Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom "TAGGING" *long

Veteran

Kingdom "TAGGING" *long

Many kds these days have adopted the habit of using the KD name field, as a way to promote fair play. In the game currently there is a lot of unfair tactics that can be common events, whether it is due to chance or to planning.

--

the logic/reasoning:

1. kd-1 is in mutual hostile with kd-2 for 8 hours, kd-3 had planned 24h ago to wave kd-1.
    2. kd-1 tags 'KD-1 HOSTILE'
    3. seeing the hostile tag, kd-3 is more inclined (if they are inclined to fair play at all) to do a CE to see whether they should still interfere in a currently 1v1 situation
    4. kd-3 instead waves a fallback target, kd-4.

This is also common to see, but it doesnt always work out and then you get occassionally fair spirited kds who simply dont take enough intel, or one kd viewpoint is that there is not any hostilities and its a disagreement between kds. or the current hostile kd doesnt tag hostile in kd name and so based on these flaws in the relations system you get commonly 1 kd having to fight 2 at the same time. I think measures should be taken to limit and or prevent this situation. And ofc theres lots of kds who dont care if your already hostile or not.

--

the idea: use 'TAGS' as an implementation in the relations system.

-In the politics page where you set the kingdom name, there will be a visual implemented informing monarchs that by using the keywords: hostile or war in your KD name, then your kd will become 'TAGGED' for a minimum period of time (say 12-24h), and some maximum set

-Reaching Hostile TAGGED status...

TAGGED will first prompt the game to check the current relations of the tagging kd, to verify that indeed the claimed hosilities are not false. furthermore the counter of hits will be analyzed, i would also suggest adding another counter, one that counts the hits yet falls at the rate of about 1hit / 12h* (* or avg attack time, or any variable that measures the pace of increasing meter, and falls at an equal pace), to more accurately reflect the more current situation.

From ^. The 2 counters will be analyzed, and both must pass a criteria (yet to be defined, as there would probably be a lot of debate, i think its best if omac gives us something to work with rather than us trying to tell each other what we like best). Once the criteria is passed, then the KD has achieved TAGGED status. If the criteria is not passed, then the system will clear the hostile tag from the kd name, TAGGED status is not reached. Tagged status would also drop instantly if you lose all hostile relations (based on both yours and any enemies meters)

-Once your TAGGED

You, and only your kd (not any mutual hostile/uf kds) now have limited protection from a 'kd-3' engaging you in a hostile. Enemy kingdoms will now be allowed to attack into a hostile TAGGED only enough times to achieve Unfriendly status. once UF is achieved, game considers that the third kd is in CF with the TAGGED kd they hit. however the TAGGED kd can still attack (also only up to UF status), and do ops (not limited) on kd-3.

The only way for kd-3 to resume hitting the TAGGED kd-1 is for an ingame msg to be sent from kd-3 monarch to kd-1 monarch. once this pm is sent (ideally the purpose of this is for diplomacy, and to make arrangements on how to continue/end hostilities with each other) a timer is started. (12-24h, or other variable). so either once the timer expires, OR kd-1 monarch replies to kd-3 monarch with ingame msg (this assumes diplomacy has now been completed or at least attempted), both kds can now resume hostilities without any restrictions from TAGGED status.

--

im sure theres some sort of loophole in this idea but i think this may be one implementation that could do a lot of good to the relations system that hasnt been great or well liked since it was first implemented. feel free to criticise, flamers begone plz.
    Last edited by brado; 19-02-2009 at 07:52.

Forced tagging will make it easier for people to deliberately vulture free hits right before a KD wars another. Adding protection makes it abusable basically for FW but without the war limitations such as honour loss and science caps.

I understand the well meaning behind, but this is more a community mind set issue than a game play issue. It is some people style of play to deliberately hit into hostile KDs, disallowing them that right makes the game boring.

If someone interferes with an obvious war, message the monarch of the warring KD and ask both your KDs wave this new KD in retaliation first, then have 2 days to prepare for war again or whatever.
    Proud to be a WannaBee

We are recruiting again now for 1-2 spots, let me know if your interested via pm. Experience isnt necessary as long as you are committed and IRC capable to aid the learning process.

@Ishandra
    Agreed, its a good concept, we had that happen to use before warring Luths Kingdom, funny thing was the Kingdom that did, obviously saw our ce and still before our war went after Luths Kingdom too, so it worked out fair in the end anyway! 8).

It would be great if everyone knew though, some nub attacked into our war so I pmed the monarch and the province and I got back Im a new player dont hurt me. In reply I said well why isnt your King teaching you then. blah blah blah, not going to retal him because he made a huge spiel about scaring away new players, stupid noob.

war seems very easy to get into. Hit and kingdom twice that says 3times retal, so your two hit's they hit 6 times. you hit once more and declare war. My kingdom can get to war within 1-2 hours of being waived because 3 attacks is so easy to get in. Any of these kingdoms In Hostile for 12 hours or more are not hitting the other kingdom or vise verse and simply trying to not get hit by both kingdoms at once.

