Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kingdom themes

Kingdom themes

I am not fan of raging at someone cos something I don't like is happening. But I really feel need of posting this.

Question is very simple: Why did you change themes of Bogers and Puffy?

From what I've heard you said that their names were confusing. Why?

ASCII themes are something I admired since I started playing this game and it is something I really like. Song/text themes can be made easily, ASCII themes are art. And you are just tearing two artworks because you don't understand what artist meant with it and cos it looks confusing to you. Not us.

ASCII themes use numbers before (rarely at the end) of province names and it is perfectly simple to identify them. When you want to chain someone, you say "chain 20", not chain "xxxxxxyyxyxx" if name is "20 xxxxxxyyxyxx". Also, it is easy to get used on looking just at numbers when looking who hit who on papers.

Questions for OMAC are underlined and I expect answer on those two from Lydia or those who monitor such things and who actually changed those themes.
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Every single ASCII themes kd I ever saw has 25 province, most in question for being multi, and are very well known for plaguing this game with corrupt tactics.

I admire lot's of the pretty artwork myself. Those romantic nights, as I gazed upon such beauty with helpless questions as to why the hell a kingdom 2 mill net larger is raping my kingdom. Such fun to see so much JUSTICE this age! Thank you OMAC

That is not justice...
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Postaholic
    Spliff, the kd's are still there, therefore even by your own warped sense of justice, it has not been dealt out.

I saw the themes myself. Not confusing in the least. Just run it by numbers. Without the numbers, yeah. A bit more confusing. But in their form they were in at the time they would still have been considered legit for the last umpteen ages since mehul made the rule of numbering the ascii's if you want to use them. That way, they have a unique, easily identifiable characteristic. Why change that this age?
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Well it doesnt really matter what Mehul did or didnt do. Its OMACs game now. I think its a bit harsh especially if the Kingdoms in question were identifiable by numbers infront or behind the artwork.

But, its OMACs decision to change the game as they see fit, they paid for it, and can change game mechanics, rules and general gameplay to whatever they like.

Like it or lump it.

Postaholic
    I'm not saying Mehul's got anything to do with it, I'm saying as that was the policy previously imposed, and it worked for so many ages, I would like to hear OMAC's justification for heading in this new direction. It's not like it comes under "abusing a game mechanic", because the provinces were clearly given a unique and unmistakable label, therefore removing the possibility of them being mistaken any more than say, provinces where they were running several versions of the same basic name with letters swapped around, or a single letter changed, as in Fratzia's name theme. IMO it's far easier to confuse their names (and on a couple of the "OMGwhatamIdoingupatthistime" AM hits, my guys actually did, I'm ashamed to say) than it is a clearly numbered ASCII theme, yet OMAC changed that and not Fratzia's. No objection personally, but that seems a little strange to me, and I am curious to hear why
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidAngel View Post
    I am not fan of raging at someone cos something I don't like is happening. But I really feel need of posting this.

Question is very simple: Why did you change themes of Bogers and Puffy?

From what I've heard you said that their names were confusing. Why?
    ??? Because they suck ????

Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    Every single ASCII themes kd I ever saw has 25 province, most in question for being multi, and are very well known for plaguing this game with corrupt tactics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SNORT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA
    IMPERIALS KLA

Allanon your post exemplifies exactly what I have written. It was the policy, before OMAC owned the game.

I completely agree that if a province is identifiable then why get rid of ascii art, it looks good and shows that the Kingdom is extremely organised.

My post was stating that its OMAC's game and they can do whatever they feel like doing. If that means changing policy without notifying the community than that is their perogative to do so.

Havent you ever read any legal forms regarding insurance? Home loans? Specials in your local supermarket.

For example your local supermarket puts out flyers for a special item, down the bottom it will say something like, K-Mart (Wall-mart or something similiar) is at liberty to change these published prices without warning or publification to the public. Why should OMAC justify every single decision they make?

fight the man
    IMPERIALS KLA

Quote Originally Posted by Jobolob View Post
    Why should OMAC justify every single decision they make?
    Cos they are doing pretty random actions..
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Maybe someone complained about it. Maybe OMAC just felt like being jerks that day. Who knows?

Ok,

While for some players ASCII can be fun, for the less experienced it is difficult to differentiate. All I can say is that any names we request to get changed are unidentifiable and are purposely misleading(no numbers, etc).

I bumped the below message not that long ago for this particular reason.
    http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=581567

I would appreciate it if we could bring the OMAC bashing down a bit, we are here to try and help all of you, ranging from the noobs to the pro's.
    Samurai
    http://www.jaegan.net/dojo/sword.gif
    "The flower of flowers is the Sakura. The Samurai is the man among men."

Just to be clear Samurai, that maybe OMAC felt like being jerks that day, wasnt saying you were jerks. I have been defending you lately, see above posts. 8)
    - = Paintrain = -

I do understand, I was just pointing it out in general.
    Samurai
    http://www.jaegan.net/dojo/sword.gif
    "The flower of flowers is the Sakura. The Samurai is the man among men."

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    Ok,

While for some players ASCII can be fun, for the less experienced it is difficult to differentiate. All I can say is that any names we request to get changed are unidentifiable and are purposely misleading(no numbers, etc).

I bumped the below message not that long ago for this particular reason.
    http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=581567

I would appreciate it if we could bring the OMAC bashing down a bit, we are here to try and help all of you, ranging from the noobs to the pro's.
    then why were 3:3 and 4:15 changed? Their themes were clearly numbered as you can see in the screenshots here http://utimes.org/article/2009/02/10...hemes-age-hope

we get annoyed when policy is changed and no-one bothers to tell us, this looks exactly like the farce we had earlier with kingdoms being deleted and reinstated - omac basically changing long established rules because they don't seem to understand the game
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information