Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Archangel Protocols: Revival IC

Regular
    ooc: the weapon, with little detail, can be used as a rail gun with a 4-5 second charge time between shots, or as one of those new military weapon that fire out thousands of metal ball bearings a minute using magnetic forces. Pretty much you can have armor piercing, or high rate of fire armor crushing... the current military force of one of these turns a cinder block wall to dust in like 3 seconds due to pure amounts of ammo firing out.

Realizing now that the liquid silver half of his shield was in fact ammunition, not a weapon in itself, Masraik set down his shield in a huff. <I don't need any long ranged cheatery.> The weapon was in fact a "long" ranged projectile weapon, but not your run of the mill version. From what he could tell, the blade of his right half would rotate in conjunction with one of the added mechanisms, causing a magnetic propulsion system and pull the silver part of the shield in as ammunition. It looked like it could be used as a high powered charged rail gun, with high quantities of ammunition, or at an accelerated pace as a large projectile weapon, shooting out round balls of solid metal at alarming armor piercing pressures. <If I use that high rate fire though, I'll run out of ammunition in less than a minute... but it could be useful to sweep the field of trash if needed.> It also consisted of the MINAM system which would recreate the ammunition over time. How much time, he wasn't sure. If he relied on the rail gun system, it shouldn't run out of ammunition... it was only built for high powered mid range firing, but it still had to charge the power required to use it as a rail gun.

Impressed, but trying not to show his excitement over having a longer ranged toy, Mas sat down to the surprising scent of Elk. "Oh Kindle, you've outdone yourself again! I love your meals!!!" Reaching under his seat, he pulled out what may as well have been a 5 gallon bucket of meat and potatoes. He shoveled in the savory meat, but enjoyed every ounce of it.

Completely engrossed in his meal, he half missed the message that they were about to the drop point. Azrael tossed him his custom gel cannon in mid mastication and nearly choked. Mas stood up, grabbed up everything he'd need and put it on as best he could. <I prefer the drops where I can just land my style... with all this junk I barely have room for my personal equipment!> Mas checked mentally everything he'd need. He had his wonder pocket under the armor full of his now empty serum containers for just in case chemical sampling, his mini screen personal computer (shut down to avoid any electronic signal detection), his bag of one month rations in his armored belt case on his back, along with a basic toolkit for electrical and mechanical work in the metal case next to it on his spine. On the left side of his back was the data ripper, encased for protection and ready for quick use. All of it was well silenced by a similar gel constitute as the gel cannons, yet this concoction didn't rot.

Mas strapped on his shield to his chest since his back had to have the parachute. In his right arm, he held the cannon, and in the left he had the case that held the antimatter bomb. When he landed, he'd strap it onto his back for better shielding and transport. If all else failed, he could hand it off to one of the scouts.

Flying was not one of his preferred activities, and jumping from flying objects was even less pleasurable. Mas flung himself out of the back of the aircraft and quickly zoomed down to Azrael's altitude. It was an uneventful landing... the chute went out as it was supposed to, the gel hit the ground as it always did, but every time Masraik swore up and down that he'd never do it again as he hit the ground with enough impact to jar his bones. Also, the gel's smell was unpleasant and tended to linger.

Removing the parachute harness so that it could continue to disappear, Mas tried his best to keep low. He was more often than not the reason for the enemy spotting the squad before intended. After putting the bomb on his back, he readied his shield in one hand and waited for orders.

ooc: sorry for any bad grammar or poor writing, just got a migrain and I wanted to get my post in.
    Last edited by Masraik; 25-04-2009 at 00:18.

Veteran
    OOC: Perfectly fine mas. :)

IC:

Quantas nibbled on some venison jerky, that had been in a box under the seat for most of the flight. Finding it was due to Kindle, he raised his half-eaten smoked jerky to her in thankful salute with a satiated grin. Ahh... Comfort food. Second checking his gear, he took the chute and gun from Azreal with a nod. He landed and immediately went on the move. There was no time to waste, after all. They were only a mile from the entry position. "10-4," Longview replied.

