Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Archangel Protocols: Revival IC

Veteran
    Azreal darted within the building and Quantas grinned. "Of course, you're the first in," he muttered. A moment later, there was a clang as the doors shut. Sliding to a halt, Quantas crouched and looked around with his rifle up and at the ready. After hearing Azreal's request he clicked back "10-4," scanning the area he started a bee-line for the peak above the hatch. At the very least, he'll get info on the area, as Az wished.

"I'll see if I can spot patrols before they ambush us, they've got the element of familiarity," he added. Bounding to his feet, he must have looked something like an indistinct blur in the low light of night. If they were worth anything at all, they'd have patrols with at least one person wearing an NVG.

There was a ping on a large rock behind him, and a moment later an echoing shot through the mountain range side of Cheyenne. It was impossible to tell where it came from now, but he had a clue. He looked around without stopping and saw one of the few high ground positions that had him in sight from this angle. Time to take cover he said to himself, and trudged on in a landscape imposed line for a good shot. Longview moved the rifle to his back and tightened the nylon-like bodystrap to secure it. Releasing the strap on his railgun, he slid it back into use and suddenly dropped behind a rock. Popping his head up above it he took a quick scan in the most obvious places. Seeing nothing he grunted and jumped out, back on the move. He repeated the motion another time before seeing in IR with his goggles. Resting the barrel against the rock he took only a half second to aim and mentally calculate the shot before firing, the enemy's head exploding like a melon in summer heat. "Nest neutralized," Quantas reported and moved on, switching back to his assault rifle.

Post Fiend
    ooc: ALright, I'm gonna just move us on ahead. Plenty of challenges within the mountain. and the whole who's in who's out thing has blocked my writing long enough that we are going to ignor it. It's all moot with this post, except the map that Mas so fortuitously found.

IC:
    Azrael followed the corridor, knowing that his team was split, fearing any reprisal could smash those inside against the walls literally, and leave the outside team badly weakened. It was surprisingly short. He kicked open a door to see a soldier spin in surprise, he raised his gun, but there was no hope of him getting a shot off. Azrael closed the distance in a single leap and had his sword at the mans throat before the gun was half way up. A simple nerve pinch from Azrael's free hand sent the gun tumbling to the floor. "How do you open the blast door?"

THe soldier was made of sterner stuff than the average Corponation recruit. "I won't tell. The main security force has already been ordered to this location You will all be killed in short order." Azrael sent a pulse of electricity through the blade. Just enough to cause the Bright blue plasma to arc briefly. The man gasped and the smell of singed skin filled the room. "Wrong on both counts. You will tell. Becuase even if you don't I can figure it out, and if you don't things will be much more unpleasant for you. I HATE figuring out pre collapse computer terminals. Also one way or another we aren't going to die here today. At least not while this base is still standing. So, how are we going to do this? Do I burn you and carve you after I've cracked the system? or do you tell me what I need to know and I kill you quick and easy, AFTer I use what you tell me?"

"Either way I'm dead."

"True, but that was a forgone conclusion, We're only putting off the inevitable. And makig it more gruesome the more you slow me down." Another pulse of plasma, another small whimper of pain.

"Alright, alright look, just use the vision box to open the security program. The first menu allows you to open the door."

Pulling his handgun and withdrawing his sword he moved to the console. <Vision Box... ugh the church of science ruins them more and more every year.> Looking at the program briefly he saw all he needed to. Reaching with his free hand while looking at his prisoner he deftly clicked and meneuvered the mouse to get the the screen with the tab for opening the blast door. "What's the security bypass?"

The man nearly choked. "Wha... what do you mean? Just click the button there."

Azrael was on him in a flash, sword point driven through the mans boot with his other hand around the man's throat lifting and squeezing. "The security bypass that will allow me to open the door without locking everything from here to the next control station. I know how these systmes work. Tell me the code."

"GRragghhu"

Azreal released the pressure on his throat slightly. " What?"

"Grand is the holiness of technology"

"You have got to be kidding me." But he knew the soldier wasn't that was exactly the kind of password the church would have installed. The soldier made gurgled protestations, but Azrael just dropped him to the floor and quickly accessed the console and typed in the bypass. It registered and then he heard the muted grinding of the door opening back up. He also deactivated the Turrets and locked all but one of the blast doors between here and the next layer of the base. "That should slow them down a little."

He saw the guard move suddenly, lunging for the gun he had dropped earlier. Azrael was once again faster, whipping out his handgun and shooting the man in the hand. He cried out, tucking into the fetal position around his hand. "Lucky for you I don't have time to try and pay you proper for slowing me down." With that he shot the soldier in the head.

