Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for someone to take over management of #strategy

Looking for someone to take over management of #strategy

I'll be resigning from active leadership in my kingdom by eoa, and I'll also be pulling out of community involvement. To accomplish that, I wish to hand over #strategy if there is someone competent with the dedication and the desire to uphold its values.

For those who don't know it, #strategy is a 2 year old IRC channel on UtoNet (irc.utonet.org) for general Utopia discussion and random spamming, originally focused on strategy discussion. It's meant to be a safe haven for nubs and a zone void of asshats, something that has proven to be a winning formula as it has grown steadily in activity and members over time and now has an average of 160 players idling every day.

Its main purpose is to be a place where you can always get a quick and fairly sensible answer to your questions, as well as getting input on your strategies. It's also a good place to meet/recruit/date/stalk players, many new friendships have been formed there.

This offer applies mainly to channel regulars, but you're also welcome to inquire if you're a newcomer to the channel as I won't be abandoning it right away. If you're interested, hop into #strategy and send me a PM.

catt and octobrev need not apply.
    Last edited by Catwalk; 04-03-2009 at 16:57.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

Regular
    Does this mean no more lobbying ?
    Viva La Revolución

Yes, I don't plan on being involved with OMAC anymore and doubt I'll be posting much on these forums. Maybe a compilation of ideas once or twice a round :)

sad =(
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

You interested Shockwave? Nubs <3 you, one of them sent me a PM praising you after you helped him out.

I'm confused, you finally get legal trading and you walk?

/me scratches head
    S E C R E T S

He realized legalized cheating didn't make him any less of a cheater, and only made it harder for him to compete.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

I would take over, but I couldn't keep up the same set of values as you, for example, anyone who target shares a hacked prov would get a kickban instead of an invite. Darn!
    S E C R E T S

its definitely a start, as utopia loses a prominent noob who held too much esteem in this community. maybe now regrowing the game will be possible.

It's mainly personal reasons. I can't justify keeping up my involvement in Utopia even if I wanted to. I'll still have a small role in my kingdom and settle for that.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    OMAC's biggest fan finally gives up on them...

Post Fiend
    Yet, instead of inquiring in the channel itself, where the bulk of the dedicated idlers hang out, you choose to solicit the position here. Doesn't provide much sense unless your true intentions further to 1. Promote the channel further (why else would you provide a detailed yet redundant descriptions if your only targetting future administrators of the channel) 2. disclose of your retreat from utopia in order to garner words of affection/appreciation from others.

call me paranoid but out of 4 paragraphs, only the second sentence vaguely specifies what you're looking for.
    Last edited by complacent; 04-03-2009 at 19:23.

Catwalk's like Rocky, only he lost to the underdog when it came to popularity, fame, and fortune.
    Catwalk's crusade for legalized cheating was a stunning success, with ghettos and low-tiered teams everywhere losing their wells of knowledge to better kingdoms in the process.

Step one: replace everything that works.
    Step two: blame the predictable epic fail on outside forces.
    Step three: keep the community informed that no progress has been made since the last update.
    Step four: thank you for your patience.

Post Fiend
    Maybe Catwalk got a girlfriend. One that is good with comprimise and gave him until the end of the age.

Or maybe his current girlfriend gave him an ultimatum... the phone rang one too many times at 2am because one of his provinces armies was home for 3 minutes and hasn't attacked yet because he had to take a **** but CW is the only one with all the login info.

Palem, I think fan is unreasonable. I had a lot of optimism and a lot of hope, it was not redeemed. I don't think it's worthwhile spending more time on that now, I'll be focusing on my kingdom instead.

complacent, the second paragraph explains the purpose, values and ideals of the channel. Which is what I'd like to see carried on. Qualifications are fairly obvious, be active/knowledgeable/tactful/assertive/social and uphold #strategy values. I did put a link to this thread in the channel topic as well, it's simply more practical to have it here. And yes, I'm always looking to advertise #strategy. It's an asset to the community.

VTnub, you're delusional as always. Good to know that some things never change.

jennahaze, I wish. And I wish my kingdom had the activity that would result from the practices you mention. Kindly go away troll.

Thread Information