Longview stopped, covered by an errant tree and bush, and took a look at the nests that he had picked out before. "Heh, I knew it," he mumbled after a few minutes of spotting when he found optics scanning around old El Paso. It would have been folly, had the protocols dropped them on that old flat wasteland. It had been decayed and overgrown by this time by desert sands blowing in, brush, and random spotting of trees; hardly the cover they would require for a limited stealth assault. Rather, having dropped a little south west of the entry point, they had the high ground from behind. Regardless of what they had on their side, there wasn't much they could do to spot them once they hit the ground. The angels were so versatile that the rough rocky terrain of the west and the jutting steep mountains with their thin air were a very weak obstruction. The terrain was on their side.

He loaded the rail rifle quickly and quietly. The matte-black finish of the rifle made it a sort of black hole. Longview slowly sat with his leg bent and gun against his shoulder. Resting the barrel on his knee, he lined his shot up and waited. Will he look this way? Can I keep him alive and not risk him missing the call-in? he thought. It would be better to keep him alive until the assault force was moving in. He would be in radio contact constantly until the last moment that way, and keep them in the clear as long as he wasn't looking in their direction.

Quantas saw the arc of the sniper's vision carry only a hundred degrees across El Paso and the mountain line. That would mean that to cover the west they would have another sniper nest within his view crossing his own. If there were only three nests, then they would have one on the mountain line directly south of the entrance looking north. Though the peak of Cheyenne would obstruct his view. They would have to have four nests for full coverage. The question was, would it be looking north from the peak, or looking south to the peak about a mile north-north-west?

"Q1 to A1 - bird's nest on peak west of target. 100 degrees southwest El Paso. Advise possible four nests, wide berth Northwest from current position," he reported in almost sublingual whisper. "Freezing in place. Keeping the egg in the nest." In the most slim of chances that they hit the one in a million radio frequency to allow interception of that one message before their team's com sync'd and switched before the next transmission, he gave away no positions or monikers. Sometimes it happens. Extremely rare as it is.

OOC: I suggest that you all look at Cheyenne Mountain on google satellite. Preferably google earth program so you can view terrain in 3d.

Regular
    Matthias looked at the gun he was handed weird. 'I hate these things' He thought to himself as he stepped to the back as Azrael opened the hatch. 'Always feels so...weird.' Strapping the parachute on as a few others started to jump out, he fell right in. His job was recon and stealth, so clearing the area would be partly his concern along with the few snipers on the team.

Diving downwards through the air much like a diver on a swim team, he caught up to Azrael's parallel before pulling the chute once land was in sight. Waiting for a few moments longer, he fired the cannon and slightly flinched as the gel hit the ground...followed by himself. Stepping out of the ooze-like liquid 'Hot damn this stuff sucks...every freaking time.' Thinking, slightly annoyed, as he checked himself and his gear over.

Listening to Quantas' discoveries as he ventured out to clear a path, he found himself a sniper to keep an eye on. "M1 to A1 - Eastern bird's nest found. Freezing at location to keep the egg from hatching." Grinning lightly as he held the silenced pistol of his at head level of this sniper from roughly 20 feet away, blending into the tree he leaned against. He thought 'I don't have the degree sight or whatever he's using for that...but I gave enough they outta be able to tell where I am compared to the remaining snipers watching the area...however many that may be.'

Regular
    Masraik thought to himself as he heard the scouts call out their sniper nest targets, <If only I'd brought a Cow outfit... maybe I could just sneak past and be of some use here. Damn scrawny, quiet sneaks.>

Post Fiend
    Azrael listened to the reports, unsurprised to find the base well gaurded. The NAC would be pulling out all the stops to keep this place secure and quiet. "Copy. Talon is moving into place, Prepare to stoop." He motioned the others forward with him, they would need to time this right. He could have the snipers take out two of the nests, giving them a clean approach to the entrance. If they could get close enough, and then charge, they could likely gain control of the entrance before they could shut it. That was the one thing Azrael would absolutely try and prevent. If that gate closed they would have very little chance of ever getting in. The only other entrances the Protocols had discovered were vents, likely built so that no person could use them for entrance or egress. He didn't want to risk trying them unless he had to, and he also didn't want to risk alerting the enemy by doing too much scouting.