He left rifle at the ready now. He met no resistance. He radioed everyone "ALright let's form up, We're in. No we have to find our objectives. I'm just inside the main door. We'll go from there, be on alert, area seems secure, but may not be."

ooc: I figure we form up, then we can head into the base. We'll probably split up to find the diff objectives (Info Archive, Genetic Archive, and Nuclear control panel.) If you have a preference post it ooc with your next post.

Regular
    *ooc: following suit, and just moving Kindle in.

She was grateful for staying with Masraik. Grabbing the map from him, she didn't immediately attach it to her system. "I can't tell if it will try to attack my system, I'm sure it has a passcode, similar to defense of the base, if we can get to a comp-station on the base, there's a better chance of using it without damaging myself". She hoped Masraik understood why she wouldn't just upload and analyze the device.

"We should go ta Az, he's at the main door, and it ain't far from here". Her had to use some of her own power to amplify the signal of the comlink, so she figured if she had to juice it up, then Mas probably wasn't hearin too much of what was goin on at all...she paused "Are you really keepin that one alive, I doubt he's got anything more useful to tell us?"

Kindle switched her left eye sight over to heat signatures and her right eye sight EM. She scanned the area, while there were many on the ground fighting for their life, only a few signs of resistance getting to Az. She winked and smiled at Mas, then stepped out and tested out the accuracy of her new blaster's system. Her shots had been more wild in the cleaning done to get her thus far. Surprisingly, it immediately synced with the foreign heat sigs, range was calculated, Kindle aimed and fired, PAAAA PAAAA PAAAA PAAAA. Four shots, four more down.

She talked over her comlink to the team "Beauty and the Beast are on their way" then she wondered if any of those frozen ones would get the old world reference.

*ooc: Mas, take us there if you please.

Veteran
    The door could be heard creaking open not too long after getting the last sniper on the hatch side. "Entre' vous," he whispered to himself, and started his descent down the mount once more. A dozen seconds later, Quantas skidded down a steep embankment and hopped off of it directly above the hatch, landing on his feet like a featherweight cat. Bolting inside with rifle at the ready he saw Masraik and Kindle, the later firing four times at some targets. Quantas could feel the twitching and fearful survivors, though wounded, around him. A shiver went down his spine, remembering why he rather killed people than maim them.

"Beauty and the beast are on their way," Kindle said, probably to Azreal. Masraik was holding an incredibly frightened young man. He could almost reach out and touch the boy's fear it felt so tangible.

"Ugh," Quantas grunted, "How horrible..." In a flicker of a moment, his cold heart sent a warm projectile through the boy's skull. Masraik was then holding a headless lump of human meat. "Sorry," he simply said to Masraik and ran on past him and Kindle. Azrael wasn't hard to track down in a situation like this. Not when Quantas knew his "feel" so well after all these years. It was like riding a bicycle, working with others. It always came back so naturally. Probably due to left over GENMEM from Seraph that they just figured they'd leave alone.

It wasn't long before he was standing in front of Azrael and he nodded once. "Hi! Remember me?" Quantas grinned behind his mask, "Heh, probably not, Mr.Ice."

He looked around the room quickly, taking it all in in a glance. "Is there a map of some kind we can upload to our HUDs? I can almost feel the Nukes' background from here, but I only know a direction, not how to get there."
    Last edited by Jolly Rensha; 18-05-2009 at 02:37.

Regular
    ooc: I'd like to head towards genetic archives personally, I'll drag Kindle along!

Masraik nodded to Kindle in reply to her questioning attitude of the map. It was only logical, too bad Casper wasn't there to take over the map and grid for them. At least he could be reprogrammed if something were to attack him internally.

At that moment Quantas showed up, and before he could even manage a greeting Longview killed his hostage. It didn't really bother Masraik that he was dead, but it did sort of bother him that there wasn't any communication beforehand. Maybe I wasn't done with him? Maybe he was still trying to convey the most important information we could ever glean from any of these soldiers. Maybe he was salvageable... Maybe his dead did bother him. Saying something now wouldn't help the mission, so he only glared at Quantas as he rushed off.

"That was unnecessary. I could have handled it." He said to Kindle as he swatted brain matter off of his shield handle and ripped it from the concrete. He made his way down the hallway to the area Azrael had cleared with the 'vision box' and looked over expectantly at Kindle.

"Lets try and find the genetics department, anything to do with archives and/or specimens that may have been 'preserved' as we are. I have this bad feeling because of the command to bring this bomb." Mas said as he jerked his finger towards his back where the bomb still hung. "I get the feeling that no matter what sort of data we recover, we're still going to find something that we want destroyed."

