Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Archangel Protocols: Revival IC

Casper's palm strike was met with a rather considerable amount of resistance. Her armor was nanite-enhanced, but her file didnt mention it could focus those micromachines to specific parts. They probably didn't think the team would be fighting itself. Casper's srike would have stopped the heart of an organic being with soft armor. Considering her age, Kindle was far more heavily modified than most. She was apparantly very wealthy.

Following his attack, she latched on to his arm with a grip stronger than his own. Seeing a change in her body's power flows, Casper latched his free arm onto her other wrist. The jolt of energy coursed through his electron-fiber muscles as a power surge. His central core was well protected against such things, but his muscles were locked and contracted as the fibers tensed under the charge. As he was not grounded for the attack, the jolt flowed through his arms, across his chest, and out his other arm where it continued into his opponent's wrist. Her feet were metal, and likely served as a grounding device for her electrical parts, but she would definately feel the jolt, however briefly.

Next, because his muscles held their tension even after Kindle released his arm, he was dragged to the ground with her as she ducked into a roll. Releasing her wrist, Casper landed on his knees and rolled foreward, drawing his combat knife. Maintaining his need to keep close to her, he sprinted at Kindle as she rose, slashing the knife at her less modified right shoulder area, finishing off the assault with an upward swipe across her midsection. If he could land a hit, the nanites would have to concentrate thier efforts on repairing the gash, lest she bleed to heavily.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Regular
    ooc: Detailed information in her files, as Casper has access to them all: Kindles In order to support high speed and the ability to output high amounts of strength, she obtained nanite enchancements along with 100% joint replacement to handle the strain. Her skull has been completely replaced to prevent a crushing blow to the head however the skin on top is real. Her eyes and ears are cybernetic. Her left side, with the exception of particular organs is nearly all replaced and can output more energy, it also provides extensive protection to her heart. Her right side has an equivalent amount of muscles/joint enchancements, however the upper right side has alot more visible flesh. Kindle has not yet requested lung or heart replacements, though she does have a system in place that can "pump" her chest (simple rhythmic energy dispersal to the appropriate muscles). Her file demonstrates that her right side is weakest to physical attacks, and her body structure overall is weakest to EM attacks.

IC: Kindle felt the jolt cycle back to herself {This is why I love fighting other techies!} right before she dropped her grip and rolled away. Casper, however did not relinquish his grip, and was pulled to the ground with her.

{He's alot more clever than I am, and he has more spunk than the usual androids...he and I will probably work well together on the field}.

In the time it took her to switch her stance (and energy priorities) to a defensive one, Kindle felt a searing pain across her right shoulder. The force shield replicated the wound of, unluckily, a deep slash. She instantly reacted spinning in the other direction of the incoming midsection slash to dodge it and set her body to prevent blood trauma, close the wound, and protect it from other harm. Her hormone level rose while reacting to pain, Kindle's eyes blazed up focusing on Casper's actions.

Immediately, she dropped the restraint on her speed, but not to put range between her and Casper. She kept her current speed, allowing Casper to close the distance, when he was a stride away, she lunged, using all her concentration and speed to pin him down.

Post Fiend
    Azrael dusted himself off and got to his feet. He took Masraik's offered hand and shook it saying "You didn't do so poorly yourself. The Protocols Armor has gotten better... Should have taken your head off with the Dorothy wire, or melted that armor straight off between the plasma and the nades. Well... I think we can work together, You're a living wall and I'm a living weapon. Between the two of us I think we can do some serious damage. Let's see how the others are doing."

With that he settled back to watch for the moment. Trying to decide when exactly to hurl them into the scenario he had planned.

OOC: If you've ever seen the more recent production of I, Robot, the robots in that are what i basically envisioned for the way Casper looks and moves, though with very real-looking skin and facial features rather than the semi transparant stuff on Sonny.

IC:
    Casper landed a hit on Kindle's shoulder, but the potentially more grievous blow to her midsection was avoided. She broke away and began backing away. Casper, maintaining his so far effective tactics, went after her only a few steps behind. He noticed she was faster, and realized she'd been holding back. No sooner did that process make its way to his central computer did she suddenly reverse her momentum and charge at him.