When they had made their way, as close as possible to the front gate before they would be clearly visible to snipers and the gaurds and everyone else Azrael stopped the advance. Quietly he spoke over the com. Quuietly to the others with him he said "Alright as soon as we here those shots ring out we're going to make a break for it. Rush hard and heavy, their isn't going to be much subtlety to this. We HAVE to take that gate before they can close it. At least one of us has to make it inside to access whatever the control mechanism is, or keep them from actually closing it. Kill everything that moves. Move as quick as you can, first one to the door goes in." Then into the com "A1 to the Eagles eyes. Take out the birds, we're cracking the egg."

As soon as the shots rang out he charged, running with every ounce of speed he could muster which was considerable. He had a distance of about 300 yards to cover to the entrance. Already his rifle in his hands, aIming at the specks of people standing stock still in sudden suprise. High speed flechets took one, two, three of them down. Dropping more. Return fire began to ring out, the shocked forms begining to move again, many fleeing towards the gate, many more, running out from the gate. No indication that the gate was closing yet at least. Looked like about 20 to one odds down there right now. Easy. As long as they didn't start closing that Blast door yet. He continued his head long charge. Killing as he went.

ooc: more later. Feel free to start your approach, you can even start the door closing if you like. Here will be warning sirens and the whole shebang when it starts to close, just so you know.

Regular
    <Ah hell, couldn't he have at least let me get a head start!?> Masraik was by no means an agile individual, and running over rough terrain and through underbrush was by no means a good idea for him. He watched as Azrael deftly darted ahead of himself and prayed it wasn't caught with any surprises so far ahead and alone. Charging forward himself, Mas tried his hardest to keep up. It was all in vain. He probably kicked more rocks the distance he was trying to travel than he dodged while running. It didn't matter though, the gunshots from Azrael had given away their position anyways.

Having had his fair share of experience using a rifle, but probably less than anyone else in the group, Mas brought up his shield on his right arm in a desperate huff to catch the running soldiers. <Approximately 300 yards? I'm not sure the rapid fire will hit them accurately from this distance.> Not having had a chance to test his new toys, he'd just have to hope it worked for the best. While still running, and ignoring the extra handle for the high powered section of his shield, Mas pulled the grip to start charging a rail gun round. Taking aim mid stride, Mas release the trigger at the mass of soldiers gathering at the gate, intending to hit one of the runners.

Well, needless to say he missed. The round hit the ground below one runners feet, but the debris from the blasted concrete road was as good as shrapnel from an explosive. It took two of the runners in their calves, and put them down for the count. The unfortunate part of taking the shot, was that Mas had greatly underestimated the recoil on the new weapon, and it had spun him around mid stride and not so gently planted him on his rump. <Ok, ok. I won't underestimate a second handle from now on.>

Pulling himself up as quickly as possible, rather annoyed at himself for several reasons, Mas shouted over the radio, "Someone get that blast door before they make radio contact to control!"

ooc: I'm done in Alabama, just got home late last night. But this morning I'm heading out towards Washington state, so I'll be MIA for at least 3 days to make the trip. If you need to NPC mode me, go ahead.

Veteran
    OOC: sure thing Mas. If it's required. :)

IC: Quantas fired as instant as the order was given and called in, "10-4 bud." He probably wouldn't hear the gunfire because the only thing heard was the loud crack as the projectile broke the sound barrier, and the loud pop as it pelted the enemy and hollowed out his torso in a brilliant red explosion. The com transmittal was simply confirmation of the "egg" cracking. Given that the fellow scout members had massively overcompensated weaponry, silenced weaponry, and a normal plasma weapon, it was probably a good idea that he had com'd in.

Assuming at least Matthias' enemy was down, the south side of the entrance was two-thirds clear of sniper attack. The best views of the door were obviously from those sniping positions and not where Quantas was at the moment. Hopefully, Azreal's speed and the silence of Matthias' weapons made the scout movement fairly clear, except for that of patrols. "Moving into cover position," Quantas alerted Azreal and switched weaponry over to the assault rifle in case of patrols.

