Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Archangel Protocols: Revival OOC

Post Fiend
    accepted Asvar, Though you would not have been augmented cybernetically until you were old enough to consent to it.

When you getting your other half on here, I'm itching to start.

Regular
    My other half is in a hotel that doesn't have internet till friday. I tried to explain stuff over the phone, but it didn't work very well. If everyones cool with it, we can start saturday, bc i'll have him get his sheet made and call you before friday night. **go go wife power**

p.s. i changed the infant part of bio to "old enough to consent" again, not as creative as i'd like, but a quick fix, and i'm sure i'll figure out this world soon enough.
    Last edited by Asvarlindae; 05-03-2009 at 14:56.

*nods* It really isn't that hard...for the last couple of times that this thread ran, mostly parts of it were made up by the people playing in it (the details, that is). like, descriptions of the facilities, how each character saw the outside world, et cetera.

Don't worry too much about it. ^_^ You'll fit in just fine, I'm sure. ^_-
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Veteran
    I agree GE. But there is also a large gap between sci-fi and reality. Between human and splicing animal genes into it. This has a heavy base in reality as far as our characters are concerned, but the world and everything in it is totally off base from reality.

even so, i have no problem giving that up.

I wanted to add something, I don't know if I added that he has good sight. I believe I did and I'm too lazy to look. Regardless, due to the near mile distance that current sniping technologies can perform, I'm putting in a rather modern and real world technology.

Bluetooth. Or something nearly like it that the US military installs today in a wired/wireless system. Some gun systems have a linkage to an internal computer that calculates laser distance and such in either a wire or wireless system. also, communication in a squad is done by a randomly generated but synchronized and always switching radio frequency. They do this with entire batallions today in the US military by someone's laptop in HQ. I'm sure we could do it in small scale in the future. Even smaller would be my character's combinations of weapons.

Reason? Remote controlled ordnance and cameras and things. I think that would suit my character very well. I thought of it while i sat inside of a metal conex trailer for 3 hours with nothing to do but think of AP.

Regular

Masraik

Sorry about the delay of my post and contact here! I'm one of those nubbins he so mentioned, and I look forward to playing with you guys. Here's an extensive (I spent too much time waiting on internet!) character sheet. Feedback is always welcome!

Abilities:Inhumanly physically strong, capable of bringing down basic concrete walls with his bare hands, with the right tool of course. He's your typical meat shield, being incredibly durable due to his toughened hide and overwhelming bulk. He was built for anything but stealth, capable of regenerating shallow wounds with some focus, while deeper wounds take some help from special equipment usually kept on hand. Due to his incredible size, he's very slow and clumsy, until he's enraged. When enraged, although still very slow, he feels nothing that would slow him down... he also remembers nothing. He doesn't distinguish between friend or foe, only on his target, or anything that is otherwise attacking him. To bring him back, everything must be dead, dead silent, or very very dark.
    Berserking is chemically induced, often prepared with 10 supplies of compound each time he leaves the base. Also, being genetically mixed with subterranean fungus, his digestive system is capable of surviving on most biodegradable material. On occasion, but never while berserking, he is able to produce a small short range hallucinogenic cloud of spores, and its only regenerated once he has consumed proper food and water, and had plenty of rest. This genetic configuration also allows low light vision and extreme durability towards force effects, but makes him vulnerable to extreme temperatures.

Appearance:6'2" With dark tan skin. His skin appears incredibly soft and smooth upon first glance, however its incredibly durable and leathery. Masraik is permanently bald, incapable of growing hair. His physical appearance is smooth, clear and incapable of scaring with his regeneration.
    He's pure bulk, larger than the largest man. Weighing 380lbs on a normal day, 460lbs when he berserks. If he ever had a neck, you wouldn't know. His bulk is a form of art, appearing to be sculpted to shape out of mahogany. Looking Haitian in physical appearance, with the flat nose, large lips, and slightly slanted eyes, he's otherwise unique in his stern stature. Although one would think that he'd crush under his own mass, he stands very upright, with a sense of nobility or power, as if he thinks he's better than anyone not his superior.
    Always clad in tactical Kevlar pants and shirt, with non-glare black plating hewn into the weave of the clothing. The cloths and plates are form fit to the ridges of his own body making for easier movement. Legs and arms the size of tree trunks, this roving mass is almost as wide as he is tall, coincidentally, making him an "easy" slow moving target...

Weapons: Usually strapped to his back, appearing to be a massive scarab shell, is a two segment alumantium "shield" if you will. The sides of the shield, painted with the same non glare tactical black, hide the fact that they are in fact razor sharp. Due to the alloy, the weapon is incredibly light yet durable, and won't lose its edge from cutting a few bones. This shield doubles as his preferred weapon, being separable in the center, working as individual blades for each arm, shaped as half shields for each arm, and capable of being swung with ease.
    A mechanism with the right shield allows it to fan out into a claw like device for reaching out about 20 feet... think of a praying mantis arm, it is slashed downward with, with little accuracy. The left half holds within its handle a force gun of moderate power, but with minor accuracy. Mostly it serves to defend against ranged attacks with the right half, while charging in head first while firing from the left shield. Overall, it stands about 6 foot tall, and adds about 120 lbs to Masraik. The reach added to each arm is about 3 feet forward, 1 foot back past the elbow.
    Otherwise, if it isn't his weapon, he almost certainly refuses to use it. His fists are his proof that he's better than his opponent.

