Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Archangel Protocols: Revival OOC

Veteran
    GE, I would love to play, :) If you'll have me.

Name: Quantas
    Sex: Male
    Generation: 1 (Generation just after Pure One)
    Type: GELF; Derivative of Seraph pool

Abilities:

Pros:

--Sniping GENMEM, general combat. Free Running GENMEM / acrobatic.

--Energy projection; extension of one's energy into a mechanical force. Sort of like jedi force push. :) Basically, Chi waves for defense or offense. His root pool Pure One, Seraph, would have been able to break down walls, toss cars with a powerful shove, or send a 360 degree shock wave. Quantas, however, is not geared to the extreme energy projection levels of Seraph. He is not a tank as Seraph was. Regardless, when he does get into a melee or unarmed combat situation, it multiplies his already enhanced strength for that blast by *1.5 on average. Can be lethal as a pinpoint focus or shearing force, or cause broken bones and maiming in the case of a blunt force.

--Sight enhancements. *2.0 normal human, 20/7.5 vision basically.

--The ability to lower one's breathing and heart rate to nearly nothing while lying in wait for the perfect shot, or to steady one's hands for a shot. much like what diazapam (valium) does.

--The usual strength enhancements through more efficient muscle, and tendon construction, bone length and form/density. Quantas can lift his bodyweight in a single-arm chin up and continue to lift his body above the bar to full extension with little difficulty, but he is not superman. More like primate. :) *2.5 Normal human

--His nervous system is quite a bit more extensive, and therefore more sensitive to tactile feelings and the "sixth" sense of magnetic fields, electricity, and thus organic systems around him.

Cons:

-- Because of his sensitivities to other creature's energy systems, he is extremely empathic and tends to take these emotions into himself. They highly impress his persona. This isn't always bad, but depression and sadness are rather common emotions, and has brought him to some quite powerful suicidal feelings. Almost powerful enough to counteract his built in self-preservation conditioning at times. Though other times, the happiness by others turn him into a ball of sunshine. This instability keeps him at a distance from others quite often, if just to save his own skin, but also because people don't know what mood he'll be in.

-- His sensitivity to tactile sensations like heat, cold, roughness, pain, or pleasure, can be benefits on a mission, but also a hindrance when injured or overwhelmed.

-- Even though he has enhancements to handle the strain on his body that increased strength demands (bones, ligaments, tendons), and great endurance, he has the common side effect of such enhancements. His body injures itself from the rigors that are demanded it by the profession for which he was made and hatched. Combined with his enhanced nervous system, he feels more from his wear and tear than others normally do. His aches and pains take heavy medication until his restorative therapies are complete, and has been found at times to develop substance dependencies to the point of stealing from the medical clinics.

Weapons: Small arms, unarmed, rifles (assault; Bolt or cartridge sniper). Melee skills for close range combat. Energy projection.

Bio:

Quantas has been around. He's been subjected to a lot and seen a lot of product lines get pulled. He's seen a lot of his Pure One friends get permanently iced never to return, only to be used as a harvest source. He's seen a lot of his "Nom" friends die and age before his eyes. (normal Human = Nom, from Nominal)

As unstable as he is, his typical self-isolation has saved him from being iced a lot. Once and a while, they put him under. Why age him needlessly if there are no sniping situations to use him on? Also, why subject him to the emotions of others even longer? His normal quarters are small and atypically cramped for a protocol. Lined with EM inhibiting materials to reduce his feeling others around him. Thankfully, his usual job keeps him at extreme distances from his targets

It's usual for him to yell from within his room before someone pages him from outside his door asking for admittance to come in or go away, depending on their state of emotional being.

Somewhat jaded and resentful of his existence from time to time, he's got a special situation with a psychiatrist now. They've found that the best way for him to be helped is by a psychiatrist speaking to him through speaker phone and being watched on camera. It also allows it to be done in his room.

He's learned the concept of love and passion, at first by the younger Noms, to his eternal dismay. Only a few times has it been real and not induced by artificial situations of those around him. Regardless, each time it has ended badly and painfully. What would one expect if a GELF had feelings for a Nom, and they died so quickly in comparison? Or if two GELF somehow developed feelings for each other; is it a surprise that two unstable individuals have an unstable relationship? Also no surprise that after the third generation, the GELFs were augmented to not only retain their already sterile and barren nature, but also to have romantic emotions programmed out along with making genitals basically vestigial because of GELF like Quantas. Quantas figures it was just an oversight that the first three generations after the Pure Ones didn't have those augmentations. Or they didn't think it would have been an issue if it wasn't programmed in.

