Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Valuri's Saga I

Star Wars: Valuri's Saga I

Sorry it's a little late, but here goes! The following is a teaser from the story I wrote a while back. It sets the time and introduces my main character, Valuri Sa'rea

------------------------------------------------------------------

Part One, Chapter One
    ~~Fall of the Jedi~~

The ominous padding of the feet of countless clones marching in unison was heard before seen. Some of the older teachers and Adepts were alerted to the danger through the Force, and they turned thier heads suspiciously to the temple doors. As the marching came closer, one of the Knights still in the temple told the younger Padawans and younglings to hide. Still more Jedi came into the main hall from the library and other adjacent rooms. They, too, felt the disturbance in the Force. Not the threat of death from the clones, but the vaccuum of Force energy that was approaching with them. Like a single black could in a sky of grey rainclouds, the rising strength of the Dark Side could be felt all the way to the Outer Rim, and this black cloud was its center. Spiking the sky with red lightening and tearing down the few pillars of light that remianed.

The temple doors began to open, and the Jedi behind them steeled themselves against the fate they knew was fourthcoming. They each knew none among them was strong enough to face this Dark Jedi. They each knew, however, that they must not give in to fear; A Jedi knows no emotion, there is only peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

A Knight by the name of Valuri Sa'rea stood at the front and recognized the Dark Jedi at the head of this clone force. It was Anakin Skywalker, at least, that was who he used to be. A small nudge in the Force from Valuri ignited his green lightsaber, sending an emerald overcast across the darkened room. The look in Anakin's eyes was dreadful. His soul was completely twisted by the Dark Side, and this attack was a child of that perversion. Valuri knew words were meaningless to Anakin now. Sliding his eyelids shut, Valuri slipped into the Force, feeling the ebb and flow of infinate power around him. Power he had barely begun to touch, to understand. Let the Force flow through you, his masters had instructed. Opening his eyes, he felt the immensity of the Force surround his body like a wave of surging water; clearing his mind and freeing his body.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

Raising his lightsaber vertically in front of him, Valuri poised his body to prepare for the impending confrontation. The clones were of no concern. Most Padawans could deflect blaster fire with ease, and the less experienced Knights could handle the rest, but if there was any hope of escape for them all, someone would have to keep Anakin occupied. Valuri knew he was outmatched, but Anakin's arrogance was sensational. His pride would be his downfall. Valuri truely felt sorry for Anakin. He had the potential to be a great, and wise Jedi Master. Even Yoda acknowledged his capability. In a different future, perhaps Anakin would have risen to Yoda's position on the Council. Perhaps he would have been a beacon of light for all young Jedi to follow and learn. But Anakin was selfish, afraid, and very angry. Instead of seeking serenity though the Force, he choose to succumb to his emotions and the result of that failure stood before Valuri spelling the doom of the Republic and the Jedi Order.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

Anakin's passion for power and his unattainable goal for peace in the galaxy drove him to the Dark Side. Valuri understood that in life, there must be death. In victory, there must be struggle. In peace, there must be war. War, perhaps the most misunderstood compulsion all sentient beings face. Everthing happens for a reason, to bring balance to the Force. It was said that Anakin would be the Jedi's saviour; that he would bring balance. The intensity of the Dark Side burning from him was evidence to the contrary. Anakin was a fool, and Valuri was not. Even now Valuri could see the Force in motion. Anakin's actions had consequences, as did all actions made by anyone. Master Yoda often said the future was difficult to see, and now Valuri understood why. He could not see the future, or get the simple suggestions of possible futures from which Yoda drew so much wisdom. However, Valuri could feel the Force shifting. Its indefinate progession. Somehow, he knew the consequences of Anakin's actions would be severe, not only for the galaxy, but for himself.

The clones raised thier blaster rifles. Lightsabers ignited behind Valuri as the young Knights and Padawans prepared to defend themselves.

"There is no death," Valuri broke the brief moment of silence, "there is the Force."

Anakin spread a wicked smile and lunged while firing his lightsaber into life, and behind him, a wall of blue blaster fire followed.

There is no death, there is the Force.
    Last edited by Shari Tana; 04-03-2009 at 06:05.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Okay, before I delve too much futher, I want to get the basics out of the way. First, this obviously takes place at the end of the Clone Wars, just after Order 66 is given. Most of the Jedi are still alive at this point, albeit not for very much longer. My first IC post will explain how Valuri survives, but for now, I want to get the character sheets in and learn a little more about your characters.

