Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Valuri's Saga I

Take it RP

Post Fiend
    Yeah it was in General then got moved back

In any case I wish I had time to join this ><
    We'll see how it goes

Heh Wookiepedia is fun and all, but being rather busy at work it's hard to find time to reference everything, but I'll try :)

The hermit though I'd still like to try and keep. He's a master, but one that's left the Order to pursue a life of solitude. A little backstory will be explained later on, but if this isn't ok I'll change it :)

You can have him as a character you want to introduce later, but the character you posted is too old to join. You'll have to change her bio a little, I'm afriad.

On a side note, just so you guys know, I won't start the thread with a cast of less than 4, so ideally I would want two more to join.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Edited and changed to 4 :)

Sounds good, to me. You know, if this thread took place several thousand years B.B.Y. It would have been more common place, but the Jedi Order had became much more strict about the age of its learners before Order 66 than it had been thousands of years prior. Nomi Sunrider and Revan spring to mind (though Revan's second conditioning to become a Jedi was a special case like Anakin's was)
    I can patiently wait for more to join, I'm really interested in this thread, and patience is a virtue to have!!!! LOL

It's been 3 days... so I guess we'll just have to wait and see :\
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Name: Sephara Na
    Race: Twi'lek
    Class: Jedi Guardian
    Lightsaber Form: Form VII Juyo / Vaapad

Description:
    A slender and graceful Twi'lek, she retains an elegant and noble poise about herself which has subdued her feminine beauty, replacing it with a harder, more serious edge despite her alluring lekku (head-tails). Her skin is a radiant hue of turquoise. She stands just under 5'11" and weighs about 130 lbs.

Bio:
    Sephara was only 7 months when she was brought to the Jedi Temple. It was quickly remarked upon by many of her instructors how she reminded them of Master Windu with her incredible wisdom and gracious humility. Indeed, the two shared many similar personality traits, including a love of the art of fighting.

During her younger years her competitiveness was alarming to the Jedi around her and it was feared that continued training would bring about her fall. Master Windu had taken to watching the youngling in her development, and eventually took her as his Padawan at the tipping point when Sephara's desire for victory might have overcome her. Master Windu taught her his own Vaapad lightsaber form as a way to channel this dark weakness into a weapon for light.

Sephara went on to pass the trials at the early age of 20, and was a prodigy of Windu's until the day he died. Her phenomenal skill and intelligence had her on a path to becoming a Jedi Master. She was part of the strike team on Genonosis and some of her more notable feats include leading the reserves in the Defense of Kamino against Commander Merai and serving under Jedi Master Fisto to capture Mon Calamari.

Despite years of training, Sephara has never mastered Vaapad, granting her the title of the only Jedi to attempt to do so and not fall to the dark side. She instead employs Juyo and dual lightsabers while she continues to try to master control over the elusive Vaapad form. Under her control, however, is the force Shatterpoint ability.

Sephara's two lightsabers are both blue.

OOC: And here I thought there'd already been 21 IC posts and was all worried I'd fallen behind ^_^

Veteran
    I would love to play, but unless other threads nose-dive, i won't be able to.

You can post a character if you want Ren, and introduce him/her at some other time.

We seem to have a flux of Guardians, so it should be interesting to see how things play out. I would really like to see another person join... so I'll give the thread till Monday before officially beginning. If you guys want to go ahead and post intros or some background, feel free to get in touch with your characters. I've already worked out all of the plot details of what's going to happen next, all that remains is what you all add to it :)

So, things will get rolling on Monday. Hopefully we can attract a few more after we've posted a bit, if none are able come "go time."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

OOC: I can change my character. I wanted to do a more Consular type Jedi originally, but I started reading up on Mace Windu and that kind of took over :p I kind of feel like I just made a female version of Mace Windu anyways :p Haha, speak of the devil, was just turning channels and A New Hope is on ^_^ I'll redo later today.

You don't have to change it if you don't want to Geco. I'll just have to wrok in some extra-tough physical enemies, and less Force-reliant sitations. The Shatterpoint skill your character has is somewhat advanced for a Knight, but I've seen your writing and trust you not to abuse it, which is why I hadn't mentioned it before. Also, there's no reason you can't choose a Sentinel-archetype character. Thier lightsaber skills would be nothing to scoff at, and they have more advanced Force knowledge as well, though not to the point of a pure Consular.

Anyway... expect the IC around this time tomorrow.
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Beginning of the End - Order 66

OOC: At this point, the IC has started! Give your posts thought and I encourage you to place yourselves in your characters' shoes. I expect this should be pretty fun. On with the show...