It was only a matter of a couple of dozen seconds before he had taken over the spot of what used to be a body and scoped the entrance. "Good spot," he whispered to himself, and fired a burst into a group of men. They were not kill shots, from the distance he was at. The 400 yard range sort of saw to that, but they were at least going to pelt something and hurt it. On the downside, he was obviously not hidden any longer.

Immediately he popped up and began the descent down the mountainside as fast as he was able to close the gap. There was no way he would get there before anyone else, save perhaps Masraik who was at the moment on his ass from firing his new weapon. People had poured out of the hatch, and whenever he had the opportunity Quantas fired a burst to decrease that number.

Doubtless, few things could be as disheartening in life as a group of five or more visible Angels descending upon you from all directions. Probably because you would more than likely realize that your life would be very shortly lived thereafter.

Regular
    "Copy. Talon is moving into place, Prepare to stoop."

'Just what I like to hear...some action.' He thought as he manuevered to be directly overtop of the sniper, the pistol inches from the back of the sniper's head. 'Once they give the order...I got to take this guy out and find the other sniper that's probably around here quick before they pose too much of a problem.

"A1 to the Eagles eyes. Take out the birds"
    A silenced pistol shot puffed out some smoke as the word birds was finished being pronounced and Matthias had already shifted to move towards the next position.

"we're cracking the egg."
    'Good to know...I've probably got about 5 at the most before those doors are going to be shutting or shut.' He thought as he sprinted through the woods, manuevering himself to a 3rd sniper position. Unfortunately for the sniper, this one was trying to take out the guy that just fired something and hit the ground. Glancing over, Matthias noticed it was Mas. 'Well you chose a bad target, he won't go down from that...you'll just piss him off' He thought as he raised the pistol when he was about 20 feet away, and pulled the trigger. The splat of brain hitting tree isn't heard often, but it echoed slightly as he picked up the sniper rifle.

Aiming towards the troops pouring out, he decided to lend some firing support for a clip's worth of time. Picking off soldier after soldier, he quickly expended the clip. Tossing it aside as he got up and started to run towards the entrance. It took about 5 steps before he saw several troops closer to the gate starting to back up towards it and retreat back inside. "M1 to all. Troops closer to the gate are starting to fall back. They might be getting ready to close it. Advising to move a little quicker through the cannon fodder up there." He spoke over the comm as he navigated down towards the gate. 'Seems those troops don't know where those shots I just took came from yet...that's good for me.' He thought as he activated the camo of the suit and turned his comm as low as it could go with him still able to hear it. He wanted full concentration as he holstered the pistol and manuvered closer.

Regular
    ooc: The first few paragraphs are quick summaries to get Kindle up to present.

Kindle spent the last few minutes of the flight in silence. If the couldn't sneak in, she didn't want to overuse her during the break in. She let her body focus energy into her blaster weapon (left arm). Her right weapon carried physical AP rounds. They WOULD get in. The jump down triggered her switch, she was serious, she was ready.

At the call for scouts and snipers, Kindle knew this wasn't one her sniper jobs. She was crafty, not subtle. Longview, Casper, and Matt make much better for obs. Kindle lined up her targets and waited. She heard it: "A1 to the Eagles eyes. Take out the birds, we're cracking the egg."

Without hesitating, she found Mas and ran behind him, best shield in the world for firing off bursts. Hearing shots, Kindle looked for approaching shoulders. These needed to be 1 hit kills, her blaster charge was fired at the neck, on the off chance some one lived there wouldn't be any calling for more later.

The enemy kept pouring out, and small rounds weren't getting them anywhere. Mas shouted "Someone get that blast door before they make radio contact to control!" She knew they were running out of time, they needed to move faster. They needed to thin the number between them and the door.

Her blast weapon at full, 2 pulse, scatter. She centered on the mob and released. It did not kill them, but it knocked them back. In a fluid motion she got 'hyper' (which means loading HPER High-Powered-Explosive-Rounds and as they were made specifically for her custom weapons, she figured "hyper" fit nicely with her personality.

Now that the front 2 lines were on their feet, time to rain shrapnel on them. 2 rounds did the trick on the prone soldiers. Hopefully giving Masraik enough time to get back up, and keep leading the charge to the gate. Having him was key, because he might not be able to recover anything but if he got in there, nothing sure as hell would survive, including the specimens and data.