His own momentum prevented him from being able to react in time to fully avoid the impending impact, so he took it head on, holding the knife like a stake in front of his chest. The blade was forced between himself and Kindle. The active force fields shattered the leathal edge, but Casper wouldn't know if Kindle was "injured" until they recovered. He did know that his damage assessment was sending him signals that the handle of the blade had been forced into his lower chest. His armor absorbed what impact it could withstand, but his internal plating, however light it was, took a fracture and compromised its integrity. Another powerful blow to the same spot could penetrate into his internal mechanics.

The duo hit the ground and slid a ways with Kindle on top.

OOC: I have to stop here so you can decide how much, if any, damage the knife caused. I didn't say before but they're probably made of some kind of highly durable alloy, but if her armor is strong enough, it could cause the blade to break.
    "I am the brightest light, for I am darkness. I know everything, for I know nothing. I am a container, brimming with emotion, for I am empty."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

"Intelligence is the key, and she is locked out." - Josh Sneed, in reference to his ex.

Regular
    ooc: lol well my character is a honorable fighter and enjoys himself a good challenging match. What better match than fighting the person you were created in the mold of? :)

IC: "Alright. It's time to get serious." He heard through the ringing. The voice seemed different somehow. His delay tactic knives did little but bounce off of her weapon as she deflected them. She charged then, through the blurred sight he had he could make her out pretty well btu not the very specifics he needed. Guessing as to which direction the blur was obscuring her towards, he defended accordingly. Luckily he had guessed right, parrying the first couple blows before one got in past him and sliced his left forearm.

Finally regaining his senses, he noticed she obviously had too as her swings and strikes became more precise and targeted. Parrying as quick as he could, none of the rest struck home before he saw the split second opening she had left him. As she was striking downwards he struck forwards. Not manuevering away from her attack at all and simultaneously jamming his katana into her stomach where the ribs meet. (I don't remember what that bone is called but that's where he aimed.) Groaning in pain as her blade was jammed into his foot. He let go of the katana for a split second while he grabbed another pair of throwing knives with his left hand, stabbing them into her chest and pulling his pistol out with his right hand at the same time, putting it directly to her left shoulder and pulling the trigger.

After quickly stabbing the knives in he regripped the katana with his left while his right pulled the trigger of his pistol a few more times. Groaning silently, he noticed that her speed of movement had apparently given him a few more gashes than he had initially noticed. A slice on his left forearm, and slashes to his right arm and chest were known to him; but the gash at his right ribs and across his stomach he hadn't noticed. The adrenaline was keeping him out of reacting to those minor injuries, but combined they were starting to tire him out. If his move didn't end it...he had only one other that could against an opponent as skilled as she.

Veteran
    Longview paused a few seconds for neutral battle-time to take place and decided to make the first move. Suddenly and quickly he threw the assault rifle up with one arm and fired on the conventional projectile setting. Instantly Longview also pulled out a pistol with his left hand. Cocking the pistol against his hip to get the first bullet in the chamber, and pull back the hammer, he flung his hand up and fired for Bryan's head. His piercingly sharp eyes, coupled with the enhanced nervous system that played two roles, made for an accurate machine of death. The hand eye co-ordination skills of Longview were among some of the best the Protocol had seen. It wasn't an accidents. When he was conceived, the Protocol didn't make accidents anymore. That's what the Pure ones were for. The experiment. The first. He was refined. The assault rifle would do all the nasty body-damage while he could focus his aim on his left hand. It's 'handy' to be ambidexterous, he thought with glee.

Regular
    Masraik looked over at Azrael and back up at the continuing fights. "Ya know, why wait for the little group get together you have scheduled for us, why not shake things up a bit now eh?" Mas nodded down at the remaining grenades attached to Azrael.

He leaned forward and whispered, "ya know, toss in a grenade or two to those battles over yonder." Hahaha, he was trying to stir up trouble, and it felt good for a change.