The enhancements given beyond sight and hibernation-like qualities were given to allow him to get anywhere he needed to be and stay there. The ability to scale buildings or descend without the use of typical things like stairs (free running) are essential to getting in and getting out unseen in either the urban wasteland or undeveloped natural scene. The strength enhancements aid in this, but also allows him to overpower anything that gets in his way.

Quantas was developed as a sniper than can go in alone and doesn't need a group to pull him out, but rather be his own retrieval team and overcome any enemy resistance. His "brother" Inferno, who was built to do for explosives what Quantas does for sniping, had been unsuccessful in taking any control of his emotional construct and became insane. He had to be scrapped and redesigned.

Once, when he was fresh and new from the birth-tank, Quantas met Seraph and found him to be a blank slate. It was as if he were mentally catatonic. He had heard that he had eventually just found a way to keep a bubble around himself and let nothing in or out of it to affect his persona by "grafting", as they came to call it in Quantas' case. In battle though, it was said that he would lose all ability to keep the bubble up, as it cost much concentration. Those who knew him best said that as he plowed through his enemies and buildings he would wail and cry uncontrollably in sadness as if it were physical torture. They said he could feel his enemies' fear of death and sorrow as his own. So deeply it affected him that eventually his mind crawled into a pit and never came out. They didn't need to ice him; he iced himself. Apparently, Seraph only lasted a couple hundred years of limited active, but very effective, service.

He is for all intents and purposes a loner.

-----------

Tell me if anything needs changes GE. And I hope you don't mind the little bit of liberty I took talking about the other generations after #3.

edit: I didn't see the last two posts before mine until I posted. I had this up for a few hours unfinished and then decided to finish it now.

I am assuming that my character would have been involved with trying to stop him, so i'll tuck that away into my memories. :) Also I'll note that it is all tentative. :)
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 27-02-2009 at 20:55.

Hey GE, no probs about not ok'ing my char, esp in light of Deus. I will think on it and come up with a new character.

Post Fiend
    glad you don't mind mike ;)

Hey Renny, good to see you, Well, I think I'm gonna try and keep those sort of quasi paranormal abilities at bay right now, even my Pure one barely has the ability shock someone to death, and only at great need would he bother to use his ability in that way. The extra sensitivity can stay, as well as the empathy though that's pushing it for me, the force pushes have to go though, sorry. If you could come up with an example of an animal that could do that sort of thing, I could swing it, but it just doesn't happen naturally.

I'm trying to keep this within the realm of reasonable science/sci fi... at least for now. Trusting that you'll make suitable adjustments, I'll tentatively approve you.

Regular
    Name: Matthias
    Sex: Male
    Generation: 1
    Type: GELF, from Abaddon pool.

Abilities: His abilities, like Abaddon before him, are enhanced speed, reflexes and senses. All being roughly two times that of a human. Having the enhanced abilities requires him to intake a much larger amount of calories than your average person each day.

Weapons: A specially made katana, just being denser and sharper than a normal katana with the sheath built into his armor directly in line with his spine down his back. The hilt sticks out when sheathed to about the middle of the back of his head. He also carries a modified and silenced MP5 submachine gun that is strapped to his right thigh. A ring of daggers, roughly 12, are strapped around his left thigh. His secondary firearm, a silenced pistol, is holstered in a chest holster under his left arm so he can draw it with his right.

Specialities: Matthias specializes in close quarters combat (hand-to-hand, melee weaponry) with a good amount of training with the firearms he uses. His real speciality, and the main purpose for his existence, is assassination and stealth missions. He often has accompanied squads behind the scenes, taking out key targets while the squads were distractions.

Bio: Matthias went through a couple bodies before this one he currently resides in. The first body only lasted a few months, wiring mechanics failed to perform a certain acrobatic feat and he ended up landing on a mine. His second body had a better string of luck before it kicked the bucket. He sacrificed himself to save the remainder of the squad he was sent in with...diving on a group of enemies with a live grenade in each hand. Now he finds himself in this third body which has lasted an extraordinarily long time for him. Whenever he gets awakened, he renews his abilities and trains himself, completing what needs to be done before being put back into sleep.

Appearance: Matthias stands roughly 5'10, a very lean and athletic build without fat of any kind to support his extremely acrobatic fighting style. He appears to weigh about 150 lbs. The genetic splicing he's undergone to produce his abilities have tinted his shortly cropped hair a pure white color and his eyes as well. He prefers tightly fitting black but comfortable clothing for ease of movement as well as concealment during missions. Otherwise, he wears plain white t-shirts and slightly baggy jeans.
    Last edited by Matthias3690; 01-03-2009 at 14:41.