Quote Originally Posted by grimborn View Post
    war seems very easy to get into. Hit and kingdom twice that says 3times retal, so your two hit's they hit 6 times. you hit once more and declare war. My kingdom can get to war within 1-2 hours of being waived because 3 attacks is so easy to get in. Any of these kingdoms In Hostile for 12 hours or more are not hitting the other kingdom or vise verse and simply trying to not get hit by both kingdoms at once.
    Your whole paragraph is completely irrelevant to the thread. Did you even read the first post?

Yes the point of the thread was kingdom one and kingdom 2 are hostile with each other for 8 hours. When someone elsce wants to start waiving them. Most kingdoms pick a target and waive, Very easy to get one kingdom to hit 6 times and another to hit 3 times. You don't need 8 hours to do this.

My point was meant to be that their is no need for tagging if people hit the declare war button instead of just hitting each other till they have an advantage then go to war or back out if they don't get it.

That is peoples perogative to do that if they so wish, the idea is about tagging your Kingdom. I held out on pressing the war button when we were hostile, was waiting for players to come online and such.

Its not about how easy war is to get into, its about stopping people from waving you beforehand when war is on your doorstep.

So yes your post is irrelevent to the tagging of Kingdoms and preventing waves when war is imminent, your post is about how active a Kingdom should be and that the button should be pressed as soon as it is gained.

FAIL.

Well that's your personal opinion. If you want to wait till you have more people you have that choice, But if your going to wait 8 hours or more then chances are your random attacks back into enemy kingdom will bump you up and you will loose the button. If it goes that far then no offense but you deserve to be double waived. Your option is to declare war when you have the option and if you don't then you risk being attacked. You risk being attack or waived by any kingdom at any time other then once you are at war. The longer you wait the more likely someone elsce will try to waive you.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by grimborn
    If it goes that far then no offense but you deserve to be double waived.
    No - No kingdom deserves to be double waved unless they start waving 2 kingdoms themselves. Your logic is way off the mark. When mehul created utopia - it was publically stated that his intentions were to be a KD based game, with every Kingdom for itself. Now, with the ammount of alliances and naps we have, the game is far from 1 kd for itself, yet there are still some solo kds, and age after age after age, they get powerplayed, unfairly 2v1'd (accidently and intentionally). The idea is to CHANGE this, revert the game to the way it was meant to be played.

Just becuz u have the button doesnt mean you hit it, there are many strategical ways to go about winning a war when your 1v1 with another KD, many of which include drawn out hostiles, yet our strategical options are limited by the 2v1 risks, which reduces the ways in which you can win a war, this hardly makes sense. You say that you risk 2v1's by waiting to declare, yes, and to me, that is a problem with the system. Tags are meant to fix this problem so there is less risk or worry about unfair situations coming up.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Ishandra
    Forced tagging will make it easier for people to deliberately vulture free hits right before a KD wars another. Adding protection makes it abusable basically for FW but without the war limitations such as honour loss and science caps.
    -Nothing is 'forced', tags are option for monarch to use at his/her own desire

-KDs can currently freely vulture hits right before someone wars, if a kd had TAGGED status, there would be a timeframe (mentioned in 1st post) where the hits are limited, so in fact this would make it harder not easier, to vulture in the way u said

-The idea of the 2 counters (hostile meter and the 2nd one i suggested) would prevent abuse of the tagged protection, because it would decide whether the hostile is real, and how active it is - if it doesnt meet the criteria, no protection is given thus is cannot be abused.

So none of your points are really valid whatsoever unfortunately
    Last edited by brado; 20-02-2009 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by brado View Post

So none of your points are really valid whatsoever unfortunately
    Other than

this is more a community mind set issue than a game play issue. It is some people's style of play to deliberately hit into hostile KDs, disallowing them that right makes the game boring.
    Which was my main point.
    Proud to be a WannaBee

We are recruiting again now for 1-2 spots, let me know if your interested via pm. Experience isnt necessary as long as you are committed and IRC capable to aid the learning process.

Veteran
    Well yes thats a good point, but as I stated, and as mehul has in the past stated, thats not how game was intended to work. Stopping kds from abusing relations system and unfairly gaining or hurting a kd hardly makes the game any more boring however. That logic is beyond me

It makes it more boring because it turns it into a carebear game instead of a pvp game or KDvKD game.
    Proud to be a WannaBee

Veteran
    yes obv its your logic that anything about my suggestion should be wrong so, whatever u say =/

It doesnt matter who suggested it, if its a bad idea.

I understand you have good intentions, but this isn't what the game needs.
    Proud to be a WannaBee

Veteran
    in your opinion - which has been heard already, more feedback from other ppl would be nice

Thread Information