Regular
    Kindle's stomach pulsed with pain. Her armor had again protected her from any penetration, however the impact, twice now, on her chest made the intake of air difficult and thus made Kindle overall lightheaded. {...and this is why I fight from a distance heh}.

She realized she was still on top of Casper, and she still managed to keep her normal personality, thinking {kinda loses the humor when its cyborg female on android male}. "You're too clever for me Cas" <takes a deep breath, and slows her speech down, allowing herself to slide to the side of him> "Casper, I really don't do to well in the close up" <breathe> "department...I knew that" <exhale...inhale> "most my missions would be with those who" <closes eyes and yawns to force her lungs to fill up> "well, don't have quite as finite a life as me" <breathes easier> "but times like these make me glad that I made the newest in defenses my priority".

{oh duh, why am I breathing hard...} "End paired combat mode, Kindle" <The force field dropped, and Kindle took a wonderfully relaxing deep breathe, as if she was inhaling all of Spring>

"It looks like Az and Mas are done, if ya wanna go find out the next challenge with me" ((feel free to walk with me))

Kindle approaches the Pure One Beasts upbeat and cheerie. "How'd it go Mas? Nice to see you all in one piece <giggle, then continue talking without allowing herself to be interrupted> I was inspired and I tried to fight all face-to-face as well, totally not doin' that again if i can help it"

OOC: Matt, there are a few things about your post that even GE didn't like, so I am going to edit a few of your movements in a minor way. Hope you don't mind, but I got GE's permission to do this...

IC:

Apollyon almost felt rather than saw Matt's body move and, using the blade that was buried deeply in his foot, showed herself away just enough that the katana went between her arm and body, creating a shallow slice on her side and the side of her breast. Cursing heavily with the pain of it showing in her voice, she lept back just as he, unknowing to her, pulled out a gun.

As she lept back, she jerked the Asterael out of his foot, and hit the gun up before he could fire. The shots went into the air, missing Apollyon. It was then, as she tried to force Asterael up high into the air with her left arm, that she noticed the knives sticking out of her bicep. Understanding flitted through her brain the second that she saw the knives, and she immediately switched her grasp on the weapon to her other hand, using her mouth to pull the blades from her arm. It hurt like hell, but there was nothign she could do about it now. She couldn't leave the blades in her arm to do more damage to the muscles, but using her mouth to remove the blades while also trying to keep an eye on Matt was a challenge.

The sounds around the room were dieing down, so she knew that they were one of the last groups to finish. But Apollyon, in the full spirit of things, wouldn't back down until she was dead.

Using her right hand as the bottom hand, supporting most of the weight of Asterael, she grabbed the other handhold with her injured left, and went for a full-blown attack, swiping with her blade downwards towards his head, then sideways towards his neck. For the neck blow, she could only use her right hand, so with her left she pulled out the nearly forgotten hand gun from its holster, and held it up in Matt's face after the neck stroke, in case she had missed. She pulled the trigger.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my....LASER!!
    ~Some random deviation that my brother showed me one day, once upon a time...lol

Post Fiend
    ooc: Alrighty, moving us along... you can make a last post to finish up your duels, but try and end them to go along with my post...

IC:
    Reclaiming his sword he listened as Masraik suggested that he "shake things up", Azrael smiled and touched his grenades. "What with these? No... I have a better idea in mind." Smiling mischievously he watched as Kindle approached. Her stream of words didn't allow for Azrael to break in, but when she finished he said "You may have too. If they keep this team together you may want to consider some melee upgrades or maybe some hand to hand training. A lot of our fights get down to that eventually. They have nearly unlimited troops, and it seems we almost always run out of ammo before they run out of soldiers."

Then looking at the group with him (in case Casper decides to follow Kindle) he says "You might want to get ready." Then he issued his commands "Computer, full safeties on all parties, Reset Injury Punishment settings, Reload and restore all weapons." (Since any damage/ammo is virtual). "Load preloaded Scenario."