As far as you rank goes, its completely up to you. You can choose a Knight with or without a Padawan, or a surviving Padawan, but please keep the rank below Master.

Name:
    Race:
    Class:

Description:

Bio:

I know some players prefer to give an IC bio, but please give a small amount of background on your character, such as any major battles he/she participated in. They can include battles from Episodes I-III, or non-canon theatres.

For the Class section, I will use the system from Knights of the Old Republic, beacuse it makes the most sense. Guardian, Sentinel and Consular. The classes are simple: Guardians focus on lighsaber combat, Consulars focus on Force knowledge, and Sentinels and a balance of the two. All I ask is that your characters actions and thier approach to situations reflect this classification. Also, please note that the Jedi do not refer to themselves with these designations.

For your opening posts (you may post them whenever you wish), you onyl need to explain where your character is when Order 66 is issued and how he/she escaped. Other than that, pretty much anythign goes. You can either return to Coruscant, or end up with Yoda on Bail Organa's ship. Eventually, we will all end up on the ship, and the action will continue from there. I will begin with my IC once I am satisfied that all interested players have joined, and the story will commence.

This thread will serve both IC and OOC purposes, as we are not limited to the number of posts we can have in a single thread.
    Last edited by Shari Tana; 23-02-2010 at 07:24.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Valuri & Padawan

Name: Valuri Sa'rea
    Race: Kiffar
    Class: Guardian

Description: Valuri is an average-looking kiffar with brown hair and eyes. He is six feet tall and weighs 160 pounds. He is always wering his Jedi garments and cloak. He carries a green lightsaber and practices Form V lightsaber combat style.

Bio: Valuri was born an orphan on Kiffu. He was discovered at age two by a Jedi Knight and taken to Coruscant to train as a youngling. Valuri was made a Padawan at age 14 and trained under Tholme until the beginning of the Seperatist Crisis, at which time he joined Master Quinlan Vos, a fellow Kiffar. At age 26, Valuri passed the Jedi Trials and is Knighted a few weeks before the Emergency Powers Act is approved in the Senate. After the Battle of Geonosis, Valuri served in numerous battles in the Outer Rim until returning to Coruscant in 19 BBY seeking a Padawan of his own. He was assigned a 15 year-old Twi'lek female named Terri Hria. The following evening, Anakin attacked the temple.

Name: Terri Hria
    Race: Twi'lek
    Class: Padawan

Description: Terri is five feet tall and weighs 105 pounds. Like most Twi'leks, she is considered attractive to those who view aliens as such. Her skin is a pale green hue. As required by the Jedi Order for younglings, she still wears her Jedi Robes since she is just a day old Padawan. She uses a rare, yellow lightsaber crystal.

Bio: Terri was scouted by the Jedi on Ryloth shortly after her birth. He mother was poor and decided the life of a Jedi would be better than anything she could offer. Terri trained as a youngling until age 15 when she was assigned to Valuri Sa'rea as a Padawan.
    Last edited by Shari Tana; 11-03-2009 at 03:42.
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Name: Tyr Bendix
    Race: Corellian Human
    Class: Guardian

Description: Try is six feet five inches tall, and weighs in at around 220 pounds. His hair is blonde, but he tends to keep his head shaved. He has grown his beard and mustache out though. Tyr's lightsaber is a rare midnight shade of blue and he practices Form V Djem So.

Bio: Tyr is a Jedi Knight who's parents allowed him to be taken to Coruscant when he was only a few months old. He has a natural aptitude for the force, and could have trained to be a Consular, but instead preferred to train his skills in lightsaber combat. Tyr wasn't present at the Battle of Geonosis, he was on a peacekeeping mission to Iridonia, on the otherside of the galaxy from the battle, and unable to break away to join Mace and all of the others that took part in the battle. During the war, he took a Padawan, Ganice Kravhenn, whom he trained while they fought in many battles all over the outer rim. Two days before Order 66, his padawan was lost when an overwhelming ambush was sprung by the separatists on the planet Felucia, which he was helping to secure. Even though he is a Jedi and he isn't supposed to have emotions over her loss, he still grew to look at her like a brother does a sister, and is silently grief stricken. He left his post on Felucia and is making his way back to Coruscant to get some counciling by Mace Windu when he sensed the deaths of many force users, on intuition, he changed his next jump to go to Kashyyk, where he could still feel Yoda through the force. He arrived in system just as Yoda was being picked up by Bail Organa and Obi Wan and joined them as well