... and her team didn't know it, but Kindle herself was a walking bomb if needed too...

Regular
    Pulling himself up quickly, he listened through the chaos. A shot in the distance, two shots in the distance, soldiers running out from this shield and another location to the left of their current position. <No where near enough to cause us a threat... if we can get inside.>

Masraik took off, this time using his full might to pump speed into his legs. He completely ignored all the bullets that grazed and blunted on his armor. He ran full force with his shield held high to block any ammunition that could get past him to Kindle or anyone else that stayed behind him.

He closed the distance in enough time. Not enough time to prevent a small army from exiting the doorway, but in enough time to get inside. The soldiers all around him fired and fired, but to no avail. Any that stayed too close were merely crushed in the face with his fist. Those that were not within range were quickly mowed over by Kindle. For some reason, after Azrael's SIM, this seemed too easy.

One soldier that had been incapacitated, but was still alive, laid ahead on Masraik's path, right where the blast doors came to a crushing stop if closed. Mas swept up the soldiers leg and slung him forward into more oncoming troops. "I need at least one alive for information! I understand if they threaten you, but save me at least one to interrogate!" He shouted over the com. He couldn't tell if the group of soldiers ahead of him had heard him, or they just realized that their gunfire was no worse than buzzing mosquitoes to the monstrous Angel, but they had looked at each other and were attempting a retreat back down the hallways.

"Albatross is in the hen house." Mas snickered over the com, making fun of their bird names for everything. He looked around, still relatively unphased by the rush into the base. Except for Kindle, they were rather spread out at the moment, at least the one's he knew where they were. That new armor they'd been given gave the possibility that one was already ahead of him, stealthed, waiting for those retreating soldiers...

Now Mas completely ignored the rest of what was happening nearby. He stepped inside the front of the base and looked around. The ceiling was high enough to fit military transport vehicles, and wide enough for in and out traffic. The walls were concrete and reinforced with steel or solid steel plates in locations. He didn't see a control panel for the door, but at least he was inside. At his feet lay tens of dead soldiers. <Give it time. Soon it will be hundreds.>

One soldier laying close groaned. <Perfect!> Ignoring the pelting and battering of regular ammunition hitting him from all directions, Mas slammed his shield's blade into the ground. It created a five foot tall wall for one of his allies to stand behind. He walked over and grabbed hold of the groaning soldier by the shoulders and turned him over so he could inspect where he was hit. <Hmm, a gut shot... he's no good to me. He'll be in too much pain to think straight.> And with that, Masraik put him out of his misery with a quick blow to the skull. Walking over to the next soldier, Mas inspected him as well.

<Oh what a nasty surprise...> Mas thought as the grenade went off in the soldier's hand. He would normally have turned to avoid most of the shrapnel from the explosion, but others were nearby, so he merely fell forward to catch the full brunt of the explosion with his stomach and forearms guarding his face. It wasn't a deadly blow, but the crushing impact was there none the less. Picking himself up gingerly after recatching his breath, Mas looked down at the dull orange glow of his abdominal plates, and the bloody smear on the concrete that were the remains of his would-be killer.

Ensuring that no shrapnel had escaped him and reached an ally, Mas looked around from his knelt position and waited for the dust to clear. Everything was in fact clear. As he stood and walked back to his shield he sneared, "Well, I'm not sure what everyone's kill count is, but I'm having trouble finding a useful hostage and I've only killed one. Any luck with the rest of you?"

Regular
    Pulling himself up quickly, he listened through the chaos. A shot in the distance, two shots in the distance, soldiers running out from this shield and another location to the left of their current position. <No where near enough to cause us a threat... if we can get inside.>

Masraik took off, this time using his full might to pump speed into his legs. He completely ignored all the bullets that grazed and blunted on his armor. He ran full force with his shield held high to block any ammunition that could get past him to Kindle or anyone else that stayed behind him.

He closed the distance in enough time. Not enough time to prevent a small army from exiting the doorway, but in enough time to get inside. The soldiers all around him fired and fired, but to no avail. Any that stayed too close were merely crushed in the face with his fist. Those that were not within range were quickly mowed over by Kindle. For some reason, after Azrael's SIM, this seemed too easy.