Then a whooping siren loaded and the scenery began to change. The ground became the sear burnt out lanndscape of lands deep within corponation control, the dark roiling clouds of pollution seeming to hang low over head. Around them rose the decrepit tenements and jagged towers of a corponation megacity. THe ground underneath their feet was the pocked black pavement of a street, filth and refuse lining its gutters. The real horror though was moving down the street towards them. A teeming horde of enemies, many armored and fitted with Pre Collapse tech. There were even tanks and other armored targets interspersed amongst the troops. It was an impossible scenario. But it should give them a good test of how well they worked together, especially under pressure. He would never attempt this one without full safety, but he figured, what the hell. They could go for a new high score.

"Everyone form up! I want my snipers hitting any targets of opportunity, that means pilots of armored vehicles, obvious officers, and anything else that catches your eye. Otherwise provide support for those of us on the front lines. Everyone else, I want you to form a line on me and start unleashing hell. Heavy weapons first! We do NOT go to melee until the enemy has left us no choice. Kindle, Check that building" He pointed to a particularly tall tenement behind them. "If we need to retreat, I want a clear line, and the sim is programmed for full intelligence on this so they will more than likely be circling behind us."

"Everyone get ready!" With that he let loose his first volley, pulling the pin on two of his remainging frag grenades and tossing them the distance to the front ranks of the enemy. He only had two left but he was saving those for an emergency. The hard little orbs sailed with incredible speed over the 150 yards separating the two groups, Exploding within the front ranks, shredding unarmored enemy combatants. "Fire!" Then he swung his rifle up and began firing, letting round after round of regular ammunition pump out of the chamber and tear into the enemy. They started dropping like flies, but inexorably the next line moved closer.

Regular
    <Hmmm, well that doesn't leave us much time to plan anything out.> Masraik looked around himself, and saw two snipers, one instructed to find a building to snipe from. He also saw his leader, two individuals focused specifically on melee capabilities, a heavy firepower android, and himself.

<Well, looks like I'll do what I excel in.> With that, Masraik quickly ripped the shield from his back, pulled it into its two pieces, and slammed each piece into the ground at an angle. One he shoved into the ground about two foot into the ground in front of Longview, the other he put into the ground in front of Casper, offering the two heavy firepower the best defenses he could. "Cover for our snipers!" After that, Mas looked around for any other possible cover that could withstand a tank blast... it was looking bleak. These buildings weren't built for war, they were commercial.

"Kindle, I think you can handle getting into position by yourself correct? Maybe someone should go with you, but I'm best left on the front line. Any volunteers to protect our firepower?" Mas looked between Matt and Abaddon in hopes of a volunteer. They would probably be the best bet for secondary defense, but he doubted he could get Abaddon to volunteer. She seemed more the type that wanted to be the center of carnage. Azrael seemed the same way, but not because he enjoyed the slaughter, but more enjoyed the rush.

"Whatever you decide, I'm here to defend the front lines and take the hits intended for you all." With that, Masraik stood out front and waited for the rounds to start flying towards them. He braced himself, making himself as wide as possible at the same time covering his companions until they could get into safer positions. <Ya know... just like always, I get to use it in the Sims without repercussions... it is all simulated after all. Just like healing my ear, it was fake. Berserking will be no different.>

Mas kept telling himself that, but he always dreaded using it around allies, even if the damage was simulated, and the enemies were fake. But there was always that chance that it would get out of hand, he'd disable the computer sim again, and actually do some harm to the friendlies... again...
    Last edited by Masraik; 27-03-2009 at 11:29.

Regular
    Holstering the pistol quickly to be more available for movement, he stood for a moment waiting for her next move. It didn't take long for her to make it though as she made what would probably be the last few moves of this duel. Pulling his katana quickly over his head, he sidestepped just enough to parry her blade away from him. Leaning backwards he avoided the neck swing, standing back quickly to counter-attack. But he didn't have the chance. There was a pistol to his face and the trigger was pulled. (OOC: I'm not sure how that works when you'd actually get like K.O'ed in the sim so I'm just gonna keep on going)

Staggering back a few steps with a SPLITTING headahce, he shook it off as the simulator was reset. Nodding to Abaddon "Good match." He said smiling as he sheathed his katana and retrieved his knives. Glancing around, he noticed the particular setting taking as many mental notes as he could before the action started. Azrael kicked it off with his orders being shouted, grenades being thrown and the volley of weapons fire. Masraik put some defensive measures in place for the heavier firepower. "Any volunteers to protect our firepower?" Noticing Masraik look between him and Abaddon, he gave a little hand gesture that resembled a raised hand. "I'll take care of it."

