Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Archangel Protocols: Revival OOC

Regular
    I'm probably just not doing the original storyline justice, or misunderstanding other's intentions or history in the thread. I usually just type what I'm thinking, and what i'm thinking is often random and ideas popping into my head randomly. As far as treason? I figured with the world as it is, we don't really have a "government" to speak of to commit treason against. I kinda saw us more as a ragtag group with innumerate resources, and we fought gorilla wars. I understand that by now we aren't a small organization, but the core is more of an elite group created or chosen to be above the law. Again that probably doesn't make sense. Its often hard to put the picture I have in my head into words =p

Pretty much, I don't want my character to do anything "stupid" or treasonous, but I do want him to remain independant of protocol control and command. I do want him to remain with a deep sense of obligation and respect for the military group that we are. If I ever do one of those "stupid" things, please let me know and I'll be happy to change it rather quickly.

As far as where I'm going right now? I wasn't really sure how to respond to Azrael's outburst after the Sim, so I did something random and thought maybe it could lead to my characters quirks later. Ya know, like your bipolar schizophrenia and Azrael's blocked memories. I innitially gave my character memories that couldn't be removed by the protocols, but I guess with the technology those could be removed if I died and they recreated me. Not really sure how that would work... It was one of those "great random ideas" in the beginning that kinda turned to mush after awhile of developing my character. The thread has lead him towards being an irrational hard ass, when I originally intended him to be a big teddy bear with a "prove yourself first" personality

*growls at life*

I'm sorry for just up and disappearing on you guys for a week...like has been crappy and it obviously doesn't like me at the moment.

I'll try to get something in this week...really, really try.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Post Fiend
    Post soon, fairly busy day. I'll be editing my post later in response to the Ren/Mas/Asvar quandry.

Veteran
    new guys (lol i hate calling people newbies. It's so disrespectful) - No I don't see any problems with the way you're doing things. I was just curious. Thought maybe GE added a new facet with currency, cause you guys talked to him a bunch before making your characters.

I also run things on the fly. No problem with that. A semblance of a plan is a good idea. Glad to see you both have that though. ;)

as far as property. I'm sure that if the corponations fell "tomorrow" then the cyborgs and human soldiers would be dismantled to only a peacekeeping role, and spread across the world. In the case of the GELFs, they probably would switch to a role that would fit them best, or iced until needed at another time. Since they go into literal stasis (as much as possible, considering entropy happens regardless), it could feasibly be hundreds to thousands of years in stasis. Afterall, they are powerful weapons.

Either way, it is GE's baby, and I would let him decide what would happen.

It is a militaristic hierarchy of a people who want to just free the world due to a moral obligation. That doesn't mean that anyone is above the law. True, there are some people that enjoy more freedom and information than others. But that doesn't mean they are beyond reproach. Train's life, for instance, depends on workers and technicians who think he is not morally compromised.

just my take on it.

------

as far as ragtag, I don't consider them to be. i find them to be very organized and if anything obsessive compulsive.

Though, since they DO control the flow of information... anything is possible.
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 06-04-2009 at 20:03.

Regular
    *taps his foot* Come on! I need someone to take a potshot at me or something to give me direction lol! Foreman work is being stressful and tiring. Can't wait for a day off.

Regular
    kindle was gone for those few mins, so i'm holding her post until after the mas/az thing is over, i really don't see her getting back while that's goin on.

don' worry mir, i think everyone just got through having "one of those weeks" lol, slow on posting, but i'm sure it'll pick back up and whatnot.

Post Fiend
    Alrighty, I blame most of these little misunderstandings on me... I'm still getting my GM game back, and despite knowing two of my players were brand new I failed to put as much detail into the world description as I should have.

AS to the Currency, well, The Protocols would definantly have some sort of system of payment at least for the civs... including scientists and such, while Cyborg are essentially volunteer soldiers who would have their implants and such covered by the protocols, it doesn't mean the prots would specifically invest in research for a particular borgs systems, so her parents "investing" in her, could make sense. GELFs, Androids, and Pure Ones especially are different, they were created by the protocls, and each has thier own research team, the more successful the line/pool and the larger the more research is put into them. Mas for instance would probably have a medium sized research team because he's a new attempt at Pure ones with vast potential, and a major problem. A late gen GELf of a large pool would have a small personal team, but would get a lot of trickle down advances from the larger research team working for the overall pool.

As to the prots being Rag tag, that would only be in comparison to the numbers they face. While we see only a small snippet of their power and such, they could go toe to toe with any single corponation if they really REALLY needed too, they would still lose in the end, because they couldn't hold out when the other corponations attack. Thus they usually work through espionage and guerilla strikes that are all adding up to larger goals that only the highest protocols know.

AS to the government of the Protocols... I'll go into more detail later, but think of it as a mix between a military Junta, a science committee, and an elected congress.

As far as what they've been doing, sudden outbursts can be a little frustrating *going berserk in my bedroom whie you were already off the mission for being uncontrollable so that now I have to figure out a way to get you under controll AND convince Az to bring you along... *sigh they are doing pretty well overall. At least they are giving me some side stories to work with ;)

Veteran
    indeed. if it was business as usual, it would make for a boring story. ;)

thank you for confirming some things. I remembered a 'congress' of sort. More like a caucus. Scientists and military people founded it, if i remember.

Veteran
    I already wrote Quantas departure for the armory. Can it be assumed that he got there before/ along with azreal?

Post Fiend
    sure

Veteran
    thanks, I'd hate to write a post consisting alone of "he stopped at the armory." :)

lol Asvar. ^_^ I like your nick for Abaddon. ^_- Jsut, whatever you do, once Apollyon comes into the picture, don't ever call her "Appie" to her face. ^_- She might get just a little angry. ^-^
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Regular
    unfortunately, i made kindle as blond as i am in real life, thus, she has NO CLUE that you are anything but "Fast and Deadly Abbie who is in love with Azrael"...

lol, so that means no nickname for the other you =(, though it would be so cute to say "Hey Appie wanna apple?"

Post Fiend
    sry for the lack of posty post, my schedule got borked on Thursday, and then I I was traveling the rest of the weekend, posts today I promise.

Regular
    Umm, just gonna post a bit here about my armor. I've been letting it kinda slide since we've been in the base, but these entire incidents where y'all been shooting me or holding a sword to my neck really wouldn't be likely. Think Warhammer 40k space marine suits, but a bit more form fitting. They definitely cover the back of the neck up to the middle top of my cranium, and come around the front to come up to my upper lip for radio communication and ventilator if needed.

Also, kinda wanna OK my new toy before I get it. I was thinking something along the lines of a long charge beam thingy. I'd have to slap the shield pieces together with my hands in between, and it would do one of those proton acceleration thingies on a very small scale, causing a plasma beam over a very very long distance, but it takes a good while to charge up to get that beam, and it can't really be used often due to the heat and charge time. Bigger boom than your sword, but not as reliable... because ya know... its a proton accelerator (Bad magnetic fields etc etc)

Thread Information