Thread: T/M question

Sir Postalot

T/M question

ok... i dont want this to turn into the usual flame fest of "T/M's suck" vs "no they dont"

but, ive just been noticing recently that a number of T/M's have alot of defense and rather poor thieves and wizzies

mainly notice this cause my A/T will rather happily walk in and rob them of their GC, with a 85%+ success rate

now, this is the crux of my question...
    would you rather your T/M have 5-6 raw wpa and tpa, with ~70-80dpa
    OR
    would you rather your T/M have 3-4 raw wpa and tpa, with >100 dpa

cause, to be honest, im seeing alot of the latter... which is why i think they are getting such a bad reputation recently

comments/thoughts???

I'd rather have 3-5 raw wpa with 5+ raw tpa with good defences.

A/Ms can handle some MS assuming your running either DW or Elf mystics; if T/Ms want to play bank then its more important to be protected from thieves than from fools gold. Better the GC is destroyed than be given to the enemy in my opinion.

I've robbed several pure def provinces this age, mostly inactive elves OOW it seems.
    Proud to be a WannaBee

We are recruiting again now for 1-2 spots, let me know if your interested via pm. Experience isnt necessary as long as you are committed and IRC capable to aid the learning process.

Postaholic
    90~115dpa is a must for t/m. a t/m is no good if it can be taken down. also a major role of t/m is to help slay dragon. low dpa t/m cannot do that

but i dont see why u cant have both 5~6 raw tpa/wpa AND 100+dpa. in the past our t/m has had no problem getting 100+dpa with 4+ raw tpa and 7+ raw wpa (for mystics). u just have to have VERY good players playing them so they can keep up with kd's growth rate and suck up honor

most of the kds cannot handle t/m because they dont know how to use them, and they dont have players good enough to play them. they end up underestimating the amount of time t/m need to get prepared, and they rush to war without t/m being rdy and end up getting pwned and blame it on t/m being sucks

Postaholic
    oh and btw the whole purpose of having unbreakable t/m is to slay dragon and have a constant income source for kd mates. if the player is too selfish to slay dragon and aid others gc then its completely useless. sadly almost all t/m out there are like that, and only VERY good kds have good t/m

If possible, boost dpa on T/Ms heavily before wars. As waheed points out, it's also an investment in dragon food. Running crazy defense in peacetime would be a poor decision.
    For Master of Magic fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Collins, CEO of OMAC
    You should ask as many people as you can to criticise what you plan on doing.

There is no peace time for ghettos.
    ILM.

Post Fiend
    How about a T/M with 5 TPA and 5 WPA raw and has a 75% Draft. And looks like a noob when you see his building strat and science. But he is an experience player started since the start of this game...;)

Is it a trick?
    Last edited by Major Player; 14-03-2009 at 11:07.

Thread Information