Crouch walking, to stay low and behind the cover that was there, to Kindle. "Alright. Where ever you go, I'll be there to lend a hand."

OOC: Asvar go ahead and PRP me going with you

Casper dashed behind the nearest car with his back to the frame, and loaded his rifle with explosive bolts. Best thing about plamsa weapons was their capacty. A single clip held over a hundred rounds, since all they were bascially just small pellets in the canister. It was the electrical charge and super high velocity that made them glow and burn. The only real drawback were the overheating possibilities from sustained fire. Casper began targeting the nearest tank. His rifle was not as powerful as Longview's, but at this range, the difference between the two wasn't significant. Casper linked his tac helm with those of his squadmates in a single action (a quick press to the temple).

"Longview, APC Bearing North 32 degrees West," Casper knew a sniper's most valuable asset was a spotter. If Casper could give him targets, they could disable and destroy targets with much higher efficiency. Casper fired two rounds at the APC's front left wheel, blowing the ancient tech to bits, and causing the vehicle to grind to the left, exposing the dirver through the small window, and creating a nice obstacle on the road for the tank behind it.

"Infantry, left flank," he said to the squad. With fluid precision, Casper swapped his explosive plasma for incendiary, and fired several rounds into the walls and fronline units of a stream of enemies emerging from an office building. The doorway caught fire, as well as the bodies hit by the rounds. "Commander, suggest moving Longview and myself to higher vantage in the building behind us."
    --Bebedora, Arc the Lad

Regular
    ooc: i actually drew this weapon layout out to make sure it would work

ic:
    Kindle nodded wordlessly at Az. Pushing a com button on her left arm "Field Arsenal, Kindle -2472 Heavy" Picking up the produced additions to her weaponry she thought through quickly through the bigger parts of her arsenal:
    { Concentrated Energy dispersal built in to her cybernetic design,
    { utility belt with 8 grenades - the left 4 non fragmenting blasts and the right 4 chemical smoke,
    { S.J.3 Plasma Rifle - link established in left hand,
    { Short Range Energy Blaster - in calf holster,
    { .577 Pistol - loosely strapped in thigh holster,
    { Jackal - attached left to right tilt ways on her back,
    { and the defining weaponry to her heavy arsenal Kinetic Energy Weapon with 16 high explosive rounds (can alternately be used as an over powered grenade launcher)- carrying strap over her right shoulder, rounds snuggied in pigeon holes on the front of the strap}

Before the group was completely assembled, the scenario was in full swing, Azrael threw 2 grenades at the groups 450 feet away. Kindle had just shouldered her KE pipe when Mas had urged accompaniment of herself and Longview. Kindle was happy when the Gelf, Matt, quickly stepped up to be the guard.

In a soft voice, "Matt, as soon as we reach the building I'm switching vision to infrared ((winks her left eye))and EM fields ((winks her right eye)) for priority targeting, I'll need you to be my physical eyes."

Kindle and Matt crouched from cover to cover on their way to the building behind, Kindle filled the gelf in on Az's instructions unsure if he had heard them "Don't shoot any in the direction as our party yet, we are looking for circling parties and need to clear this building in case a retreat is needed, we don't want to give away our destination till its secure."

