Warmth. Warmth and light. His vision blurred his mind still wrapped in fog, these were the first things that intruded upon Azrael's mind. After an indeterminant amount of time the muted, distorted speech of the lab techs filled his hearing. He opened his eyes. Yellowed light filled his vision, resolving into the distorted shapes of people beyond the glass walls of his cryotank. So they were bringing him back again. Hopefully this time it was for more than a check up and sampling. He hated when they did that.

He slipped back into unconsciousness for a time, allowing his mind to wander through the seemingly endless corridors of his life while his body was brought up to temperature, the superoxygenated fluid around him supporting him and nourishing him. His mind flitted from memory to memory, sometimes reliving whole scenes from his life, sometimes simply touching on the barest fragment of a moment. Sometimes the memories made no sense to him. That happened a lot. His keepers told him it was due to his minds fragmentation under the load of centuries of combat.

Images floated before his minds eye, blood, battle, death. But also other things, memories of a gentler nature. The origin of which was mostly unknown to him, mostly but not entirely. As always she entered his memories. Always her. He wondered if they'd ever allow them to both wake at the same time. Probably not. HE felt the fluid begin to drain from the tank and braced himself, knowing the shock, the sense of drowning that accompanied this rebirth as he had to expel the liquid from his lungs and begin breathing the cold sterile air of the Protocol research lab.

Coughing and gagging he spewed the thick golden liquid from his mouth, naked he sat there on the floor until he was sure his breathing was solid. Then he stood and waited for one of the techs to bring him his robe. He shrugged into it and patiently awaiting his instructions. THe tech spoke to him in a somewhat awe filled voice "Sir, the shower facilities are..."

"I know where they are, I am here for testing or for a mission? Oh and how long was I out for this time?" he cut the tech off.

"Oh, of course you do sir. Uh... you've been thawed for a mission... Briefing is in an hour, you have full base access until then Sir. Briefing will be in the main conference hall, security access level Red. The door has already been keyed for you biometrics. You were out for just under 60 years sir."

"Excellent, thank you." He replied, then turned away heading for the showers to remove the sheen of sticky goo from his flesh. HE moved through the halls unneringly. The base hadn't changed in over 700 years after all. After cleansing himself and finding a set of his normal black spidersilk shirt and trousers already waiting on him, he moved off to the cafeteria. The ice may have stopped his metabolism cold, removing his need for eating, but something about these long freezes always left him ravenous when he woke up.

He moved through the cafeteria, piling his plate with food. HE was pleased to see that there was even real meat instead of the synth meat they normally had to eat during the early decades. After piling three platters with enough food to feed several men twice his size he settled in at a table and began to consume his feast. Despite the portions he didn't eat with wild abandon, he ate properly, even primly, a tad quickly perhaps, but who could really blame him?

ooc: You may do one of several things, you may wander the base, meet up with my char, meet up with other char, or just have some exposition, I'll move us on to the briefing when it is time for that.