He hooked up the silicon device to what seemed like an archaic port on the out dated computer system. Thankfully, he'd toyed with these outdated systems a lot when redesigning his wing of the Protocol base back home. Pulling out his own personal silicon screen, he plugged his directly into map the child soldier had given him, to overwrite any potential security codes required to enter the computer system. It didn't take long. About 5 seconds and he had the route needed translated into his own mini system.

After getting what he needed, he furled up the area map he'd been given and pocketed it for another souvenir. Attaching his com to his receiver, and jacking up the frequency, Mas transmitted his map with detailed room descriptions to all that were listening. It was detailed enough to grasp where you needed to go to get what you wanted, but it was obvious that chunks of the map were missing based on the current security level achievable at this computer terminal. "Sorry guys, that's all you'll get for now. We do have a significant trail to follow to reach the reactor core that powers this place, and the genetics department. Also, it seems like there may be a medical wing here as well, for any that may need it. I see a war room, and your basic conference rooms everywhere. For those thirsty for corponation blood, I've also included the path to the barracks."

"S'il te plaît, Mademoiselle." Looking away from Kindle, Mas started walking in the opposite direction that Azrael's carnage had led. Pulling his shield up, he made a solid wall down the walkways they would be taking, making the best cover he could for Kindle, his personal firecracker with a rocket launcher.

Abaddon walked past the room that held the controls for the main gate, her eyes slightly dilated from the excitement of the killing sprees. She had promised, long ago, that she would always be there to guard Azra's back if they were to be put on the same team, and she knew that he had made a similar promise to himself.

Some memories, no matter how old they were, never faded.

She heard the door grind open, and heard the two gunshots that meant that Azra was finished with his prisoner as he sent a message over their comms. ((OOC: I may have been reading into this a little, but if this is wrong just shoot me later. I just want to get back to playing again!)) He walked out of the smallish room, and Abaddon looked over at him. "So...which one are we going to hit first? That is, if you don't want to split up to cover more ground." She spun the Asterael around her hand twice, the new lighter metal alloy making it arc gracefully through the air. She nearly squealed with glee. As she was fighting with her new toy, it had arced through the air with as much grace as she had when she wasn't welding any weapon at all. It was amazing. She spun it twice more just for the feel of it.

Focusing her attention back on Azra, she smiled a little smile and waited for his response.

OOC: Sheesh...*wants to cry* I wish that I could've posted more....sigh....just now you get to see Abaddon's glee at wielding a super light and super strong Asterael...I can't wait to use it in battle....'

And that was supposed to be her little extra something, waaaaaaaay back when, when we were first meeting in the armory before the mission...*glowers at her life and the impossibilities of it*
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Post Fiend
    ooc: just a quick one to get us back on track, hope everyone is ready to start back up. Sorry again for the abscence.

IC:
    As the team formed up and made its various comments Azrael grinned mentally, though none of it showed on his slightly bloody, grim exterior. They were working well together, and that was a minor miracle. They were in, that was supposed to be the hardest part. Now they just had to shoot, cut, rip, and tear their way through untold numbers of unreasonably fortified enemies. Piece of cake comnpared to breaking into the mountain while it was on lockdown.

"Alright everyone here's the gameplan. Chances are the libraries, both regular and genetic are near the front of the base, with the more secure items, such as the nuclear arsenal, and the Reactor further back. I'd like to save this bomb if possible, it's too valuable. They can only make a few grams of antimatter every few months, so a 6 Kg bomb is literally someones life's work. Let's not use it unless we have to. WE're going to move together section to section in as coordinated a way as possible. Masraik, I want you at the front, Abaddon and I will cover the sides and assist you if things get too heavy for you up front. Everyone else, gaurd the flank, and keep an eye on the floor and ceiling too, remember attack can come from all directions. We're going to search out the libraries first then work our way back."

He looked them over, didn't look like anyone had taken a scratch hardly. "Any questions?"

Regular
    ooc: Umm, so we're still sticking to the direction that Mas was leading, but everyone is following me now?

Ic:

"Lead the way? That's a first!" Mas smirked internally as he thought of all the posibilities of leading this group into a slaughterhouse...

Regular
    Kindle fell back into her position. At Azzy's prompting, she looked up, her EM sight showed clusters of blast engines in the intersection of the ceiling panels. "It looks like they have motion sensors that fire spaced out about every 3.167 yards. Taking them out..." This was a perfect time to test out one of the functions of her new blaster upgrade on her left side. She was unused to thinking the settings, but easily enough conveyed "power surge pulse", her natural aim was dead on, no need for cybernetics for these shots. But still, the ease at which her power came to her, the beyond-human responses that her body was capable of made her feel confident in all that she did.