Approved, Eternal. One thing though, without more intense Force training, sensing another being outside the same star system would not be possible for a Guardian-archetype Jedi. Yoda was able to sense the deaths of all the Jedi because he is a very powerful Consular-archetype. Most other Jedi would not feel the deaths as he did. Any of them might feel the "disturbence in the Force" but not all would know it was from so many Jedi deaths. Remember, there is a war going on, and all loss of life creates a disturbence. :)

More people join!
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

True, shoulda thought about that one! It shoulda been a major disturbance in the force that he felt. But one strong enough that he knew things weren't right........ And not to mention the return order that started around the same time

Sorry if I'm a bit low on the Star Wars lore :) Took me a few hours to read through the forms, too :D

Name: Serra Phin
    Race: Human (truth be told I didn't even know there were even types of humans ><)
    Class: Padawan

Description:
    Short would be the... well short of it. She stands at four foot nothing, even with the extended help of her blazing red mane she calls her hair, messily combed back just so enough that it wouldn't get into her eyes during training. Her stature, however, belies her fiery nature, her adventurous and unquenchable soul always starving for new insight. Her erratic nature earns her weary if well-loved smiles from her tutors, who have their hands full trying to stem her uncontrollable urge to explode with emotion. Her eyes are icy blue, at odds with her personality and hair, and tends to be the first thing most people concentrate on.

Bio:

Sent to Coruscant at the slightly elder age of 4, she maintains that she has already learnt her basics from an old hermit in her home world, which remains a mystery even to this young child. She entered the monastery only with the clothes on her back and an odd lightsaber, that she claims was a gift to her from the old hermit. Most masters were confounded by the lightsaber, it's design at odds with most other forms of sabers. It's hilt was a foot and longer, it's blade extending nearly five feet long, giving the entire blade 6 feet of lethal discharge, and glowed the brightest white. Far too long for the child to wield, she instead adopts the shorter blade that extends around 3 feet in length normally used for an offhand weapon, much better suited to her stature, even though she still carries the massive weapon wherever she goes.

Serra was still in the process of being assigned a master when Anakin strikes the monastery, due to the sheer lack of knights available at the moment.

--

Done :D I won't introduce the hermit yet, maybe in a later part of the story when it's acceptable to introduce masters :)

- Edited - Edited and fixed :D
    Last edited by Horned15; 06-03-2009 at 01:54.

LOL, I was just saying that my char was a human and he was born on Corellia (Han Solo's home planet)

Nah apparently according to Wookiepedia there are supposed to be several sub-species of humans O_o

Confounding!

Oh, yeah? hmm never even realized that, of course I knew Mandalorians were I guess, but I didn't put much mind to it otherwise. Sub species probably comes from evolution on different planets I bet

Anything classified as human is exactly what you and I are, with no physical differences. Star Wars classifies anything that looks human with unique physical features to be near-human. The Kiffar are classified as near-human due to thier unique society and physical build. They're average height is also around 5'5" (1.7 meteres)

------

Horned - A 6 year-old would never be accepted into the Jedi Order, despite the circumstances. Anakin was the ONLY exception due to his connection to the prophecy. Also, the Clone Wars started in the year 22 BBY and ended with the Great Jedi Purge in 19 BBY (BBY = Before the Battle of Yavin). If the person who trained her was a Master, he would know better than to take on an apprentice without the Council's approval. The Master and the Padawan are carefully chosen to be matched with those with whom they would gain the most knowledge. It's not like the Sith that can just take on whoever they want.

Now, that being said, your character itself is fine, but the Master who trained her would need to be affiliated with the Council, not a hermit on some distant planet.
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Lol truth be told I know next to nothing on the Jedi rules and such, so I'm not entirely sure just how old you need to be to enter, could we have some guidelines for this?

No hermits? T_T

And I always thought Anakin was around 9+ when he signed up.

Anakin was allowed to be trained because they believed he was the child of a prophecy. As a rule, however, Jedi were trained from birth and taken no older than 2-4 years, when their memories will not be remembered when they're older.

Wookiepedia <- Go there and just type in a search for anything you want to know more about. Be warned though, it's really easy to spend hours there readign articles :P
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

... why was this moved to general talk? O_o

Its still in Roleplaying, at least now that I'm on here, Its hard to tell. I would listen carefully to Shari Tana about Wookiepedia, it tells a lot of interesting facts about star wars, last night, I spent almost three hours looking through there after finding some things like my chars lightsaber form and what not.

Thread Information