Post Fiend
    I just wanted to interject something:
    If the sheath is a part of his body, when the katana is sheathed it's going to make him unable to bend his back. That could suck. But I like the idea =D

Regular
    *Smacks forehead* lol I meant to put his armor instead of himself, which I just fixed lol

Post Fiend
    Weee just here to help :3

Regular
    Hi! I'm one of the newb friends he was referring to =). I'm still working on my char sheet!

*welcomes Asvarlindae with cookies and cake*

^_- Welcome!! ^-^
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Post Fiend
    Matt: approved, but you would have been through many more than a "few" bodies" at this point, especially if you were first gen. Life expectancy of a GELF body is somewhere between 2 and 6 missions, depending. For instance the longest string of survived mission by any GELF or Pure One is held by the Pure One Michael, who survived 12 missions in a row, though he had to have several limbs and a couple of organs regenerated over that time.

All other tentative approvals are now formal, except for Rens, until he makes the mentioned changes. waiting on my firend to post chars, and I'll start her up.

Regular
    Thanks and alrighty. I remembered the life expectancy but wasn't sure how long the first generations have been around for. So he's been through more than 15 bodies as he gave up counting on reaching that number.

Veteran
    :) The quality of magic is simply being unable to explain. I personally believe in energy within living beings. No big though. :)

I can deal with sensory only as an ability. As for the pure one, change the tank aspect to hunter. He would sniff out targets in crowds. Potential spies, important assassinations, Etc. His was simply just too sensitive to withstand other's emotions impressing on his own.

as for an animal that has similar magnetic sensing qualities, fish and other aquatic creatures. Especially sharks.

Post Fiend
    theres a wide difference between sensing Electromagnetic fields (which we obviously generate) and "reading" them to empathically feel someone elses emotions, and to wielding blasts of such energy with such terrific force.

Regular
    Name: Kindle
    Sex: Female
    Generation: 0
    Type: Cyborg

Abilities: Kindle has most of her body augmented with technology. Her augmented muscles and skeletal system allow her to run 35 mph if needed (draining power) and lift 1 ton and throw. Her sensory augments allow her to switch sight modes to "night/infrared/heat/EM fields", smell to the equivalent of a hound dog's, taste to "determining trace elements", and hearing to "ultrasonic" and "subsonic" (downfall: she has to have switched to the mode for her senses to pick something up). Finally, her general nanite fluid armor can cover her body providing general protection, small arms, energy dispersal, and when needed can greatly harden for greater protection (however immobilising her and draining energy while hardened, the shell armor is weak to heat based weapons and strong EM attacks).

Appearance: Kindle has cream colored skin, gray eyes, and only stands 4' 8" tall. Her head is kept clean shaven and her body is built and rock-like which completely takes people by surprise when they see her size. A smile seems to be chisled onto her child-like face. Sometimes, when she is trying to blend in, she wears a sandy-blond wig with pig tails.

Weapons: Her main combat type ranged, she normally carries a plasma rifle on her shoulder, a high-calibur pistol on her thigh, and a blast weapon on the inside of her calf, all of which she connects directly to her sensory input for increased accuracy. Although in case of close combat she carries with her a special thick sword that is flattened, and while the edges are sharp, the 5 1/2 inch surface is used for precision hitting when she isn't in her enemies face. The hilt of the sword is specially designed to allow her to disperse energy down the bladed part of the sword for an combination energy/physical attack.

Specialties: Due to her heightened accuracy, she is normally the first person given a missile launcher or high powered rifle with armor-piercing rounds when defenses need to be taken down from long range for rest of the archangels to move in. She prides herself on "providing the cover".

Bio: She has been becoming more and more cybernetic since she's been old enough to consent. At this point, the majority of her is machine. Because of her short height and her isolation from her "normal" friends, she developed a childish personality, becoming overly attached to authority figures, rebelious when she feels slighted, and overconfident about tasks deemed by her superiors as "difficult". Kindle only has a couple of years of experience on missions, however she has been passed around from team to team. She feels that after her latest major implants to help her improve her performance and usefulness, this time she will make a difference.
    Last edited by Asvarlindae; 05-03-2009 at 14:55.

Regular
    forgive the bio, i'm super unfamiliar with the world/scenario and couldn't think of specifics to put in ^.^

Thread Information