IC:
    The Force. Once thought by some to be magic; supernatural. In truth it is the most natural of all things. The very essence of the power that binds the universe. Its influence is unshakable, unerring, incorruptible... perfect. It exists in all things, living or not. It is neither Light or Dark; good or evil; right or wrong. It simply is. Only mortals have labeled it Light or Dark, as indicated by the wielder's actions. But the Force is not under the control of any, but the servant of all who know how to use it... or abuse it. It won't take sides, for it can't win or lose. It is The Force.

---

Voices, marked by thier similarity. Padded footsteps falling across the cold, unlit floors of the Jedi Temple. The clone troopers were giving the sacred temple one last sweep, looking for the students within. Most were already dead, thier bodies cast on the ground and broken. The Jedi Code mandates that fallen Jedi are to be burned, and become one with the Force. Instead, the young innocent lives lost in this most revered of places will only see the dark bottom of a mass grave.

But not all was as it seemed to the clones as they searched.

"I am not important. You should return to your patrols," spoke a voice, hooded and cloaked in a dark storage room. "All is clear here."

"This one's not important. We should get back. This room is clear," the clone obediantly replied, ordering his fellows out of the room and back into the main hall. Slowly, over about an hour, a majority of the clones left the temple.

Valuri Sa'rea moved out of the storage room, clutching his side. It wasn't easy to feign death to another Force-user. Anakin was no longer in the system, however. Shortly after the massacre, he left, presumably to further ruin ten millinea of Jedi heritage. Valuri was not still at the temple to liberate it, however. He could sense the life of a new aquaintence, deeper in the temple's corridors. He met his Padawan only twelve hours ago. He told her that her life was about to become much more complicated. He didn't realize that meant running and hiding for what remained of it. Right now, his priority was to find Terri, and leave the temple.

Searching his feelings, he could detect her below him. Moving silently and avoiding remaining clones, his senses led him to the entrance to the Trials Chamber, where a small unit of troopers were attemptign to enter though force. Three charges were set on the door. Valuri smirked at his Padawan's resourcefulness. The Trials were a test of one's ability to promote to Padawan, Knight, or in some cases, even Master status. The clones backed away from the door as they prepared to blow the charges. Once they had cover, Valuri moved closer, walking quickly and as quietly as possible behind them. As the sergent leading the group pressed the detonator, Valuri ignited his saber and lunged, using the Force to boost his speed slightly. He dispatched two of the clones before they even knew he was there. The remaining two opened fire, but missed Valuri wholly in thier haste. Throwing his hand at the clones, palm out, Valuri sent the two flying throught he newly opened door. Seconds later, fuzzy yellow glow broke through the dust and dipped twice towards the ground.

Valuri deactivated his saber as Terri Hria, his new apprentice, walked out from the rubble. The young Twi'lek was wounded from blaster fire on her arm and leg. Both were glancing blows, but she was still obviously very distressed. Terri reached her master and disarmed her saber as she collapsed into Valuri's arms. Valuri smiled slightly, thankful that at least one of the Padawans has escaped Anakin's fury. He would have to ask her how she managed once they were safe.

Ignoring his own wounds, and usign the Force to numb the pain, Valuri made his way to the hangar. Once there, he saw a number of Jedi starfighters along with a pair of ARC-170's. One of those would be his ticket out of this mess. All he had to do was figure out how to get past the fifty or so clones offloading from a docked transport.

Terri stirred in his arms and he laid her on the groud behind the crates that served as his camoflauge. "Easy, now. We're in the hangar."

She opened her eyes and looked up at Valuri, "Master?" she sat up, crouching nest to Valuri, "Thank you. I'm not sure how much longer I could have held out."

"It is my duty to protect you as well as teach you, my Padawan. The fact that you managed to survive at all is very impressive. Not many others were as fortunate..."

Valuri trailed off as movement in the hanger caught his attention. The clones began loading back onto the transport very quickly, leaving only a handful of guards. Valuri narrowed his eyebrows. Something was drawing them away. Some kind of distraction in the temple.

"I hope you're feeling better, Terri. You're about to get a crash course in narrow escapes. See the ARC over there on the landing platform? Get over to it and prepare to buzz out of here. Make sure it has fuel. We won't get far in that tank without anything to run on."

"What about you Master?"

"I'm going to have a chat with the guards," Valuri smirked and dashed out from the crates. Terri moved not long after him in the opposite direction.

