an accurate one either.

And there's only been 2 threads about abs during the last 6-12 months. I only found out about this alliance war some days ago. :)

And I'll repeat myself, I have given you the keys on how utopia can have a better chance of surviving. 11% fewer players this age shows that I have a point.
    You DO have a point, you are just inaccurate about some of the causes of the issues, and are totally without credibility because of your previous anti-Absalom crusades. When you contradict yourself by saying its not a thread about Absalom, and then use the title for your thread as "Absalom ruining Utopia", you again are just showing people that this is an anti-Absalom thread as demonstrated by the title. If you are trying to reach people who aren't anti-Abs per se, but you would like to put forward your arguments to, then they aren't going even read this thread, because they will quite rightly assume its another Stoffi Abs bashing thread.

If you had titled this differently, and not even mentioned Absalom, you would be able to legitmately say that this was about the state of the game, but you couldn't resist having another poke at Absalom in the title and so your credibility goes out of the window again.

waggh.. Si is bitting...

One hint why absalom is better:
    Absalom isn't alliance, it is an organization.

Arrow Looser

Quote Originally Posted by Morbid Angel
    Hi, my name is kwwww. I play in SK (or I am big SK suckup) and I have huge epeen. Now plz love me..
    Quote Originally Posted by kwwww View Post
    since stoffi and his clones are the same, i will not make any responses. if u want a response, pretend you are stoffi and read the posts i made to him instead.

Dude!! > Quote: "since stoffi and his clones are the same, i will not make any responses."

yes I will, no I won't, yes I will, no I won't - you always have these internal battles with yourself, KWWWW or was it somebody else named kwwww that felt compelled to start an entire thread devoted to stoffi. Wassa matta, pally, you see stoffi as a threat to your cushy little lifestyle? Glory days of being a robber baron sliding down the tube?

" Question What's up with Stoffi by KWWW
    First let me make it clear that this thread is about stoffi, nothing else."

KWWWW - "since stoffi and his clones are the same, i will not make any responses."

yes I will, no I won't, yes I will - but what if I say something stupid? Oh, I know how to fix that - I'll say this thread is about stoffi .... nothing else.

Almost tempted to start a thread about KWWW - nothing else - but who would read it?
    Outwit! .. Outlast! .. Outplay!

Yes Si
    Takes lots of brains to steal accnts, nap, xlog, proxie, bot, dice, explore, & bottomfeed yer way to the top. you go grrrl
    How many of your mates cheated, taking control of existing accnts, over all these ages?
    I bet you guys don't have the birthdates of a single accnt. Not one.
    Last edited by 0papa; 20-02-2009 at 01:51.
    Have Fun & Prosper

kww, read my post again and try to cut your ego a bit...
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Forum Addict
    SiAbs wrote:

I am not missing the point, I am saying that people should get off their arses and do something about it if they think the situation is bad instead of moaning about it. As you pointed out above, people in the past in other games have banded together to defeat an enemy. There is NO reason why they should not do the same here. Nothing needs to change other than the will of people to do something. Let me assure you, nothing you are posting is going to change that.

Then we can agree. Ppl should get up from their arses and do something about it.
    I don't blame Absalom for dominating, Absalom does what they are supposed to and I wouldn't expect less.

And I agree, nothing I post here will change anything.'

I agree partially with your analysis, but there are numerous other reasons why the game has fewer and fewer players, mainly because younger gamers nowadays are more interested in graphically more interesting MMORPGs like WoW or Warhammer or Guild Wars, or any other of the multitude of online MMORPGs. Another reason is that 10 years ago people were prepared to spend time learning a game and its mechanics to become a better player. Nowadays where "skillz" are transferable, if a new player comes in and due to lack of experience doesn't succeed, many will leave due to their inability to persevere and learn.

Finally, there is some truth to what you are saying regarding the dominance of Absalom, but I have always hoped that would serve as an inspiration to other players to get their acts together to provide interesting opponents to Absalom and challenge our dominance, rather than having the moderators of the game modify it because others simply aren't either dedicated or good enough to defeat Absalom.

That's also true. There are many factors that make the player base dwindle.

I've also hoped that ppl will see it as an inspiration to challenge Absalom, but the moment is gone. Some ages ago, COV and others were strong, but didn't make a move. Too late now.

And I definitively don't want mods to modify the game to "help" ppl defeat abs. That would be pretty ****ty.

I blame those that now support ABS by taking your deals, kds that got deals for not participating, kds that got deals for participating.

Rather you should try and recruit them and teach them to be better to challenge Absalom dominance instead of sneering.
    Recruit them to what? I don't play, and that guy is beyond hope. He thinks he is a SKD player.
    It's sad, but I rather kill my kds than try to teach them. It's just hopeless. :-/

If you had titled this differently, and not even mentioned Absalom, you would be able to legitmately say that this was about the state of the game, but you couldn't resist having another poke at Absalom in the title and so your credibility goes out of the window again.

I agree that the title and opening post are not very good. I often regret what I write, sometimes I wish I would keep more to myself. ;)
    ABS vs Rangers

Amazing how it takes you guys 5 paragraphs to say what I said in 3 words.

Postaholic
    i disagree with abs ruining the game. a very small fraction of ppl in this game are actually affected by absalom, as they only interact with ppl in top nw to try to look good on chart. secondly kds like playboys and seasons can compete just as well (or better) than any absalom kds.

if anyone is ruining the game, its those xloggers/farmers on top of the honor charts. those are the ppl that bashes ghettos and drive noobs away from the game, and i hate them. i wish i have more free time so i can rebuild ninjas and hunt those fags down one by one
    Last edited by Fagashlil; 22-02-2009 at 03:03.

Thread Information