Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Utopia, taking it too far?

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Oh yea how many provs does she have? Have you quit now?
    Luths Kingdom had 22 attacking provinces, we had 10 attacking provinces. Our Kingdom had about 18 active provinces in a Kingdom of 21 and obviously hardly any of them pulled their weight. Luthies Kingdom has 25 provinces. I do not know the activeness of all of them as its not my Kingdom.

I was an Orc, Warhero and managed 2 attacks a day. There was only one other province who did that aswell. Got targetted by Luths Kingdom as I had the highest off and def was basically same as my off. (I was also the largest in the Kingdom). Got Tmed to all hell and suffered 13 attacks.

I have stopped playing Utopia for the time being as I am busy at work and currently moving house, which means I do not have a computer at the moment unless I am at work.
    - = Paintrain = -

yes, i have 25 provs, 1 went into VM as war started, and another went in after that i believe.

but yes, 22 attackers and 3 pure t/m is our setup.

i currently have one prov to be traded

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper
    I still exposed myself a bit, just not completelly... But my bank acc nr is 8480-6 972 358 673-4, now did the chance of me getting harmed go up? Because people know the acc-nr to my <100$ account?

And Id say the constant hiding and refusing to talk about money would hardly lower ur chances of getting harmed in some way, if anything Id say it would rise suspicions.
    To answer your first question, yes it would increase your chances. Even if you advertise that there is less than $100 currently in your account. Because lord knows it won't always be less than $100, and when there was money in your account it would get taken.

To answer your second question, yes it does reduce the odds of you being harmed. Con artists and identity thieves look for easy targets, the ones who divulge the information they are looking for freely rather than hide it. Targets remember when they have been forced to reveal information by someone, which makes identifying the thief easier. The harder your information is to get, the less likely you are to be targetted by an attack. So by choosing to hide information you don't want the public to have, you reduce the odds of harm.

Ah OK bit out of our league only 16 attackers and 2 T/M's. We are number 2 on the Island for honour which isn't bad for 18 guys.

If you need a spot Jobolob I have a spare slot if you're interested when you come back.

Both started off around same networth. After about 3 days of war we we had lost about 2.5-3K acres. Luth's Kingdom took a total of around 5K.

We dropped severely in networth obviously and also lost some provinces, due to deletion and defection.
    Perhaps less of your provinces would have defected if you had withdrew at mintime when it was clear then that you had lost, instead of losing so much more without any benefit.

Luths Kingdom had 22 attacking provinces, we had 10 attacking provinces. Our Kingdom had about 18 active provinces in a Kingdom of 21 and obviously hardly any of them pulled their weight. Luthies Kingdom has 25 provinces.
    You either had 10 active provs, or 18 active provs and 8 T/M, which is pretty insane. Or perhaps 18 active provs but 8 explorers which in a kd that is warring also pretty insane :S

Anyway, since you said that only you as an attacker managed 2 hits per day, i'd say only you are an activie(ish) attacker.

As for utopia taken too far, i think anything worth saying has already been said :D

We need a hero.....I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    If you need a spot Jobolob I have a spare slot if you're interested when you come back.
    Or if you prefer an Australian monarch =)
    IMPERIALS KLA

Quote Originally Posted by Savman View Post
    Perhaps less of your provinces would have defected if you had withdrew at mintime when it was clear then that you had lost, instead of losing so much more without any benefit.

You either had 10 active provs, or 18 active provs and 8 T/M, which is pretty insane. Or perhaps 18 active provs but 8 explorers which in a kd that is warring also pretty insane :S

Anyway, since you said that only you as an attacker managed 2 hits per day, i'd say only you are an activie(ish) attacker.

As for utopia taken too far, i think anything worth saying has already been said :D
    Dont try and tell me what my Kingdom was running. I know what it was running. And we clearly lost, and that I am definetly not debating. Like I said we had 10 active attackers, and most of the others apart from maybe 2-3 were t/M's and we're active but obviously didnt do enough.

As for the late withdrawal I have already explained why that happened and I guess your from the Kingdom we warred.

If my explanation wasnt good enough for you, then blame OMAC since the server was down.
    - = Paintrain = -

Quote Originally Posted by Jobolob View Post
    As for the late withdrawal I have already explained why that happened and I guess your from the Kingdom we warred.

If my explanation wasnt good enough for you, then blame OMAC since the server was down.
    Jobolob, I don't know who Savman is, no idea if he is from my kingdom or not, it's not a name or nick i'm familiar with.

and yes, it was due to the server errors and it has been all explained and dealt with, but that has no bearing on this thread in any way shape or form, so i don't know why people are insisting on bringing it up here.

That's just the DE's spell-strength affecting CBs - it gives you all kinds of extra info.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with players getting to join the kingdoms they wanted instead of being forced to try and teach players who had little inclination or enthusiasm toward learning.
    Allowing players to play with people of their own skill level and with their friends truly is the single greatest thing to ever have happened.

huh?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nfidel2k View Post
    To answer your first question, yes it would increase your chances. Even if you advertise that there is less than $100 currently in your account. Because lord knows it won't always be less than $100, and when there was money in your account it would get taken.
    Why would a person that has the means to take money from an account just by knowing the acc nr target an acc that he knows has/has had so little money? Wouldnt he be alot better off just targeting random accounts? Im pretty sure the average bank account holds more then 100$, so why target an acc thats known to have little to no cash?

Quote Originally Posted by nfidel2k View Post
    To answer your second question, yes it does reduce the odds of you being harmed. Con artists and identity thieves look for easy targets, the ones who divulge the information they are looking for freely rather than hide it. Targets remember when they have been forced to reveal information by someone, which makes identifying the thief easier. The harder your information is to get, the less likely you are to be targetted by an attack. So by choosing to hide information you don't want the public to have, you reduce the odds of harm.

You might actually be right here, in that case it would be better to keep ur info hidden. ^^ I still think hiding info isnt always the best way to avoid harm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Savman View Post

18 provs were active. That is, they were active in forums and logged in regularly. I think only 10 actually attacked/were active in war.

Enthusiast
    Why would a person that has the means to take money from an account just by knowing the acc nr target an acc that he knows has/has had so little money? Wouldnt he be alot better off just targeting random accounts? Im pretty sure the average bank account holds more then 100$, so why target an acc thats known to have little to no cash?
    Do I really need to explain this?

Quote Originally Posted by Luth View Post
    Jobolob, I don't know who Savman is, no idea if he is from my kingdom or not, it's not a name or nick i'm familiar with.

and yes, it was due to the server errors and it has been all explained and dealt with, but that has no bearing on this thread in any way shape or form, so i don't know why people are insisting on bringing it up here.
    It doesnt matter anyway Luth. I have made friends through all of this. I will be returning to Utopia soon also. Probably in a week or so. Still organising ADSL +2 and setting up my office. After that Im back!!! Woohooo!
    - = Paintrain = -

Thread Information