Taking a thermal detonator from a nearby falled clone, Valuri made his way towards the clones as stealthily as possible. They were gathered in a group near where the transport undocked and were conversing among themselves. Once he was close enough, Valuri armed the detonator, and gripped it with the force. He guided the small bomb across the floor quickly at first, then slowed as he neared the clones. He stopped it behind a console just a few feet from the clones. Looking over at the ARC, he saw Terri in the cockpit beginning ignition. He raised the detonator over the edge of the console and released it. It bounced off the edge on onto the controls, the impact starting the timer. It rolled off the console controls, beeping rapidly, and hit the ground at the center of the group of clones. The engines of the ARC fired as the detonator released its inferno, instantly killing the troopers.

Dashing across the hangar, Valuri jumped into the ARC's gunner seat, and the cockpit slid closed behind him.

"Just so you know Master," Terri spoke somewhat unsuredly, "I have never flown before."

Valuri's head snapped up, but the heavy starfighter roared into the Courescant skylanes before he could say anything. Flying over the temple, he saw the scatted bodies of clones all over the courtyard. Someone had survived after all. And they had come back.

Just as the ARC escaped the atmosphere and into space, three V-wings appeared on Valuri's radar. "Don't use your consoles, Terri. Use the Force. Let it guide your hands. Feel what will happen, not what is already happening. As soon as we are clear, jump to hyperspace. Those V-wings don't have hyperdrives," Valuri instructed as he rerouted the rear guns to the main gunner controls.

"Okay, Master..." she replied, the tension in her voice as audiable as her words. She activated the afterburners as red laser fire blazed past the wingtips and bounced off the rear deflector.

Reality slowed as Valuri concentrated ont he Force. In doing so, he felt something deeply reassuring coming from Courescant. A presence of widsdom and power. "I sense Master Yoda..."

OOC: Where you make your entrance is up to you, however you post should include your escape from certain doom. In case you missed it, the time is the morning after the attack on the Jedi Temple. By this time, most of the clone commanders have recieved Order 66, though it is possible that not all have gotten it just yet. Happy posting!
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Tyr was in the depths of hyperspace, the hyperdrive in his fighter humming loudly and allowing him to meditate even more deeply. In his mind, he was travelling the paths that he had followed over the course of the war. But his meditation was continually disturbed by memories of her, flashes of her vibrant smile, and her delicate skills with her fighting techniques. The feelings that were coursing through his body were alien, he was trained not to feel these feelings. He was a Jedi, he wasn't allowed the attachments that were tearing him apart inside.
    Two days prior, he had left his post on the planet Felucia, no longer able to continue to fight. He was a natural born warrior, his size and speed and abilities with his lightsaber had been honed to a point, but when Ganice had parished in a ambush. She was leading a patrol that he had assigned her, one that was supposed to be fairly safe for her. He had felt a disturbance in the force at the moment of her death and was told moments later by a clone commando that she along with the majority of her patrol had been wiped out. He had suddenly felt as if the world had been stripped away from him. He needed to speak with a one of the Masters still on Coruscant, he knew that Mace Windu was still there, but the one that he really wanted to speak to was Yoda. But he was on Kashyyk fighting to hold off the enemy there.
    He had wasted no time getting into his fighter and blasting out of the atmosphere of the planet, his mind wandering, he had absently set up a series of jumps that took him in a round about way to the core. He had hopskotched his way from one wayward planet after another, trying to decide how he had failed Ganice so badly before finally working his way toward Coruscant.
    He was still intenly focusing on trying to find a way to release his attachment to her when he felt it. It was small thing at first, a tiny disturbance, like the ones he felt every day. But it began to build, growing and getting stronger, until the disturbance completely broke his meditation altogether. He knew that something was wrong, he had been a member of the Jedi Order for nearly all of his life, and he had never felt a disturbance this strong before. It didn't seem to be focused in one place or another, but seemed to be spread out and coming from everywhere at once.
    A moment later the hyperdrive kicked off and his fighter came into realspace in the middle of a small no named system halfway to the core from where he had been coming from. The disturbance continued to wash over him in waves, it was bothering him so badly that he was sweating now. He quickly brought up his chart and looked for his distance from Kashyyk, something urging him to go there all the sudden. Rather than fight the urge he punched in the coordinates and initated his jump again, this time headed back out toward the outer rim