One soldier that had been incapacitated, but was still alive, laid ahead on Masraik's path, right where the blast doors came to a crushing stop if closed. Mas swept up the soldiers leg and slung him forward into more oncoming troops. "I need at least one alive for information! I understand if they threaten you, but save me at least one to interrogate!" He shouted over the com. He couldn't tell if the group of soldiers ahead of him had heard him, or they just realized that their gunfire was no worse than buzzing mosquitoes to the monstrous Angel, but they had looked at each other and were attempting a retreat back down the hallways.

"Albatross is in the hen house." Mas snickered over the com, making fun of their bird names for everything. He looked around, still relatively unphased by the rush into the base. Except for Kindle, they were rather spread out at the moment, at least the one's he knew where they were. That new armor they'd been given gave the possibility that one was already ahead of him, stealthed, waiting for those retreating soldiers...

Now Mas completely ignored the rest of what was happening nearby. He stepped inside the front of the base and looked around. The ceiling was high enough to fit military transport vehicles, and wide enough for in and out traffic. The walls were concrete and reinforced with steel or solid steel plates in locations. He didn't see a control panel for the door, but at least he was inside. At his feet lay tens of dead soldiers. <Give it time. Soon it will be hundreds.>

One soldier laying close groaned. <Perfect!> Ignoring the pelting and battering of regular ammunition hitting him from all directions, Mas slammed his shield's blade into the ground. It created a five foot tall wall for one of his allies to stand behind. He walked over and grabbed hold of the groaning soldier by the shoulders and turned him over so he could inspect where he was hit. <Hmm, a gut shot... he's no good to me. He'll be in too much pain to think straight.> And with that, Masraik put him out of his misery with a quick blow to the skull. Walking over to the next soldier, Mas inspected him as well.

<Oh what a nasty surprise...> Mas thought as the grenade went off in the soldier's hand. He would normally have turned to avoid most of the shrapnel from the explosion, but others were nearby, so he merely fell forward to catch the full brunt of the explosion with his stomach and forearms guarding his face. It wasn't a deadly blow, but the crushing impact was there none the less. Picking himself up gingerly after recatching his breath, Mas looked down at the dull orange glow of his abdominal plates, and the bloody smear on the concrete that were the remains of his would-be killer.

Ensuring that no shrapnel had escaped him and reached an ally, Mas looked around from his knelt position and waited for the dust to clear. Everything was in fact clear. As he stood and walked back to his shield he sneared, "Well, I'm not sure what everyone's kill count is, but I'm having trouble finding a useful hostage and I've only killed one. Any luck with the rest of you?"

Regular
    Matthias stood in the center of the hall, watching as the group of soldiers finally decided to retreat away from the hulk of destruction that was Mas. They had no idea he wwas there as they ran towards him, the camo function of this suit worked incredibly well. Pulling a few of his throwing knives out, he held them ready...waiting for the precise moment that he wanted.

It came a second later as a few of them turned to fire potshots back at Mas while the rest completely stopped, turned and opened fire again. Throwing the knives into the ones that turned around, they sunk into those soldiers skulls and the fire stopped. Drawing his katana, he held it forward as one of the unlucky potshotters ran square into it himself. Gasping for breath as he bled and the others stood watching in shock as he hadn't run into anything visible.

Taking the blade out as he elbowed that one in the face to have him bleed to death unconciously, Matthias turned slicing across the chest of another while frontkicking the final into the wall. Pouncing before the man could even think of a reaction, he had his katana sheathed and a knife held against the man's throat from behind while Matthias held him. Walking towards Mas he spoke to the man "You may not see anything...but so much as blink the wrong way and you'll be spitting blood out of your throat."

Manuevering the man behind the impromptu wall Mas had made, he stood for a moment. "Mas, got your interrogation here." Leaning the man against the Mas's shields, Matthias recollected his throwing knives and commed in "M1 in the building, the gate is ours light resistance at the moment but come in the water's fine."

Matthias drew his silenced pistol and began to manuever to the hallways out of lines of fire and returned fire, awaiting everyone to be in here.