Pyymm Pyymm pyymm pyymm pyymm

The blaster did not make too much noise, and the motion sensors were knocked out..."Ceiling is clear of the built in defenses". She took a moment to glance over at Longview, {"He will probably take a more tactical approach for incoming enemies, its a good thing that our strengths are different areas..."} At her thought, Kindle felt complimented rather than competitive towards Longview; she had admired how he handled the initial infiltration and was looking forward to his strategies as a sniper inside this confined space.

As for herself, Kindle might not know what was going to be thrown at them, but she sure as hell had the strength to deal with them when they arrived!

Veteran
    "None," Quantas replied to Az. He nodded quickly and agreed, "A-to-A." "But I think we could do two groups," he silently added ambitiously by thought.

As they got on their way, Quantas slid into formation at the back. Kindle identified and eliminated some surface motion sensors with her new weapons and abilities as efficient as any pre-programmed GELF. "Good girl," Quantas thought and grinned. He looked over at her and caught her stealing a glance at him too. He nodded in approval to Kindle, "good job." Quantas turned to make sure their rear was covered and mentally closed the faceguard on his helmet. No doubt the doors were abuzz with guards rendezvousing now, getting ready to break off and search. Also no doubt, the security hub is full of CCTV monitors and alerts ringing off the hook from the attack on the system that Kindle made.

"No doubt, now that those sensors are deactivated and someone notices it, we're going to see a large mass from behind. Probably a few junctions ahead and such we'll get an all sides attack too," he sighed. "It gets pretty formulaic after a lifetime of this. Heh, Keep blowing 'em up. Saves us ducking to keep our heads on our shoulders," Quantas said while he sort of chuckled. "Keep an auto or semi-auto ready for a workout." They shuffled along a few more strides and Quantas elaborated, "It only takes one lucky bullet from an untrained, inept, weak enemy to be your Achilles heel and take you down."

He looked at Kindle again as they moved along, "I hope you don't mind, but could you try and continue to be bubbly? It's sort of refreshing when I have hundreds of enemies nervous and shivering. It spills over," he explained. "My palms are actually sweaty. One of the reasons they don't use me often on intrusion missions is my empathic nature. I keep it under control rather well, most of the time. My room is, though, EM shielded specifically because of it, so," He shrugged.

Post Fiend
    ooc: oh good, we have a decent return. Quick post to keep us moving, things will start heating up soon. no worries.

IC:
    Azrael nodded as the team fell into place without any verbalized secondguessing. He knew with a team as advanced as this one there would be silent second guessing but they either respected him enough, or were disciplined enough to keep it to themselves. Almost immediately Kindle took out some overhead sensors. So... the CN had gotten the automated defnses online, or at least the sensors. That was going to complicate matters. Definantly for the best if they stuck together for now. "Alright, the only open door to the next section is dead ahead so let's move, the terminal made it look like this was a main corridor. Someone brief me on what that map said, if you can transmit it to my helmet hud." His helmet wasn't as fancy as some of the opthers, but it still had a basic HUD for displaying information and teamate telemetries when available.

They continued moving towards the door, beyond which all hell was likely to break loose. "Stay as tight as possible, try not to get seperated, we may never find each other again, we won't be able to trust communications here, for all we know the building was designed to block transmissions within it as well as from without." He waited for the map info as he took deep breath, tromping ever closer to the door seperating them from an army of the best the NAC has to offer. He knew it wouldn't be enough, but God damn, proving it was going to be fun.

Regular
    "Hmm, I already transmitted the map to everyone, did you not get it? There must be some interference if you didn't receive it." Or maybe he just wasn't paying attention to the little incoming messages when he was to busy being an animal... "Here, just take the map." Mas lugged his shield on one arm and reached down into his armor encased pouch to pull up the map he had already linked to everyone. Tossing it in Azrael's direction, Mas took a moment to look at the bunch. Slightly overkill for one tiny hallway huh?

ooc: I cannot find a good real map for this, not sure if anyone else has any ideas so we don't keep contridicting eachothers movements within the base. I personally am not familiar with military complexes, but have biased knowledge of nuclear security and would be basing my maps off that.

Post Fiend
    ooc: Feeling snarky there Mas? Like your char has any room to talk about people acting like animals hehe.

As to an actual map, I'm just way to lazy to deal with that, as you can tell, while I can come up with a good story I tend to gloss over the finer details to prevent contradictions and stuff in this. It's just how things roll... hopefully we won't have anymore full blown snafu's like entering the base and all that. That was strictly my bad.