Specialties:As would be obvious with a monster such as Masraik, he excels in long term combat and tactical melee combat. He's the forefront of most battalion fights, or the solo operative that is sent to create a back door where none exists. With his self sustainability, hallucinogenic, and minor regenerative abilities he's the man for taking out the guards, and if things go downhill, his berserking is for taking on whatever of the barracks come at him.

Bio: Masraik remembers everything, except when he blacks out. A new genetic experiment, testing new theories for psychological stability the Protocols stumbled upon a powerful berserker, Masraik. Hard to subdue, and even harder to contain, Masraik has always been closely watched from all sides. Upon creating a controllable berserking system, it seems to have drastically lowered and controlled the unstable mentality of the original pure ones from the multiple certain deaths. However, an unruly individual with a semi god complex, Masraik is still tame when it comes to his superiors and ancestors. There is no greater respect than for those who he knows are greater "gods" than himself, however little respect for those of impure creation. Still fairly "young" Masraik knows not much of the world, however there is always this nagging memory of a life that he didn't live. It's assumed that there is a genetic impurity in his system somewhere that was unaccounted for in his creation... and Masraik won't let the Protocols subdue him long enough to get rid of it...

Enjoy! I hope it works.

*pokes*
    *pokes again*
    *whispers*
    you forgot the top half of the character sheet: Name, Generation, Type, Gender (I think that's all...correct me if I'm wrong...)

Just trying to be helpful. ^_^
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Post Fiend
    hehe yeah he did, but I know what he had so its all good, He's a male, 2nd gen Pure One (he ok'd this with me) His name is Masraik.

Alright everyone, even Ren, is approved at this point. I will start the IC on Monday, at which point signup will close (I'm out of town till Mon.) Have a great Weekend folks!

^-^ Yay!! ^_-

And right when the first REAL day of break starts!!

Veteran
    lol thanks. You know I have to give you a hard time GE. I'll stay within bounds. ^_^

*nudge* great to have you back. :)

Regular

Sorry!

Name: Masraik
    Sex:Male
    Gen: 1st gen
    Type: Pure one, second wave

Yea, I had to copy paste it from an email I sent out because my comp crashed and erased the text document it was all in... sorry didn't realize it wasn't in the email.

GE, is there a Gabriel pool, and if so, can you tell me the history?

I'm interested in joining but not having been part of the old thread, I'm not sure what's already been established.

If the pool isn't already taken/used by another character, then it's up to you to create the background for the different pools. You can name them and whatnot, so it all works. ^_-

WAAAAAAAY back during the first thread, i think it was, the original pool lines were based off of the angels of the Apocalypse, if my memory serves correct. But, from the looks of things, that has altered from the original. I know the second rendition of this didn't have as much emphasis on the remaining Angels of Apocalypse, so I think that he would accept yous. ^_- I would suggest writing up a sheet so he can take a look at it on Monday, when he can come back. ^_-
    Last edited by Mireldeyn; 08-03-2009 at 14:32.

Veteran
    Liz - You are incorrect about the first one, handled by Yhamel Lurkes. That one was my favorite, but not the only one I've liked. I've liked them all. :) People just tended to lean to the whole angelic theme. In fact, that is where, i think the whole consortium/religion thing came, to subdue people. I believe, as well, in the first one, that the pure ones were almost all locked away because they became too dangerous to use. Also that Lucifer went exactly as his name had foretold and 'fell,' defecting to the consortium, helping bypass the protocol's security, and destroying the first and most advanced protocol facility, along with most of the original data on genetic manipulation. and the science teams that developed it. Thus the GELF were based on remaining data on the Pure ones, but the tech and material were not there anymore.

Ok, I meant the first one that GE ran...didn't know that there was one before his. Just goes to show how old you are. ^_-

*pokes*

I also spell my name with TWO 'z''s. ^_^ And this was just from what I remember...and, with as much medical crap that's wrong wtih me, my memory has proven to be faulty...*hates all B vitamins now*

Alright, here it is. Hope this is ok.

--

Name: Bryan
    Sex: Male
    Generation: 1
    Type: GELF (Gabriel pool)

Specialities: The Gabriel pool was designed with espionage and covert operations in mind. GELF from this pool posess expert skill in martial arts, side arms, survival and stealth infiltration.

Abilities: Due to enhanced musculoskeletal and nervous systems, Bryan posesses approximately twice the strength and half the reaction time of a human in peak physical condition. Adaptive enzymes from an artificial chromosone act as a natural anabolic steroid in his body, giving him superhuman endurance and a moderate "healing factor". He also has perfect night vision.

Appearance: Human male of asian ethnicity, approximately 5'11" tall and 30 years of age. He has buzz-cut black hair, chiseled features, and a lean, athletic physique. In the dark his eyes reflect light like a wolf's eyes - the only indication that he is in fact not human. He is almost always seen wearing black ballistic goggles and a lightweight armored bodysuit.

Weapons: Bryan's primary weapons are a tritanium wakizashi and a brace of kunai (throwing knives), which he carries strapped to his back and left leg, respectively. He also carries a silenced assault gun - a compact submachine gun capable of either full automatic or semi-automatic fire.

Bio: Bryan is a near-exact clone of the Pure One Gabriel; the first of many efforts to replicate Gabriel's psychological pattern. He is analytical, efficient, and posessed of Gabriel's extraordinary mental focus and fortitude. This has allowed him to perform covert operations nearly continuously for centuries, while suffering very little psychological degradation. He also has a dark sense of humour, and finds the nature of his existence rather amusing.

With Gabriel's permanent death in the Deus incident, he is the "oldest" GELF from his gene pool, with experience dating back to the period before the South American liberation.
    Last edited by Aewyn; 09-03-2009 at 21:48.

Thread Information