Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghetto trying to raise up: Needs active players

Ghetto trying to raise up: Needs active players

I'm running a ghetto. We have about 15 provinces total, with 2-3 inactives, and another 2-3 awaiting activation. There is myself and one other province who are dedicated to the game and the kingdom, as well as another 5-7 who actively participate in kingdom activities (wars, inactive cleanup, etc).

I have very specific goals set up for everyone - that they use Angel, Pimp, and the Forums - as well as being active in attack/sundry ops. However, I lack the ability to compel my kingdom to follow my lead. I am an A/M, and I try to make at least one attack a day, if not two or three, as well as casting spells. We've had one war so far, and we lost, simply because of inactivity. In the ~56 hour war, I made 6 attacks, and my second in command made 3, with several other provinces making between 2-3 attacks. The rest of the kingdom made no attacks.

I'm not trying to deceive anyone. We have a horrible kingdom right now. We're in the bottom 50 (out of ~750 kingdoms).

The position of monarch will not be handed over, but potentially the page/second-in-command could be, if you prove your willingness to be active etc.

Thanks.

(And please no spam, I know we're a ghetto, we don't need to be reminded)
    dz comin at ya

Postaholic
    Good to see you not letting the situation get you down. Best of luck building up :)
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

GL.. Try recruiting friends of yours and of your kd mates.. Those are usually ppl that would stay longest as they are bonded more than just ingame :]
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

would be good if you could merge willing Kingdoms in this position.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Enthusiast
    yea listen to hurlin ^^

Post Fiend
    hmm.. yeah better to merge kds its easier to raise kds that way

Postaholic
    not really

merges dont work well unless u r close friends to the other kd to begin with. otherwise u get a bunch of ppl who thinks they know it all, and the merge will work for like 2 weeks then break up

In the past merges failed because it was two Kingdoms with two separate identities forced to "share the same bed"; if they are willing then you can run this forum in a similar way they currently are for individuals who wish to find a new Kingdom but add a sub category of Kingdom instead of province.

Kingdoms wishing to merge can contact each other via this forum and find out if they are compatible ..... that was the willing part of my message.
    IMPERIALS KLA

Postaholic
    do you/are you trying to use irc?

This is the kind of thing I would love to do were I not in a kingdom I liked.

Get IRC, it's far more important than everything else.
    S E C R E T S

it's hard enough just to get everyone to join pimp and be active in utopia in general. they're not ready for irc. if we had some more active members, however, then yeah, it'd become an option.
    dz comin at ya

Regular
    Best of luck! sounds like you have an amazing journey ahead of you; i wish you the best and i've send you PM aswell.

I have one advice- don't get into wars you know you can't win, even if it is for training. I never had problem having a war just for fun, even thou I know we will loose, but I found out that most people can't handle it. They just need that little stupid number even if the other kingdom surrendered out of boredom...

That way you will have less people defecting away.
    ILM.

Post Fiend
    hmmm.. if you get tired of trying to get your players up and going...

you and 4 of your most active can always join me we have open spots atm...

PoG, define most active... Sometimes most active are far from active enough :]
    OLDSCHOOL

Inferno of Absalom
    The Gay

Thread Information