Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Archangel Protocols: Revival OOC

...crap, you have to log in/be a friend to see those...

gimme a little while, and I'll change the links....

EDIT: The links are correct now...for those of you who care...^_- lol
    Last edited by Mireldeyn; 20-03-2009 at 06:25.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Regular
    Holy freaking hell snow. I hate cold oh so much -.- I like sharp objects though! Ask GE... if he isn't still shooting jerk missiles at me >.> Or grenades for that matter!

lol. Those were taken a year ago in december. ^_- Snow and me have a mutual hatred: It makes things slick, tries to wreck my car, and hurts my horses feet and I curse it, keep my car on the road, and make it so that it CAN'T hurt my horses feet. ^_- I hate working in the stuff...
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Post Fiend
    hehe
    *belatedly gets tackle hugged by Asvar.

Nah, I figure I'm about done with you. You should count yourself lucky Huntess isn't around with her magical frying pan.

And yes, Mas does like his sharp objects. He even likes to make them on occasion.

Well, I don't like the cold, but Extreme Cold vs. Extreme heat I tend towards cold, simply because you can always put more clothes on but theres only so much you can take off.

That being said though, I live in an area considerd the subtropics, so... yeah.

Veteran
    Liz - We had to find a home for our horse. :( We couldn't afford to keep him anymore. The prices for feed and boarding were just getting insane. Now, though, he gets to prance around, in Dan Marino's back yard down in Ft. Lauderdale. ... No really, Dan Marino's back yard. A millionaire family adopted him. How cool is that? I miss ol' Jon boy a lot though. :(

and say, when did you get engaged? Did I miss that? (Referring to the ring on your left ring finger in the pics)

GE - Sorry for the absence. Didn't get a chance to post.

LMAO!! No, it's a purity ring...you know, the whole, "Wait until I'm married" shebang. ^_- I was just happy that I found an boy that really respected that promise. ^_-

That's sad about your pony. -_- *nods* But was least you were able to find a place for it. We are currently dealing with an abuse case of a stallion that we sold. Mom had lifetime breedings to the stallion, so in the contract she stated that if there was ever any evidence of abuse, she was allowed to bring who ever she wanted to on the property and take the horse back, because of the vested interest.

The people signed the contract. Now they are accusing my mom of theft and a bunch of other things. Mom had a vet go with her, and he body conditioned scored him at a 1 (on death's doorstep...I don't feel like explaining body condition scoring, so go here: http://www.shady-acres.com/susan/conditionscore.shtml if you want to know what it is. I've explained it waaay too many times in the last 2 weeks...and those pictures aren't even that accurate, our horse was/is worse than that...). The woman that was with my mom when she bought him didn't even recognize him. There is more, but I feel that it is too graphic in case we have younger people reading these things. If you want to know more, just PM me and I'll tell...

But you did the humane thing, and all that I'm saying is that I'm proud of you. ^_-

Oh, and the moral of my story (not to get too politic or anything): WE NEED TO REOPEN THE D@MNED SLAUGHTERHOUSES!!! THAT'S WHY THE HORSE MARKET IS SO $#!TTY, AND WHY THINGS ARE SO BAD FOR US HORSE PEOPLE. ECONOMY HAS A LITTLE TO DO WITH IT, BUT PEOPLE ARE LETTING THEIR ANIMALS STARVE BECAUSE IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE TO PUT DOWN THEIR ANIMALS, AND TOO EXPENSIVE TO FEED THEM!!!

/rant
    Last edited by Mireldeyn; 21-03-2009 at 19:38.

Post Fiend
    I concur Mir, the good intention of preventing the slaughter of horses for dog food and such has hurt far more horses more seriously than humane slaughter ever did. People need to remember that just because they can pick a horse up for cheaps does not mean they can keep it for cheap. I had a couple near my parents house try and pen a horse into an area of about an 1/8th an acre... my dog yeard was bigger than this enclosure. They thought it could survive on grazing only. Pretty soon it had nothing in the pen but dry dirt. Humane society got daily calls until it was taken away.

Regular
    There was a question about the protective capabilities of kevlar earlier, so here's some useful info directly from the creators websites.

http://www2.dupont.com/Personal_Prot...forcement.html

and

http://www2.dupont.com/Personal_Prot...html#appandacc

The main destructive thing for kevlar is UV radiation, it like decomposes it rapidly. Essentially, its good for cutting, slashing, bullet energy redistribution, flame retardant, heat absorption, and chemical contact. (Seeing as to this is futuristic, I'm going to say that they've upgraded it so that its all in the same outfit, not requiring different consistencies or weaves for the different resistances)
    Last edited by Masraik; 22-03-2009 at 04:44.

Post Fiend
    Sorry Mas, couldn't get my post to turn out right last night, decided to save it and try again sun morning. I'll get one up for you soon though, promise.

Sorry for the nonpostage yesterday...had too much garbage going on, that and I stayed up late to get Twilight on DVD at a release party (it was something like 25% off...and I couldn't afford it if I waited for another time).

I know, I'm a fan girl...*sighs and ducks head, abashed.* ^_-

Regular
    Omg Mir, get GE to post more! <Grr's at him>.

I don't know 2 things about twilight other than it is a book and movie about a vampire.

lol. Yea, well, I'm a nut for things like that...it was actually my old roomie from freshman year that made me read the first book, and then I went out abd bought the first and the other two (at them time), preodered the 4th, and went with a bunch of people to see the movie. ^_- I go to extrems sometimes, but...meh. 'Tis my life. ^_-

Veteran
    just wanted to let you all know we are having serious internet issues at my house. the power company pulled our phones out when they took from overhead to underground lines. I don't know how often I'll get to go on until it's fixed. I can't go on at work either. so I'll see if i can do something.

Post Fiend
    no worries Ren, take it easy, post as you can.

Post Fiend
    ooc:moving on to general combat tomorrow one way or another people.

Where are my posts?! Y'all were doing so well.

Thread Information