Kindle let Matt lead the way, his speed and superior senses allowing for more stealth and a more efficient path. About 20 feet from the base of the building, Matt stopped, pushing Kindle back down under cover, he motioned '2 snipers, 2nd and 5th floors'. {totally wasn't kidding about full intelligence, what is this scenario, us versus the troops of an entire corp}

She motioned back that she could take them out from here. Her plasma rifle was already linked. When she glanced around the ruined stone, {statue maybe?}, that was providing cover she realized that a clear shot on one would mean making her open to the other. "Cover me from the 5th"

Kindle thrust her rifle barrel on the right side, it took 720 milliseconds for her linked sighting to steady the SJ3 on the exact angle. She upped the power by 1/20th to compensate for the thickly polluted air, and fired. The SJ3 is an exceptional rifle because it operates on the different velocity but harmonic pulses. The first pulse being the slowest and the third pulse being the fastest. Instead of providing a 'spread', the pulses act like pool balls, the third merges its energy to the second, which in turn transfers its energy to the first. By the time the the first pulse has received a second acceleration its concentrated plasma makes a clean through & through shot.

Head shot, cheek through upper back skull. Kindle pulled back to cover, looking over to the gelf {His name is Matt, not The Gelf, Kindle}, grateful for such a speedy partner.

As she set her rifle for a high intensity charge, all she could think was {If we are going to provide cover for the team, we need to clear the snipers and any 'guards' asap}

ooc: Matt, feel free to tweak any particulars on your actions, and pp getting us into the building.

Veteran
    He apparently was a faster shot than Bryan was on his feet. Their duel ended quite quickly and suddenly, giving way instead to the all-too-familiar landscape of the North American urban wastes. Orders were issued and he pulled the goggles down over his eyes. His eyes were excellent as it was, but with the goggles, he saw everything his gun saw in a PIP sort of way too. Handy dandy any way you look at it. "Longview, APC transport North..." Casper reported.

Mas threw down a shield in front of he and Casper. "10-4 Casper," he responded. "Masraik, thanks for the cover but uneccessary. We won't be here for long." Casper shot out the tires in the APC that he spotted; good man, thing, that Andy. Reacting instantaneously and in fluid motion Quantas tossed the pistol still in his left hand into the air, steadied the rifle with his now free hand and fired with a lead on the barreling target. He could have sworn the driver looked at him just before he ate the bullet. Dropping the front of the weapon from his left hand, he caught the pistol as it landed and holstered it.

Casper mentioned something about moving to higher ground behind them. Turning, he checked his surroundings. "I second that, Casper. If I remember, Az likes his soldiers to take initiative. Let's move," he responded. Swinging the rifle around to his back, he cinched the body strap and took a full sprint for the building. "Let's not waste time, now, Casper. Take your time finding targets on your ascent if you can't follow as quickly."

Longview ran up a car who's paint was seared off by some former battle and took a flying leap from the hood up to a broken down concrete wall. Grabbing with his hands, he had a foot against a rough edge, lifted himself up and ran atop it. Jumping up and wall kicking off, he grabbed a ledge on the next floor up, again pulling himself up with almost as much ease as walking it seemed.

A tank apparently fired at his position as he ascended because ahead of him the wall exploded, tossing concrete dust and particulate against his exposed skin in a stinging spray. "Someone take out that tank!" he commanded anyone with the ability. "I don't have enough firepower for that." Sticking his head out of the hole, he looked up. There was a piece of rebar sticking out about six feet up and bent at a downward angle. Quantas swung his body out of the hole and leapt straight up, catching the rebar and pulled himself up using the wall for something to push against before finally balancing on the rod. The tank fired again, but hit where Longview used to be on that rebar piece. A matter of a second earlier he had jumped from there to an outcropping some distance away, and rolled to his feet. Finally, a usable staircase that hasn't collapsed, he thought to himself, relieved. He ran up, taking long strides and covered as much ground as he could. Going a couple floors up, he exited the stairwell and entered a mostly unscathed portion of the injured seven story building. From this distance, the tank wouldn't have been able to detect his movements accurately anyway, but he'd rather be safe than sorry. An explosion one floor up in the stairwell proved his caution valid, as the tank gunner guessed. Using the rifle camera, he peeked outside and around. "Good view from here," he said. "In position, but I'm not staying here long. Report in Casper, any good targets?"

Thread Information