Not long later, Tyr wasn't sure how long, his fighter slipped out of hyperspace at the fringes of Kashyyk's gravity well in time to see a Correllian ship hanging in orbit, that appeared to be in the stages of a fast exit from the system. As he watched, a tiny pod rose from the atmosphere of the planet and docked with the ship. As soon as he stretched out with the force, he felt the gentle and yet strong mind of Master Yoda now. At a glance, Tyr glanced at his boards and noticed the ship was a consular ship registered to Alderaan, Bail Organa's ship he thought.
    Deciding that he had no choice but to get ahold of the ship, he opened his comms channel," This is Jedi Knight Tyr Bendix, requesting to dock with the Tanative IV."
    A moment of silence followed," This is the Tanative IV, Jedi Bendix. You have permission to dock, please observe radio silence. There is need for some secrecy right now.
    Not fully understanding what the need was for, he nonetheless clicked his mic once in reply and pulled into the docking bay on the ship. The whole time thinking that things were going from bad to worse.
    He was amazed that Bail Organa was waiting for him in the hold when he got out of his fighter," You are Jedi Tyr Bendix I presume?" he waited for Tyr to nod," There is much for you to learn in the coming hours, we just picked up Masters Yoda and Kenobi and we are heading to Coruscant as we speak. I will unite you with your fellow Jedi and you can discuss all that is happening with them.
    Tyr wrinkled his brow," What is happening?
    Bail shook his head," It is something that would be best to be heard from the masters of your order young knight. It is not my place to bear news of that magnitude to you," he turned around and began to walk away, beckoning after him for Tyr to follow.
    Tyr only shrugged his massive shoulders and followed after. The shadow that had been hanging over him the last two days only growing darker. Something wasn't right. How did Master Kenobi get to Kashyyk? Wasn't he on Utapau? .
    He entered the room that the two masters were using, immediately he knew that something was terribly wrong. Rarely did anyone see a Jedi Master worried. But here both of them looked years older and they wore solemn faces.
    Tyr bowed to both of them for a moment," Master Yoda I came here to find out what it was that I felt in the force several hours ago?"
    Yoday regarded him for a moment, as if studying him," Gone they are. Dead are many of the Jedi Knights that defended the Republic. Going to Coruscant we are to find out why."
    The news stuck Tyr hard, the deaths of the majority of the order in only a few moments.......

There was a pall of fear that hung over the Temple. It was tangible, almost, like a curtain of static, crackling and dancing across the walls like some crazed primitive celebration. She felt it long before she even saw the Temple. Her monthly exercise of escaping the boredom of the Temple to visit the sprawling city floor was the only reason why she still breathed the musty breath of sweat and waste.

It had never before tasted so sweet, nor had it left so bitter an aftertaste.

She could hear them, noises of unfamiliar feet, scratching and screaming on the marble floors of the Temple. They sang like broken holos, unwelcome in the halls of heroes, these murderers. She felt their bodies before she saw them. Friends, rivals, acquaintances and masters, mixed with the bodies of men bred for war. Her tears blur her vision. Emotions flooded her like a rainstorm, drenched in a turbulence of broken melodies, each screaming to be heard. Fear, anger, timidity, disbelief, cowardice, so many more that she did not fully understand nor fully appreciated. She ran at the sight, her terror overwhelming her training and senses, towards a haven she did not begin to know where, stumbling over her small feet in her hurry.

She knew she had to be calm, to fight the hurricane in her unguided mind, to be still her soul, to understand her situation so that she may be free of it.

Words, like so much water, break upon the shores of the unbreakable rock of terror.

"Stop, Serra!"

Hands, strong yet gentle, held her head close. Her smell was familiar, warm scented and firm. She looked up to the face of Knight Parinia, her gentle blue eyes cast in a mask of red, coalescing pools of blood. Her scalp was mostly gone, fried by blaster or torn by impact. Her body shuddered with each gasping breath, lifeblood oozing from her temples as she held the young padawan tight, as if she were a lifeline to the mortal realm.

"Serra, you must flee. Whilst I am still able to move, you must run. Run as far as you can, to the darkest regions of space you can find. Whilst a Jedi still lives, so does the ideals of the Order. Wipe your tears, show me your smile. Good girl, good girl. I will have you escape, dear Serra, and I will give my life for yours, so that you may yet save what little we have of our precious Order. Your mind is yet untested, ill-prepared for what you must face alone, but you must steel yourself, dear Serra, and remember what we have thought you, what I have strove to teach you whilst under my care. Go, now, and fear not the darkness, and live."

Her last words still rang deep in her soul as space around her stretched into infinity, her course set for a system she has never known. The image of the Knight that took care of her for what seems to be her entire life, fending off blaster fire with her one good arm, watching it punch holes in her body, blood and bone bursting out from her back, her broken body laying prostrate as the flyer sped off into the atmosphere, broke the last strings of restraint she had, and she wept in her cockpit, till fatigue took away the last ebbs of terror, and the weight of sleep took over, the constant pace of a red, beeping screen her only companion in the darkness of space.

---

ooc: As I'm not quite sure where we're supposed to head to I'll just leave it at that and appoint a target location when we get to it.

Thread Information