Regular
    Walking over to the soldier who'd been planted against his shield, Mas grunted and hit the button on the head scales on his left temple, which in turn retracted his face shield. "Thanks M1." He said into the com.

Looking at the soldier, he wasn't much surprised. Typical corponation attempt of a soldier. He was barely a teenager, and from what he could tell, he probably wouldn't have much information. The vile scent of the boy soiling himself said enough of his military rank. He was too scared to move.

"Give me your name soldier!" Mas barked. He waited, but the boy only stared and quivered in fear, leaning heavily on his shield for support or perhaps an attempt to get as far away from Mas as possible. "NAME BOY!" Mas yelled as he reached out and grabbed hold of one of his arms. "If you don't give me your name, and answer my following questions clearly and to the best of your knowledge, I'll snap you like a twig." And with that, Masraik began squeezing his humerus bone. Masraik was easily four times this boys size. "It won't be hard..." He let his voice trail off as the boy mumbled something through his fear that sounded like 'Ezekial'.

"Good, now how much do you know about this bunker Ezekial? And where is the control panel to this blast door?" All he got as an immediate answer was a finger pointing towards an internal door at the end of the tunnel.

ooc: This is probably a good place for mister GE to give some random info if he deems necessary. I won't be putting useful information into the mouth of an external guard to this place who probably would know very little about the operation. =)

Post Fiend
    Azrael raced to the door, running full tilt, still firing, taking down enemy after enemy, some of them were retreating back towards the door now, Azrael was close though, and barrelling closer. In fact he was close enough now that there was danger, shots whizzed by him, dodged with the slightest of movements when possible, allowed to glance off of his armor when not. He knew that to slow, to stop and fight, was to be bogged down, and more than likely, prevented from reaching the door in time. THere was a near solid wall of gunfire coming out of the door way as the better trained soldiers retreated slowly down the corridor, Azrael avoided that killzone by moving to the left. He then plucked a grenade from his utility belt, then tossing the simple Fragmentation grenade through the air, and into the narrow confines of the doorway. THe fire and shrapnel shredded the unprepares soldiers in the hallway, he had timed the throw perfectly, their had been no chance to run, or to sacrifice one for the many.

Azrael saw the door start to move, a warning siren blaring. <Damn> The door moved slowly, ponderously, either never designed to move with speed, or simply unable to achieve proper velocity on the repairs the Corponation had been able to make. He raced for the door, gun left to flap against his chest as he pumped his arms for every ounce of speed he could manage. The door was sliding closed, he couldn't miss he leapt turning sideways as the door neared closing, over four feet thick it would be impossible for them to get through. He flew through the air twisting, he felt the door brush his feet, and then he was through. The door slamming shut behind him. He rolled out of his tumble coming up with the rifle at the ready. over the radio he sent "I'm in, secure the area, wait for the door to open. I don't know how long this will take, see if you can get some information." The he started down the hallway, moving towards what looked like a side passage that might lead to a control room.

ooc: More later, Mas, feel free to get the information I need to get to the control room. He might not know how to work it, but most of the peons would probably know how to get to the room. Everyone else, clean up any leftover resistance, and dwell on the unfairness of not being the GM.

Regular
    Masraik glared at the boy, as if the extra intimidation was required. "Unless you want to be an organ donor for some of our less fortunate cyborgs back home, you better not give me one lie boy. Also, you'll be our guide."

The boy said nothing. He didn't have to. The look of fear in his eyes was unmistakable. Trembling so bad he couldn't find his flak jacket pocket, the boy had to take his eyes off of Mas for a split second. Looking down, he ripped open the velcro and pulled out a silicon map similar to the computer Mas kept on him at all times. <My, how convenient. If this no body soldier has this tech on him, there's no imagining what lies inside this base.>

Mas pulled an up link from his com and attached it to the map. "Casper or Kindle, do either of you have the capability to tell if this map is accurate, bugged, and/or overall good for our purpose? If so, send it back so we aren't marching into the unknown."

Waiting for a reply, Mas realized he wasn't going to get one. The interference was too much for their personal com system. He could reach those that were inside the blast door, but none that were outside. He merely looked over at Kindle in hopes that she could do something for them.

Thread Information