IC:
    Azrael checked his hud, no transmissions cued. "Must have been blocked," He said catching the map from the air. "That's what I'm saying about staying close. Radio can short out quick here, even with our amped signals." He looked over the map which seemed to show a good portion of this level of the base, with several marks seeming to indicate elevators. "Looks like there's another security station at the end of this corridor, we're going to pay them a little visit and hope they have some more information for us."

With that they reached the only unlocked security door between them and the rest of the base. He signalled all of them to stop and listened. He heard the tromping of boots through the door, as well as the muted click of weapons being cocked. Of course they'd know which door was unlocked. What they weren't smart enough to figure out was an Archangels ability to hear, as well as their ability to think. The soldiers of the CN's could be deadly, but they were not innovative. They were trained to follow orders explicitly and absolutely. Too bad for them.

Whispering so that the others could hear him he said "Alright, let's get ready to breach, sounds like we got a lot of people eager to meet us on the other side of this door. Mas, I want you to give the door a good solid shove when I give the signal, then yank it closed once I've hurled this" He brandished the grenade " into the thick of it, once it goes off, we all charge into the breach and finish anything still moving off. You ready?"

ooc: feel free to powerplay me tossing the grenade in Mas, then we can all post bursting in and tearing some stuff up.

Regular
    Mas chuckled inwardly. "A good solid shove eh? I have a better idea... how about a little intimidation first huh? Nothing better than making them think they have a heard of elephants coming to greet them."

Masraik laid his shield to the floor and looked back at the group. "You may want to cover your ears, and stable your feet. This is about to be very disconcerting. If you want, you can add a howl or two in the midst you animal you." Giving Azrael a wicked smirk, Mas flexed his neck and shoulders, and pumped himself up with a few knuckle to knuckle punches. Here goes...

Masraik took a deep breath, stood his tallest, and leapt into the air. He came down as hard as he could on the steel plate in the ground beneath him. There was a little give in the earthquake absorption springs beneath the plate, but the majority of it collapsing around Masraik's fist. Mas quickly sprung from his kneel into the nearest wall, repeating the action of collapsing the metal around his fist. As he continued to repeat the process many times to the plating around the doorway, he released an ear-shattering deep base roar, giving the soldiers on the other side an idea of what was in store for them.

After a minute of personal gratification, Masraik walked over and picked his shield back up. "Sorry, I needed that. Must be a side effect of that tranquilizer they gave me..." And as if on queue, Azrael gave Mas his 'look' and a signal nod.

Rearing back with all his might, Masraik ripped through the metal of the door with his left hand and pulled back quickly. Azrael, standing some distance back made a quick flick at the elbow and sent the grenade soaring into the room through the hole. Within a fractions of a second, Mas had the hole blocked with his shield, and braced his entire weight against the shield and frame to block the impact from reaching through to his party.

One, two, three, four... "Hey Az, it ain't going off. What's up?"
    Last edited by Masraik; 18-06-2009 at 06:33.

Post Fiend
    ooc: always with the improvising and the doing things I don't expect *sheesh hehe if all of y'all were as difficult as Mas, then I'd probably go insane, but it would be a hell of a fun thread ;)

IC:
    Azrael had quickly covered his ears and braced himself, not knowing what Masraik intended, but not wanting to suffer any deleterious effects from whatever it was. The cacophony that ensued was painful, probably far more painful for him than it was frightening to the now thoroughly warned troops. When the display was over he curtly signalled Mas that it was indeed time to open the door, when the brute decided to improvise, instead punching a hole through the door. Dialing back the timer he had set to allow time for the door to be closed again, he tossed the grenade through the hole and watched as it was plugged by Masraik's shield.

<He IS a walking piece of heavy armor, I swear... I am glad he's on our side at least> Inwardly he grinned ruefully, then outwardly he grinned as Masraik counted down and failed to notice the explosion.

"It's a plasma grenade, not a frag grenade. It's mostly heat and light, they've been designed to have very minor concussion, you probably didn't even notice you big ox. Pull your shield back, and get us through that door."

ooc: you sholuld have a little bit of difficulty removing the shield, as it's been spot welded to the door a little, and the same with opening the door, On the other side the troops will be pretty much slagged ecxept for some reserves that had been placed further back. Their is a T intersection just beyond the door where they had been planning the ambush. It's now pretty much just char, melted metal and ash.

The reserves are armed with decent weaponry but nothing too heavy, say mostly fully automatic rifles, and a couple of low grade energy weapons, unfortunately at the moment most of the mare fairly well blinded. Have fun.

Thread Information